“Go Ahead....Stay Here.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Go Ahead....Stay Here.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I lived in LA for almost 20 years and never stopped by this hotel - since I've moved back to the east coast I now stay here once a month for a week at a time on business and it's become like a second home. The location is perfect with it being situated half way between Hollywood and the Westside as it cuts down on travel time around LA. Rooms are on the smaller size(although larger than NYC), but are very cozy and the furnishings and style are top notch. I switched from a boutique hotel in Westwood where I spent 9 months to the Sofitel and I have no complaints. The rooms are the same size, but the Sofitel furnishings are much higher quality, the bed is a hundred times more comfortable, the restaurant is better, the staff is friendlier and the bath products are L'Occitane (loves me some Verbena). The front desk and valet staff are aces and know your name within a day or two.

Breakfast in Simon is a good bargain considering they start you off with a complimentary bread basket and small smoothie and their coffee is french press. A good breakfast can be had for $16 which is reasonable for LA. It's a toss up as to whether you should splurge and get a deluxe view room or get the basic room with a view of the Beverly Center (which BTW now looks like someone picked up Rodeo drive and dropped it in the middle of the mall with of all its very high end stores). If you've never been to LA and you plan on spending time in your room to take in the view then do it. Otherwise save the $$$, drive to The Grove and get the same view from the public parking structure.

I'll agree with other reviews that the rooms are getting a bit tired with dirty carpets and some mold spots in the bathroom (specifically in the showers near the floors), but I'm not staying at the Peninsula or Four Seasons so I can make some allowances. If you want that level of hotel then pay for it. I've got 30 hotels in LA that I can stay at all in the price range of the Sofitel and for location and overall quality this is the best choice. I'll be checking in again tomorrow and am looking forward to climbing into that bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and make sure the room has the double opening french doors to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had a fantastic stay here.

Excellent service.

Rooms are spacious, clean, have great views, and the shower is huge. They also have great amenities in the room, like robes and slippers, cotton balls and nail files, and bottles of water.

The restaurant is very good. I ate their twice for breakfast, and ordered room service. They have healthy choices available, with calorie counts. I love that.

Amazing fitness room for a hotel. Nicer than the one I work out at at home!

Great location. In the middle of everything, and easily walkable (in my opinion).

Cab ride was about $60.00 including tip from LAX.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SofitelLA, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for the compliments and kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our signature amenties as well as our fitness center which is one of the largest Hotel Fitness Centers in our area. Thank you for noting our healthy menu choices. We continuously work to implement new standards for our guests and we are committed to providing healthy options through our De-Light menu. My staff and I are truly flattered by your review, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stay at Sofitel anytime I'm in Los Angeles. The staff is fantastic. The rooms are very nice. The location is perfect. Even the food in the restaurant is very good. I highly recommend as I stay no where else in Los Angeles.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As an Accor member it was anticipated that normal discounting on dining would apply. My wife and I dined in house for dinner. On receipt on the bill I presented my Accor Card and was told that the discounts didn't apply for dinner in North America - they did however agree to give me 20% discount on food which they gave to regular dinners. It was indicated that the discount may apply for breakfast so we tried again - no discounting was offered at all.
In the long run it would have be more cost effective not eating in house and that is what I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Silvertim007
DC971
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in August. The hotel is in an excellent location with plenty of eating/shopping options nearby. The rooms were very nice and reasonably roomy, only a shower no bath. The staff were very friendy and the swimming pool an excellent facility to relax at after a day touring. My only critisism was the pool area was too busy with people not staying at the hotel i.e. Spa users, which meant getting a lounger challenging. I would certainly use the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while in LA on business. The hotel has a fantastic location, providing easy access to much of LA. There are a host of restaurants and cafes nearby. My room was on the back of the hotel, meaning I had a great view of the Hollywood hills (and the Hollywood sign off in the distance). The room was average sized. The bed was very soft and comfortable. Unfortunately my room was right next to the elevator, so I got a little hallway noise. The bathroom was fairly large, with a rainfall shower. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel, but I thought the breakfast options were a little limited. The staff was very polite and helpful. Overall the hotel is a little expensive, so it's worth shopping around, but I would have no problems staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Sofitel L.A. for four nights in mid-August while we played tourists. It was my husband's first visit to L.A. and it was a great location as other reviewers have mentioned. Many fine restaurants and breakfast options within walking distance, and a nice (albeit confusing) mall across the street is convenient. Close to Beverly Hills, Farmer's Market/The Grove. Easy to get around despite traffic. Concierge desk was outstanding, staffed with very professional, knowledgeable and patient staff. Bell staff out front very welcoming and cheerful. Able to do early check in upon arrival. Our room was a lovely Opera Suite, very nicely appointed. Room was very clean and housekeeping did a fine job. Two thermostats---one for the bedroom and one for the living area. Shower was very fancy with shower heads for two, hand sprays, plus horizontal jets; overly complicated. Water was too hot most of the time (better than too cold, but...). Air vent in bedroom rattled when a/c kicked on, occasionally disturbing sleep. No outside or hallway noise. Valet (car retrieval) service was convenient and quick. Overall experience was very good and water temp issue and vent noise were the main factors in preventing 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#6 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!