“be careful which unit you're given”
Review of Los Feliz Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Lodge
Ranked #17 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We saw the photos and reviews on line and thought the place looked wonderful. However, we were given one of the two units in the building on the corner (1503) which are apparently in much poorer shape. Tired old bathroom fixtures, torn upholstery, curtains that don't cover windows, horrible paint job (both in quality and in taste), quite ugly (not cool kitschy) taste in decorating, and general signs of neglect. Even the teakettle was long past safe usage. Were promised an air bed in the living room but owners forgot and then just dumped it with a separate pump and wrong-size sheets balled up in a bag for us to sort out. All in all, quite misleading advertising--bait and switch. Very disappointing!!

Room Tip: Funky is not always artsy or welcome.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank ophelia1953

Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed in the Red Casita for three nights. We wanted to stay at a place that was affordable, fun/cool/cute etc. close to my best friend's house, and was located in the Los Feliz/Silverlake neighborhoods as we are thinking of moving to the area. Los Feliz Lodge met- and exceeded- all of our criteria! Its basically a hip little 1920's bungalow apt. nestled in the small gated cluster that is the lodge. The Red Casita is light-filled and adorable, with a lovely view of the neighborhood and a full kitchen (with a dishwasher!). The lodge is very eco-concious, using earth friendly cleaning products, bamboo fiber textiles, and recycling bins in the kitchen. GREAT location, quite close to Silverlake shops, restaurants, and bars. My only complaint was that the bathroom was a little bit moldy, and I think it was because of this that the towels smelled of mold as soon as they were wet. Was it something that would keep me from staying here again? Absolutely not! Wonderful place to stay and hope to again on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank beaute_du_voyage
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The Los Feliz Lodge is a delightful, small inn conveniently located in the heart of Los Angeles, in a quiet area between the bright lights of downtown and Hollywood. We had the pleasure of staying in the Red Casita, a wonderfully furnished small apartment with views of both the quaint courtyard and the surrounding hills. Our casita had a small kitchen, a separate bedroom with a big, comfortable bed, and a nice patio that was great for sipping coffee in the morning. And, while parking is only available on the street, we did not have any problems finding a place to park our car at all hours of the day and night.

The owners of the Los Feliz Lodge have put together a nice guide for the surrounding neighborhood, with recommendations for many restaurants, coffee shops, and even bookstores and shopping that help to make this area unique. While we didn't have time to enjoy many of these establishments, this personal touch was greatly appreciated and would be helpful for a longer stay.

In our short time at the Los Feliz Lodge, we found this establishment to be a charming, beautiful place to stay. It's a must for people who would rather have a quiet, unique lodging experience instead of staying in the heart of LA's hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The lodge is a very clean and tidy one bedroom house.
The decor is tasteful with a mixed style.
It is well located, and the surroundings are peaceful and residential.
Good privacy as well.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My sister and I were looking for a place close to the Hollywood Bowl since the concerts go late and we didn't want to drive around L.A. at night. This was just right. An interesting bohemian neighborhood that I never saw before. I usually stay in Bev Hills or Santa Monica but I would not hesitate to return here. It felt more like a "home". There was a great notebook of local shops and walks to take- very thoughtful owners who obviously take alot of pride in their lodge. We loved the space, the tidy kitchen,the desk area for our laptop, even a washer/dryer. We woke to birds chirping and had coffee outside next to a lavender bush. This is not your typical LA experience-far better actually.
Watch out for parking tickets. Two mornings/week they clean the streets. A few of us got them due to not reading the signs carefully. We parked on the wrong side one night.
I live in San Diego and thought I knew LA- I was wrong.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We spent two nights at the Los Feliz Lodge when we came to visit our daughters. On previous visits we stayed in Santa Monica and Venice. We decided to try this area of LA, which is close by one of our girls. We stayed in the Green Casita, which was charming - clean, comfortable and quiet. I liked having the separate sitting area for when the kids came in, and it was great having a kitchen. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

It was fabulous! A great view, tucked away from the busy city feel. I felt at home and carefree. My own bedroom inside my own apartment practically. The buildings don't all touch. A bungalow hotel! Totally chick and cute. They only use earth friendly products as to clean. Would recomend it a hundred times over.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends