“fantastic patsy's inn”
Review of The Inn at 657

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
The Inn at 657
Ranked #14 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2006

great breakfast, room, convenient and responsible host

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2006

This bed and breakfast is a great find for someone visiting LA and especially USC or downtown. Advertisement seems to be word-of-mouth and it is frequented by USC parents (among others) who are fortunate enough to know about it. In a delightful neighborhood about 3/4 mile north of USC and not too far from the I-10/I-110 interchange, this lovely estate consists of 2 large adjacent homes, beautiful grounds and off-street parking. Patsy and staff take great care of guests. The food is wonderful. The comfortable surroundings and convenient location make it so easy for me to visit my daughters on campus. It should be almost as convenient for someone with business downtown or a sight-seer who desires a safe central location. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I stayed at the Inn at 657 for four nights for a visit dedicated to explore the Cultural Institutions in downtown LA. The inn is a wonderful change to the chain hotels - isn’t it more fun to be treated like a guest instead of a room number. If that's what you are up for, that is what you'll get. One of the nicest parts of my stay was the effort that Patsy put into making my stay comfortable. I knew this place felt just right, when I read the reviews and talked to Patsy on the phone and I wasn’t not disappointed. Comfortable, welcoming and close to downtown! A subway, or even closer, a bus brings you right there in a couple of minutes.
And the passion? Ask Patsy about her love for cooking and hosting guests. The breakfasts are incredible; enhanced by her personal attention, always beautifully presented, started each day off right. The complimentary wireless internet connection is a welcome amenity not only for business travelers. Personal answers to every question added another positive dimension. Cleanliness, friendliness and comfort are at their best at this Inn, which really is a great home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank operafanrm
Reviewed December 15, 2005

The Inn at 657 really is an oasis in a busy city. I stayed there while visiting USC on business, for which the Inn is very convenient. The rooms are comfortable, with a TV and refrigerator in a common area. The entire Inn is tastefully decorated. Patsy provides a warm welcome and fabulous breakfast. Unlike B&B's that are set up primarily for vacationers, she offers a choice of an early breakfast, for those who need to be somewhere, or a later breakfast, allowing a more leisurely start to the day. There are some decent restaurants nearby and the growing LA public transit system also provides easy access to downtown LA without requiring a car. I'm looking forward to seeing Patsy again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank JoannaInSeattle
Reviewed January 3, 2005

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for a few nights in mid November. My husband had stayed several previous times when business brought him to the area, and has always wanted to take me there. In fact this was my second visit, and it was a real pleasure to see Patsy again. This is a unique, comfortable, charming and convenient way to spend time in LA. It is near USC, Cal Science Center, close to entrances to major roadways and some areas of downtown. Breakfast is delicious and relaxed, something to look forward to each morning. Let's face it, you will need a car for most things, so with parking included, it was fun to feel like we were coming home each night after our adventures around LA, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Malibu, you name it. Patsy has great information and ideas. We will look forward to the next opportunity we have to visit LA and stay with her again. Feels like we have a friend in LA now.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
12  Thank MemeNoho
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed March 30, 2004

The Inn at 657 is not only a quite oasis in the midst of the bustle and activity of downtown Los Angeles but manages to feel like a luxurious stay with friends. This is the result of the hostess, Patsy, who manages to make you feel like an old family friend on your first stay little-own what a return "engagement" feels like.

My first stay I arrived in the early hours of the morning (the inevitable flight delays) and was met by a friendly note inviting me to help myself to the fresh strawberries and champagne in the fridge. It only got better.

I highly recommend this location and look forward to my next trip to Los Angeles for this reason first.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Menlo Park, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2002

We stayed at the inn while visiting USC, the nearby university. The rooms were lovely and spacious, and furnished with antiques that the owner (Patsy) has gathered over the years. The neighborhood is not terrific, but the inn itself has beautiful grounds with nice gardens. Patsy is a fascinating person who told us interesting stories over the hearty breakfast. The other guests were interesting people, too, often visiting the university. Patsy cares about her guests, and one morning even gave us a ride to an appointment when we were short on time.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member