“Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding, outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Rockville, Maryland
“Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding, outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just returned from celebrating our anniversary, my husbands birthday and attending a wedding at this hotel. After reading all of the recent reviews that are so outstanding, I wanted to share my feelings about why I hold this hotel as the true shining Four Seasons "star". Everything aspect of service at this hotel is unique and superlative. When we arrived at the hotel, not one but two people opened the doors of our car and escorted us to the front desk. The staff made it there business to learn our name and we were always addressed by our last name until the day we left. The rooms are magnificent and the bathroom amenities are always replenished. They were not just any amenities-they were Bulgari-again unique and special!!! The beds and linens were like an immediate anesthetic, so comfortable that we fell asleep the minute our heads hit the pillow. The air conditioning in the rooms worked great and always kept the room at the desire temperature. The housekeeping staff were like magicians. I dont know how they knew, but they knew when we left the room and never interrupted us in the evening to do turndown service too early but seemed to know when we left and would do a beautiful turndown service each evening. The concierges can do anything in L.A. I believe they own the city. They were able to get me and my husband reservations at any restaurant with a quick call. At each restaurant, we were treated like royalty and given the best tables and referred to as Four Seasons guests!! We were even given complimentary dessert at several restaurants ordered by the concierges for being guests at the hotel. Now breakfast brings out special delights in my heart!! My husband and I joke though it is not really a joke, that we would fly from Maryland to L.A. just to have breakfast at the Four Seasons and fly right back. Why? Fresh squeezed juices in any combination with any fruit imaginable, whole wheat pancakes with almonds and blueberries that are health oriented, lemon cottage cheese pancakes that are out of this world and all of this in a beautiful outdoor garden that made us feel that we could have been in Bora Bora, Tahiti, or Hawaii. The pool area is surrounded by beautiful trees, flowers and gardens. We not only bathed in the beautiful pool but we were bathed in service by the incredible pool staff. No was not in their vocabulary. In one week, we were delivered fresh cold towels to cool off, frapaccino ice drinks, smoothies and frozen grapes. Not just any frozen grapes but huge frozen grapes on a small four seasons shish kebab stick. The lunches were delightful by the pool. We really enjoyed the guacomole which was authentic and chilled properly. Whenever we visit this hotel, we make sure we are there on Sundays to attend the sunday brunch. This Sunday brunch is what needs to be in the movies. It should win an Emmy, a Grammy and an Oscar. It is the highest calibre of food presentations that are beautifully presented and prepared. The wedding we attended was a story book wedding and we will never forget how delicious the food was. We had short ribs in mushrooms in a filo bouquet that was amazing. We had burata over peaches which was to die for. The service staff were incredible and the only thing they didnt do was put the food on our forks. They kept folding our linen napkins whenever we got up, were willing to bring us anything we wanted and never let our water go less than half. The thing I remember the most is when I told the valet to bring up our car and mentioned where we were going and he went ahead and put it in my GPS. That was service with a capital S. This hotel has it all!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AustinWatkins, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear nurse0722,

In all of the time I have been personally reading and responding to reviews on TripAdvisor I cannot recall a time where I felt so proud and overwhelmed by the words of our guests. You have absolutely embodied the experience we hope to deliver every day and it is thrilling to hear how extensively you felt this.
Any day you want to fly across country for breakfast, we'll have your fresh squeezed juice & frankly, anything else you may desire.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed four nights at this hotel, I stayed at other Four Seasons before and this one is great, just has a few things to improve to go up to 5/5 in my opinion, but I was very pleased overall.

First, the positive.

+ Location, location, location !
+ The pool and outdoor terrace, the beautiful plants everywhere.
+ Friendly service
+ Amazing Gym and Spa facility, Gym is 24hours
+ Good rooms

Tried the Cabana pool restaurant, which was good, and the room service which was quick and delivered warm.

Now the points to improve :

We used the valet the first day, very professional and nice, the following days we parked in the parking ourself. It is a mess ! Old furniture and ustensils everywhere ! Old racks... They should clean it up.
The hot tub needs some cleaning too.

Overall a very nice experience, surprinsingly the hotel felt very casual/laid-back for Beverly Hills, try Culina for dinner if you want to people-watch

Room Tip: Choose the City view instead of the Hills, it is nicer at night when you come back !
1 Thank xoxojet
Dear xoxojet,

Thank you for taking the time to post you review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate anytime our guests share their experience. We are thrilled you had so many positive notes to share about our hotel and the staff. We have also noted your feedback about areas where we can improve.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel!

