Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$309
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$765
$309
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$271
$212
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsvan nuysindoor poolfree parkingbreakfast staffuniversal studioscomplimentary breakfasteasy accessconvenient locationla areaclean roomsgreat place to staystudio citywill stay there againthe breakfast arealate at nightexcellent stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2009

This is the nicest Hampton Inn we've stayed at--and we've been at many over the years all over the U.S. Everyone from the manager to the breakfast hostess went out of their way to give my husband and me information and do many extra things for all their guests! Our room was large, nicely appointed, and immaculate. Indoor pool and exercise room, too. The surrounding area was "ok" with easy freeway access and no security problems. Great value, too! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank swkathrs
Hampton_GMVanNuys, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2009

I wish to take this opportunity to first thank the poster for their review and to respond to their comment regarding the security guard. We provide 24 hour security to insure the safety of our guest, and to also help provide that little extra help when necessary, like help with luggage, directions etc. It is very common now a days for hotels to have security in the evenings (over night) to help secure the property as well as to assist the over night crew should a guest need some assistance such as an extra pillow, or other item brought to their room. We do not have any security issues or concerns as our neighbor hood is relativity safe. So, come, rest easy, we'll keep our eyes open so you can sleep peacefully, and should you need something in the middle of the night, we'll deliver it safely and with a smile..

Reviewed December 23, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, which was a last minute reservation made online by my wife when I couldn't drive home due to bad weather. The Hampton Inn website didn't have a photo of the hotel (not usually a good sign!) and my Garmin couldn't find the address but I found it fine and it turned out to be a new hotel and much better than either of us had anticipated at such short notice in the Van Nuys area. Most other hotels were already full!

Being totally unprepared for a night away from home at 4am the next morning I was greeted by a very pleasant and helpful member of staff at the front desk. In addition to the toothbrush I requested, he was also quick to provide me with the latest weather and traffic information. Such good service you rarely find even in a very expensive hotel.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank rickwend
Reviewed November 23, 2008

After recently marrying, my parents who live in Sherman Oaks had a small reception at their house. My new wife and I needed a place to stay. Originally we were going to stay at the Best Western across the street, however, for about the same price we thought it would be better to stay in a newer hotel.

We had a three night stay in the large room with a king sized bed. The bed was super comfortable and the rooms were very clean and of course reflected the newness of the hotel. We were also very delighted with the size of the room.

We arrived very late at night and were given our room. Unfortunately, it was apparent that someone had smoked in the room. The staff was very nice and accommodating when we asked to change our room.

We really enjoyed our three breakfasts. They tasted good and we were allowed to take the food up to our room. In addition, different food was offered each morning.

The one drawback was the pungent odor in the lobby at night. It smelled like sewerage, but it was only in the lobby and only at night. So we held our noses on entering the elevator and then everything was fine.

Now that I will occasionally be visiting my parents with my wife and future children, I need an inexpensive hotel to stay at. This will be our hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hobo6

Yes...there was a strange, reoccurring odor in our lobby. As we had just recently opened and we were experiencing the usual occasional problems you would expect with a brand new building. It took some detective work, but we are happy to report we found the cause of the problem and it has long since been corrected.

Reviewed September 13, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this Hampton Inn. Everything about it was very, VERY nice.

The hotel is a few months old -- very nice and clean. The 2 Queen room is small, but fine. (I'm not sure if it would work for more than 2 people ... perhaps a suite.) We were on the top, 4th floor. It couldn't have been quieter. Nice flat screen TV. We enjoyed the coffee always available in the lobby, which is a lovely area. The towels were thick and large and the sheets crisp and fresh. The beds were excellent, as was the shower. Our room didn't have a refrigerator so they brought us a nice big one, on request. Very sweet people at all times and all shifts. I wish I had gotten the names of a two very special people who helped us!

We picked this location because, for a reasonable rate, we could get to the Getty Museum and other sites quickly and easily, and even took non freeway routes during high traffic times, to Hollywood, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone who has a car.

There aren't good places to eat in the immediate area, but for a short drive you can go to Ventura Blvd. and there are almost TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES! And we also visited our favorite deli in LA ... Brent's in Northridge! (That's why we needed the refrigerator!)

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Sooz2
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My adult son and I stayed at this hotel for eight nights as we played tourist around the Los Angeles area. We were completely delighted and pleased with the hotel and service. The rooms have great wireless internet service, and large flat screen TV's. Our room had two queen size beds that were exceptionally comfortable. Lots of pillows of various firmness allowed for getting one just right. The bedding was comfortable, including the comforter. The room had a wall thermostat that allowed us to set the temprature for the evening and forget it. The bathroom was spotless and large. There was a closet, drawers and a desk. The front desk happily provided me with a razor and shaving cream when I discover I had left mine at home. The room was quiet, even though the hotel seemed full. There is a front lobby when you enter, but then each floor has a large open seating area with couches and chairs. We found parking no issue. There is an entrance / exit ramp to the 405 within 1/4 of a mile. Although the general neighborhood is not upscale rather middle class, it felt very safe, and it was very convient for us. Although we often skipped the interstates opting for the surface streets, we found it easy to get to Hollywood, Santa Monica, LAX, Dodger Stadium, Staples Center and even Westwood. Now all these places were between 20 minutes or an hour away, but for me this spoke to the central aspect of the location. We also had a fair hotel rate of between $112-$120 / night. The breakfast was good, typical of the hot continetal meals offered at Hampton Inns. Overall the hotel is very clean and new.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sails_Call