“Our home away from Home!”
Review of Los Feliz Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Lodge
Ranked #16 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I almost don't want to write a review because I want to keep this place a secret! My husband and I were looking for a place to stay in this area because it is close to where our daughter lives.The hotels in this area are not an option as they are not good quality.I found Los Feliz lodge searching in her zip code.We have stayed twice now each time for a week.Jacob is very helpful with info and getting you what you need. The street parking and secure gate and entrance are wonderful features.The neighborhood is exactly that and very safe.Everything is within walking distance or just a short drive to Vermont St. and Hillhurst which is a great area with amazing restaurants,shops and The Alcove where you sometimes see people reading scripts! It's in Los Feliz where many celebs live so you might see someone famous at a cafe!You must eat at House of Pies for home cooked food and the experience!The casita's are so funky,cute and clean!I love the decorating and sustainable materials that were used.It's very eco-friendly!You have a fully equipt kitchen with pots and pans and coffee maker,linens,etc.There is a flat screen T.V. in the bedroom and books and games in the living room.We had french doors which opened for a great view and fresh air if you don't want to use the air conditioning.The casita's feel so homey and cozy! The garden walkway is so pretty also.We have never been disappointed and will stay here in the future when we visit our daughter!

Room Tip: The website has very good pictures of each casita so you can choose the one for you!We had a corner...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Gail F
There are newer reviews for Los Feliz Lodge

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at Los Feliz Lodge with my partner during a whistlestop tour of the West Coast. It was my first time in LA and I had no idea what to expect so after days of trawling hotel deals with nothing standing out, we decided to opt for self-catering accommodation and found some great reviews for LFL here on Tripadvisor.

On this occasion we really weren't disappointed! The lodge is beautiful and charmingly decorated, a peaceful oasis just moments away from some of the city's biggest attractions. The guys who own the lodge are enormously friendly and could not have been more helpful or attentive (even with one man down as the usual owner was away on holiday). Our only regret was that we could not have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank absinthecity
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A friend from out of town stayed here recently and it was clearly a perfect experience. A super nice and roomy hardwood floored apartment with views of Griffith Park, this is a nice alternative to a traditional hotel. A reasonably priced and very large apartment complete with kitchen, living room, and bedroom. The place is tastefully furnished and decorated with quirky art and colorful paint on the walls. It creates a homey atmosphere that you can't replicate in a standard hotel room. I'd recommend this spot to anyone staying in my neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Seth G
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed in the Green Casita for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. Los Feliz is perfect if you want to get away from the more touristy side of LA and relax in quiet palm-lined streets. (the lodge's own little courtyard was very sweet).

I found it a great base for visiting Universal, and for taking a trip up to Frank Lloyd Wright's two local houses.

Jacob was extremely helpful and friendly. And you couldn't have asked for a more comprehensive guide to the local area. He recommended a great coffee shop in nearby Silverlake: 'Intelligentsia' and a lovely french restaurant. Both were very nice and made us feel like we were living like locals.

I'd visit every year if I could!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Formica79
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I can't say enough good things about The Los Feliz Lodge. What a wonderful contrast to the typical hotel experience. Our apartment was spanking clean, cheerfully decorated, well equipped and had a great view of the sunny neighborhood. Jacob Jurado welcomed us warmly, provided additional towels upon request but was respectfully unobtrusive. The property is well maintained. A guest book provides all the information you need to explore the neighborhood. Instructions on how to use the air conditioner, heat and TV are illustrated with photographs to help figure out operations. I especially liked the coffee page telling guests where to go to get coffee fast, Starbucks, a Good Cup of Coffee and place to have coffee and hang out. You bet the next time I am in LA I will be staying at the Los Feliz Lodge!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jschreib11
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week in February in the Red Casita. Was a great location away from the hype of Hollywood and within walking distance of many cafes and restaraunts. It was also a short walk to the Red line underground train which could take you to Hollywood or Union Station. Nice apartments but there is a big difference between Retro and old and renovated. Lots of light coming into the bedroom at night made it hard to sleep. It would be nice to have better curtains to block out some light. My other concerns were heating. We were there in winter and had trouble getting heating working and on most mornings and nights it just did not work. Would also suggest a full size ironing board rather than a small benchtop one which is as good as useless.

Be aware that most taxis and shuttle services have difficulty finding it even though you tell them it is on the corner of Sunset Drive and not Sunset Boulevard.

Overall a good place to stay in a good location, some very small changes would make this an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Harrycarroll
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for a
week in January and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

We lived in the "Red Casita" - a gorgeous little apartment with everything we needed (and more) in order to feel at home during our vacation. It's situated in a quiet little neighbourhood but within a short walking distance to all the great little bars, boutiques and restaurants Hillhurst & Vermont have to offer. The owners have thoughtfully placed a handbook of useful information on the area, telephone numbers, flyers & recommendations for restaurants etc in the apartment which we made full use of. We also loved the free wi-fi.

The gorgeous Vista Theatre is a couple of blocks away and the Sunset/Vermont metro station is a mere 5 blocks which makes getting to the rest of Los Angeles very easy. In addition to this, there's tons of buses that run regularly (and quickly) to places like The Glendale Galleria & The Grove.

This was the first time we've visited Los Angeles and NOT stayed in a hotel - we loved the independence of having our own apartment and felt very safe & secure. We will return for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012