“The only one.....”

Ranked #3 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
london
“The only one.....”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love this hotel, I love the rooms, I love the staff, I love the gym, I love the pool. I love the delicious salads in the cabana restaurant and the little snacks in the windows lounge in the evening. I really love the marmalade (yes it's back) and croissants at breakfast with Julios cappuccinos. What else do you want. There is nothing to want its all here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
washington dc
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our fourth visit to this hotel and we only want to keep returning more and more. We even extended our stay for three more days. The reason why is that this hotel has everything wonderful rolled into one. The staff bathes each guest in service with no request being too much. The hotel is elegant but the lush tropical plants and flowers add a significant tropical feeling. The rooms are magnificent with wonderful bathroom amenities using Bulgari products. The hotel went through a huge renovation and is stunning. We attended a wedding at the hotel and it was unbelievable. The food presentations were magnificent and the quality of the food was as if the chef had only prepared it for me. I love a delicious breakfast and this hotel over delivers. Juices are fresh squeezed and I chose a peach mango combination which I dream about. There are lemon ricotta pancakes, unusual egg preparations and wonderful pastry delights. There is one crime that a guest would committ and that would be missing the Sunday brunch. This brunch in my opinion is the best in the united states. There are Asian stations, Mexican stations, seafood stations, carved beef stations and more and more and more. The pool area is wonderful. The lounge chairs are very comfortable and the staff pampered us the entire day providing ice water and refilling it regularly, passing cold towels, frozen grapes and mini smoothies and frapaccino type drinks. The concierge staff are highly knowledgeable about restaurants and sightseeing options. What makes this hotel special is the wonderful accomodations coupled with incredible staff friendliness and service, beautiful facilities for special events and a decor that takes away the feeling of being in the city. This hotel is a flagship, the top of the tops!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tarbash
AustinWatkins, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear tabash,

Our team has been thrilled to host you and your wife this past week. We are humbled by your kind words and glowing review of your experience. As you have discovered our best asset is our staff and the service they deliver every day.

We appreciate all of the time you have taken to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back for a fifth stay in the near future!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband, college daughter and I were here for three nights recently, and were more than pleased with our stay at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills. We loved the somewhat secluded neighborhood location, as opposed to the hotels that front the main streets of LA. Just far enough off the beaten path to be somewhat quiet, but still very close to fabulous dining and retail. From the moment we drove up and checked in, the entire staff was wonderfully attentive, as is customary at FS. We did book through our Platinum card, so were treated to an upgraded room which was great. We arrived quite early, so had to wait a bit for the upgrade to made ready, and while waiting, saw 3 A List movie stars in the lobby (there for the premiere of their new movie), so my daughter's trip was made! As for the room, everything was more than satisfactory. The absolute only problem we had was that there were no bed linens for the sleeper sofa, and we had to call twice before they were finally delivered that night. Aside from that, everything about the room was great. We were on the second floor, so our balcony view was not very good, but that was a product of our upgrade--our original room had been on a high floor as requested, but we were willing to give that up for a second bathroom. As for the bathrooms, loved the Bulgari products. Showers were very good, which is a pet peeve of my husband's. He also was happy with the equipment in the open air fitness center, another must on his list. We enjoyed breakfast each morning at the open air restaurant by the pool (forgot the name), which was very pleasant given the fabulous LA weather. Sadly, we did not use the spa or pool, as we had too much planned to take the time. Even though the house car was available, we just ended up using our own car during the trip, and never had much of a wait to get it from the valet. Each time we headed out I got printed directions from the concierge which were very helpful while trying to navigate the streets of LA.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone coming to the area. We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear agmomtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post the lovely review of your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that you, your husband, and daugther had such a great time. We believe we offer somethime for all of our guests and it appears you have found that!

Our Cabana Restaurant is a hidden gem up on the 4th floor by the pool and I am thrilled you were able to experience it.

Please let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Los Angeles as we would love to have you stay with us again.

