“We had the BEST time at The Los Feliz Lodge!!!”
Review of Los Feliz Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Lodge
Ranked #15 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
orange county, ca
“We had the BEST time at The Los Feliz Lodge!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I ventured up tp LA to see a couple concerts. My first thing to rave about is Jacob. I don't know if he's the owner or manager but he's who I booked the room with. I let him know we were coming up to go to concerts and inquired about taxi's. Within an hour of getting off the phone with him, I recieved an email with a map and 2 different ways to get to our concerts besides taxi's. I couldn't believe it! He had it all mapped out for us! Once we arrived, after we got a little lost :), we were totally stoked when we got into our little apartment. It's very cleanly and simply decorated. We were delighted to find a little painting inside the cupboard, when we reached for the coffee. We both agreed we could easily live there. We stayed 2 nights/3 days and it was very quiet, we both like afternoon naps. We hung out on the patio one evening for a beautiful sunset. We're both completely unfamiliar with LA, but no problem, we went through the 3 ring binder in the room to find out where we should go. It was like having a friend there to recommend places to eat etc... And their suggestions did not disappoint. We had the best cup of coffee at Intelligentsia and the best breakfast at Millie's. I highly recommend this lodge and will absolutely being staying there again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Casita and it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank scshello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NYC
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at this lovely Lodge for a month about four years ago. Liz was very kind to me. She really made it seem like home. I would definitely recommend anyone to come here as an alternative to a big name hotel. It was peaceful, quiet and I loved that I could walk into town. Coming from NYC, it was nice not to need a car.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 20, 2011

After one horribly creepy night at The Hollywood Hotel, The Los Feliz Lodge felt like heaven! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Green Casita and loved it. It was perfect for us-- right in Los Feliz, a really cute area, nice bed, great kitchen, clean bathroom, cute living room-- it felt like we lived in our own bungalow in LA. The owner is laid back and nice, the neighborhood is quiet, cute restaurants and shops are just a few blocks away. The place is decorated in a unique and eco-friendly way-- it looks just like the pictures on the website. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Arrived after dark on a weeknight and got in without any issues. Went about a mile to Hillhurst Ave and there are several quaint and very good restaurants. Spent the morning walking around the neighborhood enjoying the architecture. The room (really a small apartment-- The Blue Casita) was very tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. I didn't use the kitchen but it appeared to be in good working order. Loved that the bathroom had been kept historically correct but very clean, and also liked having the windows open. Felt like I was visiting a friend's apartment. Excellent recommendations in the info book provided by the owners/management.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We saw the photos and reviews on line and thought the place looked wonderful. However, we were given one of the two units in the building on the corner (1503) which are apparently in much poorer shape. Tired old bathroom fixtures, torn upholstery, curtains that don't cover windows, horrible paint job (both in quality and in taste), quite ugly (not cool kitschy) taste in decorating, and general signs of neglect. Even the teakettle was long past safe usage. Were promised an air bed in the living room but owners forgot and then just dumped it with a separate pump and wrong-size sheets balled up in a bag for us to sort out. All in all, quite misleading advertising--bait and switch. Very disappointing!!

Room Tip: Funky is not always artsy or welcome.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank ophelia1953
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed in the Red Casita for three nights. We wanted to stay at a place that was affordable, fun/cool/cute etc. close to my best friend's house, and was located in the Los Feliz/Silverlake neighborhoods as we are thinking of moving to the area. Los Feliz Lodge met- and exceeded- all of our criteria! Its basically a hip little 1920's bungalow apt. nestled in the small gated cluster that is the lodge. The Red Casita is light-filled and adorable, with a lovely view of the neighborhood and a full kitchen (with a dishwasher!). The lodge is very eco-concious, using earth friendly cleaning products, bamboo fiber textiles, and recycling bins in the kitchen. GREAT location, quite close to Silverlake shops, restaurants, and bars. My only complaint was that the bathroom was a little bit moldy, and I think it was because of this that the towels smelled of mold as soon as they were wet. Was it something that would keep me from staying here again? Absolutely not! Wonderful place to stay and hope to again on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beaute_du_voyage
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The Los Feliz Lodge is a delightful, small inn conveniently located in the heart of Los Angeles, in a quiet area between the bright lights of downtown and Hollywood. We had the pleasure of staying in the Red Casita, a wonderfully furnished small apartment with views of both the quaint courtyard and the surrounding hills. Our casita had a small kitchen, a separate bedroom with a big, comfortable bed, and a nice patio that was great for sipping coffee in the morning. And, while parking is only available on the street, we did not have any problems finding a place to park our car at all hours of the day and night.

The owners of the Los Feliz Lodge have put together a nice guide for the surrounding neighborhood, with recommendations for many restaurants, coffee shops, and even bookstores and shopping that help to make this area unique. While we didn't have time to enjoy many of these establishments, this personal touch was greatly appreciated and would be helpful for a longer stay.

In our short time at the Los Feliz Lodge, we found this establishment to be a charming, beautiful place to stay. It's a must for people who would rather have a quiet, unique lodging experience instead of staying in the heart of LA's hustle and bustle.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple