The Inn at 657
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Los Angeles
See available hotels
Casitas Motel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Figueroa(Los Angeles)
Vermont Motel(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bvisiting uscoff street parkingfresh fruitprivate bathconvention centeruniversity of southern californiabed breakfastdowntown laliving roomhardwood floorsgrand central marketdodger stadiuma great place to stayunion stationsanta monicaconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a gem this little place is! Within walking distance of the campus on 23rd Street, there actually is a calm, quiet little sanctuary. A Victorian turn-of-the-century house converted into an inn, with friendly and helpful owners, surrounded by lush gardens where they grow their own mint, oranges, lemons...the rooms were on the small side but very comfortable, and I was really surprised by how QUIET it is. Loved the breakfast - that panna cotta that Patsy makes to go with the fresh fruit (garnished with mint from the garden of course) is out of this world, and you can take the recipe with you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rachelmarilee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our daughter got us tickets for the Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles last week. We needed to find a place to stay, fairly close to the Staple Center right in the heart of Los Angeles. My wife indicated she would like to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. I basically said, "Figure the odds of there being a B&B right off two major interstates, on one of LA's busiest streets (Figueroa)". Well, of all things, we found the perfect B&B: The Inn at 657. Patsy Carter has made an old property into an exceptional find: affordable for the location, excellent breakfast prepared by chef Wayne; extremely comfortable room and bed; an island of tranquility in a chaotic city. Patsy is a most gracious host, and her service, both by phone, email, and in person, is fast and efficient. What a great place to spend time. Excellent restaurants nearby and the campus of Mt. St. Mary's College, right across the street, is a sublime and historic location with a first class dining hall, open to the public. Stay at the Inn at 657. You will be transported to a different world!

Room Tip: A suite is excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Peter H
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The last time I visited L.A. was 15 years ago when I had a two week project at the Convention Center. I was a guest of the The Inn for those two weeks and have fond memories of my stay. When another project brought me back to the LACC, The Inn at 657 was the first place I thought about. I remembered an affordable, peaceful little haven in an eclectic urban neighborhood and was happy to see that is still true. My stay, though shorter this time around, was terrific. The accommodations were spotless, comfortable and homey. Wayne conjured up magic in the kitchen each morning with substantial breakfasts along with interesting conversation and I very much enjoyed renewing my acquaintance with Patsy, the owner. I cannot say enough about The Inn at 657 and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SidecarHank
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found this Inn by googling around my destination, the Nokia Theatre in downtown LA. This turn out to be the idea place to stay. It was about 1.5 miles from my destination which was an easy walk. It is very convenient to Nokia and the Staples Center along with the USC campus.

Patsy did everything to make the stay comfortable including giving me the closest room due to my late arrival. Wayne's breakfasts are only surpassed by his excellent company while serving them

If I ever return to the downtown LA area, this will be where I stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much for proving us an amazing stay at LA!

This b&b is the right choice for you, the room and all the facilities are always spotlessly clean, the owners are the kindest people ever, always smiling to us!

Friendly, helpful, clean, comfortable ans well connected with the main attractions!!

Excellent choice!