“I felt like Royalty”

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
Ranked #38 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel was immaculate, the staff was professional and congenial at the same time. I had a few special needs and they took care of it very quickly. The breakfast was one of the best of this type breakfast format that I have ever had, and I have been traveling nearly 40 years. I was very tired and needed rest and the hotel was so quiet that it afforded me the rest.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The service was great. Printed out directions for my next destination. Vary helpful with the parking of a large pick up. Food and shopping with in walking distance. Great place for business travel. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bob P
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very secure (card access to the elevator), very helpful & courteous staff. Morning breakfast was delicious, a nice selection for all tastes. The premises were exceptionally clean as was our room, for such a busy hotel. I will definitely stay there again. Parking is tight late at night but a valet takes care of figuring that part out for you and delivers your car to you in the morning...a nice touch! Thank you again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Twelve of my family members and I recently stayed at his hotel for a wedding we were attending in LA. From the moment we were greeted at the front desk by Sirius, till the time we left to go to the airport and wished a safe trip by employees at the complimentary valet service, we could not have been more pleased by the service, cleanliness, friendliness of staff and helpfulness of everyone at this hotel. We hosted a small wedding shower in the lobby of the fourth floor where our room was, and the staff was so patient and accommodating for whatever we needed, from borrowing scissors and tape, to Jun bringing water pitchers and a large trash receptacle. And it was all done with a great big smile. The lady in charge of keeping the breakfast items filled always greeted us with a smile and a "Good Morning", even asking if we were finished or needed anything else before she closed the doors when it was over. Parking wasn't an issue with the valet service offered if their lot was full. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area, I definitely will stay here again if I ever have the opportunity to visit LA again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed for over a week at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Sherman Oaks, CA. From the moment I called for the reservation to checking in at the front desk I was impressed. The staff from top to bottom is very nice, professional, helpful and you can tell they really love their job. The rooms were very nice and it was helpful to have a frig and microwave in the room. My only complaint were the other guests who would leave their rooms at all hour of the day or night and let the door slam behind them. That sound echoing up and down the hall would wake me up every time.
I try to be courteous when I enter or leave my room by gently pulling the door shut, but I seem to be the only one on the floor I was staying. I had to call down to the front desk once because after a business mtg two guests were in the room next to me talking loudly till after 11pm and I could hear every word they said, but the front desk called up to them and one person left and it was quiet again. If I needed to stay in this area, this would be my go to hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back overlook the quiet private parking lot for the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

On business in Van Nuys. Was a little hesitant about the neighborhood, but the hotel was fantastic. Very clean and completely updated decor. Very nice and prompt valet parking so didn't have to walk around at night. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We are at this property and it has been a delightful visit . We are particularly impressed with the staff. From front desk to maids to those folks providing breakfast ... Every one of them have been courteous and friendly and accommodating . The breakfast was hot (or cold) and very good. If the parking lot is full they have courtesy valet. The room is clean and beds and pillows are just right. A real nice property and real nice people. We recommend it .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple