“Amazing Tacos!! ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Guys!!! Let me start of by saying these are some of the best tacos I’ve had in my life!!
Me and my wife had heard about this place and had always wanted to go. It did not disappoint AT ALL!! We had the sampler platter and the horchata and it was BOMB!!
All the guisados are just like mom used to make, and the handmade tortillas set it off!! There’s not many places that make the handmade tortillas and it is a great touch!!
The bistec was my favorite, although it was very hard to choose from, the mole and tinga were also exceptional!! The horchata was hands down the best in town!!Guisados is going to be a must for us every time we’re in L.A!!! Thank you guys for an amazing experience!!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed December 13, 2018

Tasty tacos, good variety, quick service, pleasant staff. In a great location with other shops including a wine bar, gelato, etc.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I am not Mexico, but I lived in Mexico City for a few years and my wife is born and raised in Mexico City. Everyone goes on and on about the "great" Mexico food in LA. My wife and I are, for the most part, not terribly impressed.
"Guisado" is basically anything that is prepared in a liquid (sort of like a stew but not really). So this place (and the other locations" serve "tacos de guisado". And they are terrific! Good tortillas made in house and really great home style guisados. Definitely one of the better taco places that isn't a truck or deep in East LA. I've also been to the location in West Hollywood and it was equally good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I think ambience matches with the cuisine served. They have options of veggie and meat tacos. We tried their chilli, chicken and veggie taco and I liked their chicken taco because of their mole sauce. All the tacos were nice however nothing exceptional.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018

This is a nice little restaurant with a limited menu and a great view of the street. I had the taco platter for $7.50 with chicken, pork, and beef. They were incredibly filling and tasty. The sauce was nice and spicy, a welcome change from most bland taco seasoning. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2018