“Beautiful ambiance, great persian food and very good service”
Review of Farsi Cafe

Farsi Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Farsi Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,175 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I am Persian and very picky about authentic Persian food. This place is my favorite in LA (which has tons of options!). It is very clean, modern and has a romantic setting. It has a wide selection of Persian food at very good prices. The salmon, koobideh, house salad, masto khiar (yogurt and cucumbers), zeresht polo, ash (soup) are among my favorites. It is very suprising to me that it is not better known in Westwood -- it should be the top Persian restaurant there. Should definitely try!

4  Thank verypicky_11
There are newer reviews for Farsi Cafe

Reviewed December 28, 2009

I've tried about 4 or 5 Perisan restaurants in the past, and each experience left me unmoved. I considered Persian food to be just ok, or not for me.

Baran changed my opinion. The service was warm from start to finish, and each dish we tried was an eye opening expereince. We started with Tah Dig, a crunchy fried rice base, topped with our choice of stew. My Persian friend chose the stews, I can't remember what they were, but I had a hard time deciding which was better, they were both so good. The crunchy texture of the rice took a little getting used to, but the overall effect was very good.

For an entree I ordered Soltani Kabob which included a skewer each (but without the skewer) of filet mignon and seasoned ground beef, both of which were excellent. My companions also gave high ratings to what they ordered.

Deserts were ok, one was deep fried balls of dough soaked in syrup- too sweet for my liking, and baklava which was OK.

Dining at Baran was a great experience, and I will return at the first opportunity.

3  Thank Livetowander