London
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, and I loved it then, so imagine my surprise when it actually got better! How can it? The staff is simply the best staff of any hotel in the world (and I travel a lot). A concierge who gets the shoes you want and puts them on hold for you in your size and then calls a few times to extend the hold when you are too busy to pick up-piece of cake here. Any reservations any where, any time. They bend over backwards!!!! All of them do. Not one problem here, and I go looking for problems when I am spending my money. Math homework help for my 10 year old from the pool guys who have degrees in finance and economics between towels and food delivery, done with a smile and a real genuine attitude to help out. Simply and utterly unbelievable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear hnya,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so proud of our employees and the experience they deliver for guests. Our Concierge team are especially impressive the way they pull off magic day in and day out.

I will admit when I first heard of our Pool staff helping with your 10 year old's home work, it was a first for me!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and take on more challenging math questions next time!

Warmest regards,

usa
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I returned again to the Four seasons and although my stay was wonderful,I had a much better experience on my last visit a few months ago.As,always, The Four Seasons is at the top of the luxury chain. On this visit , my room was on a lower floor with a limited and terrible view that greatly impacted my experience.
When I informed the front desk about this,I was told that there was nothing that could be done.I was somewhat disappointed to learn of this fact due to the fact that I am a repeat guest and other friends of mine traveling with me and visiting the same hotel for the first time were upgraded to a much nicer room with a fantastic view.Interesting to note that I convinced my friends to stay here instead of another well known Beverly Hills luxury hotel based upon my experience and stay a few months ago.
The staff ,with particularity at the pool area were exceptional and as always restaurants and bars were sensational.
I love the energy ,buzz and quality of this hotel and love the fact that but for my poor room on this visit ,everything else was top shelf.
It is funny how one small event can impact a stay .When I return to LA next month, I will most likely return to a different hotel where customer loyalty has greater signifiicance

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jmreiff
Dear jmreiff,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at our hotel. The compliment and concerns are certainly appreciated. On behalf of the management team I would like to extend my apologies for the disappointing guest room location during this recent trip.

Please know how important customer loyalty is to our hotel and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to demonstrate this. Our management team remains available to you should you wish to discuss this further.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was the perfect spot for our long weekend. The room was more than adequate for our low-key in-bed movie extravaganza. We lounged by the pool for endless hours. The frozen grapes, brownie bites and iced towels made it difficult to leave. The food service (and service in general) near the pool is fantastic.

The house cars are key. Our drivers were efficient and the source of many a chuckle, and the ride (RR Ghost and S550) PLUSH.

Culina downstairs is fantastic. We tried a lot of nibbles and they did not disappoint. Also make sure to leave room for the gelato. The grapefruit and coconut sorbettos were unforgettable. I might return just for another serving.

It helps that I had the company to make this trip fantastic, but the setting and service definitely contributed to the experience. Stop flip-flopping and just choose the 4S. You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear travelingurl,

It sounds like you had an amazing weekend. Whether it was being served bites poolside or being driven in our Rolls Royce house car - you seemed to have a great time!

Reviews like yours make us want to stay here and try to repeat the experience!

Please let us know if you can make it back this way so we can try to find a way to 'top' your last experience!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you are looking for luxury, without the pomp that other hotels seem to have, this is the placed to be. The rooms are sumptuous, not huge, but large enough that you are very comfortable, small balconies, very modern, newly decorated. The Spa is wonderful, the staff are great, massage is fabulous, and the pool is really first class and child friendly, a definite plus if travelling with children. We could not find casual dining without my husband having to put on long pants other than by the pool, but for us that was great. The food is very very tasy, the room service is fabulous. By far and away the thing that has always been very attractive about this hotel is the staff. They are just great, helpful, warm, efficient and all understated. The location is also great, very centrally located and the concierge service must be the best in the Los Angeles area. I have stayed at this hotel over the last twenty years many times and it just gets better.

Room Tip: The higher up the room, the quieter it will be. Ask for a garden facing room if you don't want...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Debi G,

Thank you for the kind words on Trip Advisor. Your family seemed to truly experience the best of our hotel. We are definitely child friendly and our staff loves catering to them!

You are absolutely right about guest room location. High up the tower facing east will provide views of the Hollywood sign & downtown LA, as well as sunrise. The high floors on the west will provide views of Beverly Hills and beyond with a lovely sunset view.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Los Angeles, we would love to welcome you back to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!