“What an Experience!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Citrus
Description: Quinn Hatfield's deft touch in the kitchen shines through on his short but dead-on, market-fresh menu. Appetizers are playful: Fabulously fleshy charred octopus is offset by a citrus-candied orange rind, and an updated croque madame features fresh hamachi, along with proscuitto, quail egg and out-of-this-world brioche. Main courses are uniformly excellent, be it juicy pan-roasted seabass, meaty duck breast that eats like a steak, and luscious, mint-crusted rack of lamb. For desserts, Karen Hatfield outdoes herself with the molten-centered house specialty chocolate peanut butter truffle cake, which is worth every decadent calorie its name promises.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

For Christmas our children gave us a gift certificate to Hatfield's in Los Angeles. The food was excellent (we ended sharing with each other), the service was excellent, and it was just a joyful evening. This is a great place to eat and I am glad that I had the chance.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Where do I even start? This food was of the finnest quality ingredients, everything was cooked to prefection. The combination of flavors was flawless, I will deffenitely be back to try an updated menu. If they have the earl grey milksake I would recommend this as the perfect way to end the meal. Hope this helps. Best- Riley

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Ok, so I went to a trip around California with my boyfriend, and when we stopped in LA, we had this idea of finding a very good place to have dinner. The first option was going to another restaurant, but when we found out they did not have available place, I found this restaurant: Hatfield's. I was looking for a good place to eat good californian food, and I saw some good reviews about the place, some photos, and the fact that they had french cuisine as well was another point. The chef is the owner of the place. So we decided for dinner there.

First of all: It was very weird that the place was nearly empty when some of the best restaurants we had called earlier were all full with reservations for the night - thursday night.
When we found our place, the waiter was NOT very nice at all. I guess he thought that for being young customers - I'm 22, my bf 25 - we were not worth so much attention. So he was there really impatient to get the order, not a very nice face at all, when I was trying to decide. That is a very bad posture for a waiter in - supposedly - a good restaurant. Next, he brought bread to the table, and he asked if we wanted the normal bread, or cheese bread. Supposedly as well, you cannot just ask that.

Then, I decided for an entree and the main course. My boyfriend thought that the fix price dinner would be a good idea, so he chose that. He never was so wrong. The plates are VERY small for the price. You pay $50 for a small plate with 3 small pieces of meat and puree (to make you full). The meat was not very good, everything was overpriced, and in the end he left the place still hungry. 3 plates of fix priced dinner was really expensive and (as you can see in the photos) nearly nothing. You are not supposed to cook small portions like that, put puree in the main courses (both mine and his plate were with potatoes) to make your customer full. We felt "cheated" for that restaurant, as we thought it would be a very good choice for dinner in LA, but in the end it was $200 for nothing. The fix price menu is a joke. The normal one, is even worse. Only the entree is over $25 and not worth the price. If it was good enough the price wouldnt be a problem.

They don't have good options of dinner neither. If I had problems to decide for something, it was because of the lack of good options. And even with what I chose, it was a very poor dinner for its price. Plus the rude waiter, and the - not very nice - treatment we had, I guess this place was definitely the worst in my trip. Don't be fooled by comments, there are 1 million of better options for fine dining in LA. No wonder the place was empty in a thursday night. I will never return there.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Okay it was one of the best food I've ever had in L.A, I loved everything I had, it was very well made, no complaint. However is it is a friend trip, I don't recommend it because the clientele was a little bit older, so you can end up feeling uncomfortable.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I love a leisurely dinner, but there is a difference between leisurely and slow. This place is just plain slow. The table next to us complained several times about it. The food is good, but forgettable. The design is uninspired. Not worth the cost. There are infinitely better choices for fine dining in LA.