“Eat on the Patio”

Ranked #467 of 10,744 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed October 1, 2012

So peaceful on the patio. Get there early. We ate there on a Sunday morning got there before nine, only a few tables were occupied. As we ordered & waited for our food the tables became full & no room was left by the time we got our food. The service was great & coffee excellent. My food was great. We will go there again for breakfast.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went for breakfast on the way out of town. This place is charming and I love the eco-conscience style of the place. The food was good, not exceptional but plain and good. Skip the grits if you're a southerner

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stopped in for brunch and were pleasantly surprised. The pancakes were light and fluffy, the caramelized apple topping was a perfect addition. The skillet omelet was also very tasty. The entire meal was very good and "clean", not the average greasy, unhealthy brunch food. You gotta try it!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

They had a great menu with amazing breakfast items that you will have to try on your own to appreciate. I had the Chorizo and eggs and they have great coffee that the waitress was very attentive and always made sure our cups were filled. It was a good experience sitting on the patio eating breakfast with friends..

Reviewed November 1, 2011

In L.A. we're always looking for that one great breakfast place. For some reason, it's not that easy to find that best breakfast place. I was recently taken to breakfast by a colleague to Square One Dining. When I got there, there was a 20-25 minute wait, and I wished we'd just gone to a breakfast place where seating was quick and just call it a day. Well, after eating there, I can tell you, it's worth the wait. The reason why the wait is long is becuase the breakfast is that good, so good it draws a steadily increasing loyal clientele. The indoor area of the restaurant is very attractive but cramped. But if you opt for outside, there is a spacious pation where there's tons of space between you and the next table. I guarantee you, you will never eat better French toast anywhere else. I'm not even such a big fan of French toast. Most times I eat french toast it's ovelry spongy or dry or just boring. The French toast here is like eating a dessert from the Cordon Bleu of Paris. It is sinfully delicious and melts in your mouth. You can have the most tasty fresh, hand-whipped whipped cream on top with other choices including candied pecans and/dor poached peaches. Dee-licious. I am not a vegetarian and my breakfast mate ordered eggs benedict that sat on a portobello mushroom. Didn't sound too tempting to me, I took a bite, I could not believe how yummy it was. Our waiter recommended we order the grits with cheese and bacon Sounded awful to me. But there was something about the waiter that instilled trust in me. I gotta tell you, if you're not watching your calories, you must absolutely try the grits with bacon and cheese. The bacon on it was unlike any I've had, insanely thick and bursting with flavor. How do I even explain how incredible the grits with cheese and bacon was. It was sinful. I have been back to this restaurant numerous times now, everything is amazingly tasty and has that taste of being handmade and made by a brilliant chef with locally grown items. They also let me make an omellete once that was a variation of two omelettes, asapargus with goat cheese, basil, and roasted tomatoes. Also dee-licious. Breads are superb as is the coffee. I've now tried everything on the menu. Only item didn't love was the benedict over a fried potato cake, it wasn't bad but the fried potato cake just didn't quite go with the benedict. Have the french toast, any benedict but the one on fried potato, create the omelette with goat cheese and asparagus and I promise you that you will go back over and over again. Really the most yummy breakfast tastes in town. Beyond worth the wait.

1  Thank Hgood1