“Tasty pricey and not great for children”
Review of Hungry Cat

Hungry Cat
Reserve with OpenTable
Hungry Cat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #801 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Sunset
Transit: We are 1.5 blocks south of the Metro Red Line.
Description: The Freshest Seafood in Town
london
“Tasty pricey and not great for children”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We went here to celebrate my birthday. We had a delicious meal although we ordered far too much. We struggled to find something for the children but they tucked into the oysters crab lobster and caviar to try it.
Nice place

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Philomath, Oregon
“A “Purr-fect” Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I traveled from the hinterlands of the Inland Empire to visit his son in Los Angeles. Looking for a decent Sunday brunch that didn’t require a new mortgage on the homestead led us to The Hungry Cat.

We parked in the garage suggested on their website and finding the location on foot from the garage was an adventure unto itself. At one point, I felt that I should be leaving breadcrumbs along the way! But, like many adventures, the food was worth the walk!

Hungry Cat is small! Because we didn’t have reservations, we ate outside and service was still outstanding (sometimes when you eat outside you are neglected, but not here). Hubby had the PugBurger – it was fat and juicy and served with wonderful hand-cut fries. Step-son had the house made chorizo and eggs – he even let me have a bite – and it was unlike any chorizo I had ever had. Many times, chorizo is oily and leaves a red grease puddle on the plate. Not here! It was moist, seasoned well without overpowering the taste of the meat, and utterly delicious. I had the hamachi. The server warned me that it was a small plate and he was right. Although beautifully partnered with kumquats, radishes and basil, it was not enough for a complete meal. Hubby graciously offered to share his sizable mountain of fries, so I was content. However, if you don’t have such a willing partner, you might want to consider this an appetizer or order it if you’re not particularly hungry.

Personally, I have no complaints about this restaurant and will definitely go again, but I can see how it could become noisy inside, especially if the place is busy. My suggestion if you find noise annoying: sit outside! There are heaters and you won’t be ignored.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“SeaFood Flavor that Jumps out of You”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Atmosphere to this restaurant really captures how great the food will taste. Came here for lunch with a co-worker of mine to celebrate her birthday. I ordered the tempura fish taco's and boy were they a treat. Came with all sorts of stuff! the tortilla was hand made... BEST fish taco i have even had.

Our waitress was very gracious, and made fantastic suggestions. Anytime I want to celebrate, or treat myself this is the place I will be going to. Loved it

• Visited March 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Hungry Cat a Satisfying Treat”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was in LA to see a show at the Pantages Theater. Hungry Cat is a bit hidden, but a little gem worth finding. The food was very flavorful, plate size perfect for sharing. We ordered one thing at a time, and kept doing that until we could eat no more. We bought the Santa Ynez red wine in Carafe to save a few bucks, and were delighted by the quality.
The decor isn't anything to write home about, but if you have someone lovely sitting across from you to look at, who cares? Food was excellent, service was good. Waiter was knowledgeable about the wine and the courses.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SBproPhotog
Studio City, CA
“Great food -- even at lunchtime”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'd never been to Hungry Cat for lunch until the other day -- and it was fantastic. Service was great -- it was busy but not packed like it normally is at night. The food is simply delicious and beautifully prepared and presented. It's the perfect spot for a nice lovely lunch where you can actually hear each other talk. Can't want to go back.

• Visited January 2013