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love this hotel, I love the rooms, I love the staff, I love the gym, I love the pool. I love the delicious salads in the cabana restaurant and the little snacks in the windows lounge in the evening. I really love the marmalade (yes it's back) and croissants at breakfast with Julios cappuccinos. What else do you want. There is nothing to want its all here.

washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our fourth visit to this hotel and we only want to keep returning more and more. We even extended our stay for three more days. The reason why is that this hotel has everything wonderful rolled into one. The staff bathes each guest in service with no request being too much. The hotel is elegant but the lush tropical plants and flowers add a significant tropical feeling. The rooms are magnificent with wonderful bathroom amenities using Bulgari products. The hotel went through a huge renovation and is stunning. We attended a wedding at the hotel and it was unbelievable. The food presentations were magnificent and the quality of the food was as if the chef had only prepared it for me. I love a delicious breakfast and this hotel over delivers. Juices are fresh squeezed and I chose a peach mango combination which I dream about. There are lemon ricotta pancakes, unusual egg preparations and wonderful pastry delights. There is one crime that a guest would committ and that would be missing the Sunday brunch. This brunch in my opinion is the best in the united states. There are Asian stations, Mexican stations, seafood stations, carved beef stations and more and more and more. The pool area is wonderful. The lounge chairs are very comfortable and the staff pampered us the entire day providing ice water and refilling it regularly, passing cold towels, frozen grapes and mini smoothies and frapaccino type drinks. The concierge staff are highly knowledgeable about restaurants and sightseeing options. What makes this hotel special is the wonderful accomodations coupled with incredible staff friendliness and service, beautiful facilities for special events and a decor that takes away the feeling of being in the city. This hotel is a flagship, the top of the tops!!

1 Thank tarbash
AustinWatkins, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear tabash,

Our team has been thrilled to host you and your wife this past week. We are humbled by your kind words and glowing review of your experience. As you have discovered our best asset is our staff and the service they deliver every day.

We appreciate all of the time you have taken to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back for a fifth stay in the near future!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband, college daughter and I were here for three nights recently, and were more than pleased with our stay at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills. We loved the somewhat secluded neighborhood location, as opposed to the hotels that front the main streets of LA. Just far enough off the beaten path to be somewhat quiet, but still very close to fabulous dining and retail. From the moment we drove up and checked in, the entire staff was wonderfully attentive, as is customary at FS. We did book through our Platinum card, so were treated to an upgraded room which was great. We arrived quite early, so had to wait a bit for the upgrade to made ready, and while waiting, saw 3 A List movie stars in the lobby (there for the premiere of their new movie), so my daughter's trip was made! As for the room, everything was more than satisfactory. The absolute only problem we had was that there were no bed linens for the sleeper sofa, and we had to call twice before they were finally delivered that night. Aside from that, everything about the room was great. We were on the second floor, so our balcony view was not very good, but that was a product of our upgrade--our original room had been on a high floor as requested, but we were willing to give that up for a second bathroom. As for the bathrooms, loved the Bulgari products. Showers were very good, which is a pet peeve of my husband's. He also was happy with the equipment in the open air fitness center, another must on his list. We enjoyed breakfast each morning at the open air restaurant by the pool (forgot the name), which was very pleasant given the fabulous LA weather. Sadly, we did not use the spa or pool, as we had too much planned to take the time. Even though the house car was available, we just ended up using our own car during the trip, and never had much of a wait to get it from the valet. Each time we headed out I got printed directions from the concierge which were very helpful while trying to navigate the streets of LA.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone coming to the area. We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear agmomtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post the lovely review of your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that you, your husband, and daugther had such a great time. We believe we offer somethime for all of our guests and it appears you have found that!

Our Cabana Restaurant is a hidden gem up on the 4th floor by the pool and I am thrilled you were able to experience it.

Please let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Los Angeles as we would love to have you stay with us again.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, and I loved it then, so imagine my surprise when it actually got better! How can it? The staff is simply the best staff of any hotel in the world (and I travel a lot). A concierge who gets the shoes you want and puts them on hold for you in your size and then calls a few times to extend the hold when you are too busy to pick up-piece of cake here. Any reservations any where, any time. They bend over backwards!!!! All of them do. Not one problem here, and I go looking for problems when I am spending my money. Math homework help for my 10 year old from the pool guys who have degrees in finance and economics between towels and food delivery, done with a smile and a real genuine attitude to help out. Simply and utterly unbelievable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear hnya,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so proud of our employees and the experience they deliver for guests. Our Concierge team are especially impressive the way they pull off magic day in and day out.

I will admit when I first heard of our Pool staff helping with your 10 year old's home work, it was a first for me!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and take on more challenging math questions next time!

Warmest regards,

usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I returned again to the Four seasons and although my stay was wonderful,I had a much better experience on my last visit a few months ago.As,always, The Four Seasons is at the top of the luxury chain. On this visit , my room was on a lower floor with a limited and terrible view that greatly impacted my experience.
When I informed the front desk about this,I was told that there was nothing that could be done.I was somewhat disappointed to learn of this fact due to the fact that I am a repeat guest and other friends of mine traveling with me and visiting the same hotel for the first time were upgraded to a much nicer room with a fantastic view.Interesting to note that I convinced my friends to stay here instead of another well known Beverly Hills luxury hotel based upon my experience and stay a few months ago.
The staff ,with particularity at the pool area were exceptional and as always restaurants and bars were sensational.
I love the energy ,buzz and quality of this hotel and love the fact that but for my poor room on this visit ,everything else was top shelf.
It is funny how one small event can impact a stay .When I return to LA next month, I will most likely return to a different hotel where customer loyalty has greater signifiicance

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmreiff
Dear jmreiff,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at our hotel. The compliment and concerns are certainly appreciated. On behalf of the management team I would like to extend my apologies for the disappointing guest room location during this recent trip.

Please know how important customer loyalty is to our hotel and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to demonstrate this. Our management team remains available to you should you wish to discuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 348 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!