“Great B and B in downtown Los Angeles”
Review of The Inn at 657

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
The Inn at 657
Ranked #13 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great B and B in downtown Los Angeles”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A colleague and I stayed here for a 4 day conference in April, and everyone we spoke to were jealous that we made such an inspired choice. They were all staying in soulless, expensive hotels, and we were staying in a cozy, friendly and inexpensive (by comparison) B and B. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. It was extremely convenient, the price was great, the rooms were comfortable and clean and charming. But most importantly, the owner and staff were wonderful, and the breakfasts were AMAZING! Homemade, gourmet and great choices (started with homemade panna cotta and fresh berries!), we didn't need lunch later. It was a reasonable walk to the conference centre (15 minutes) and we felt safe. If you are attending a conference, do yourself a favour and stay here! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street and one morning heard the garbage truck. Get a room at the back of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Susan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a gem this little place is! Within walking distance of the campus on 23rd Street, there actually is a calm, quiet little sanctuary. A Victorian turn-of-the-century house converted into an inn, with friendly and helpful owners, surrounded by lush gardens where they grow their own mint, oranges, lemons...the rooms were on the small side but very comfortable, and I was really surprised by how QUIET it is. Loved the breakfast - that panna cotta that Patsy makes to go with the fresh fruit (garnished with mint from the garden of course) is out of this world, and you can take the recipe with you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rachelmarilee
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our daughter got us tickets for the Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles last week. We needed to find a place to stay, fairly close to the Staple Center right in the heart of Los Angeles. My wife indicated she would like to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. I basically said, "Figure the odds of there being a B&B right off two major interstates, on one of LA's busiest streets (Figueroa)". Well, of all things, we found the perfect B&B: The Inn at 657. Patsy Carter has made an old property into an exceptional find: affordable for the location, excellent breakfast prepared by chef Wayne; extremely comfortable room and bed; an island of tranquility in a chaotic city. Patsy is a most gracious host, and her service, both by phone, email, and in person, is fast and efficient. What a great place to spend time. Excellent restaurants nearby and the campus of Mt. St. Mary's College, right across the street, is a sublime and historic location with a first class dining hall, open to the public. Stay at the Inn at 657. You will be transported to a different world!

Room Tip: A suite is excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter H
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The last time I visited L.A. was 15 years ago when I had a two week project at the Convention Center. I was a guest of the The Inn for those two weeks and have fond memories of my stay. When another project brought me back to the LACC, The Inn at 657 was the first place I thought about. I remembered an affordable, peaceful little haven in an eclectic urban neighborhood and was happy to see that is still true. My stay, though shorter this time around, was terrific. The accommodations were spotless, comfortable and homey. Wayne conjured up magic in the kitchen each morning with substantial breakfasts along with interesting conversation and I very much enjoyed renewing my acquaintance with Patsy, the owner. I cannot say enough about The Inn at 657 and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SidecarHank
West Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found this Inn by googling around my destination, the Nokia Theatre in downtown LA. This turn out to be the idea place to stay. It was about 1.5 miles from my destination which was an easy walk. It is very convenient to Nokia and the Staples Center along with the USC campus.

Patsy did everything to make the stay comfortable including giving me the closest room due to my late arrival. Wayne's breakfasts are only surpassed by his excellent company while serving them

If I ever return to the downtown LA area, this will be where I stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much for proving us an amazing stay at LA!

This b&b is the right choice for you, the room and all the facilities are always spotlessly clean, the owners are the kindest people ever, always smiling to us!

Friendly, helpful, clean, comfortable ans well connected with the main attractions!!

Excellent choice!

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kasiasmutniak
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The sense of peace that descends is palpable as soon as you step out of your car in the courtyard behind the hedges. From the aroma of the blooms in the garden to the genuine welcome from Patsy, our hostess, this oasis in the middle of urban LA is a pleasure. Accommodations are homey and comfortable, and breakfasts are a complete delight, not only because Wayne and Bobby lay out wonderful spreads, but also because they can be counted on to guide lively conversation. Convenient to USC and downtown, the Inn at 657 is a charming alternative to traditional hotel accommodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family