Our experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites L.A./Sherman Oaks was a mixed bag. The good points are: The lobby is very pleasant and the breakfast area is set up so that the items are easy to get to, etc. Not many tables, but the lobby seating is incorporated with low tables, so that space is functional. They also have stools at a breakfast bar. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Very lovely. We especially liked the big, curved desk and comfortable office chair. Perfect for a business traveler. They provide a nice charging device on the nightstand, so no shortage of plugs! Love the big counter in the bathroom, and 2 dressers in the room is a plus. Comfortable beds. Clean room, and, for the most part, reasonably quiet. Also, off the elevator, a large sitting area with sofas and chairs for entertaining visitors, rather than sitting in one's room, albeit that area was a bit chilly, so I'm not sure that we would have actually used it. The hotel staff gets an A for their friendly, welcoming attitude. They are definitely there to provide excellent service.
Negative points: The hotel is within yards of a very busy, noisy intersection. Ask for a room in the back! Biggest problem: LIMITED PARKING. If you're not back by 7:00 PM, they put up a barrier, even if there are still spaces available in the back lot, and make you use the valet parking. They say "Just park out front and leave the keys in the car." Well.. perhaps if we had a rental, we wouldn't care so much, but with our own car, no way would we do that, in that neighborhood. Plus, while the valet service is free for hotel guests, I've never used a valet where I didn't feel obligated to tip. So, that is a deal breaker for us. Apparently they are going to build a parking garage in the future, so perhaps in 2015, we would consider going back. A couple of other minor negatives - one of the features that I've always loved about Hampton Inns is the fresh fruit mix they offer at breakfast. This hotel only offered honey dew melon. Ugh. In Southern California, there is NO excuse for not having a nice mix of fresh fruit. Also, the bathtub sounded as though it's going to crack at any moment! I don't know if it's because it's cheap plastic or it wasn't installed correctly, but seriously, it shouldn't make that much noise. But I did appreciate the grab bar. So.. if it weren't for the parking issue, we would return to this hotel, but because they force you to use their valet service, we will not. I did hear some street noise and a couple of planes in the night, but after putting in ear plugs, I slept well. One more thing I would change is that the heat pump is controlled on the wall, and if you just want the fan to run - no heat or cold, but just to have some air circulating, it won't do that. The air that came out when I hit "fan only" was cold, so we had to keep it off, so the air seemed stale. Again.. not a huge deal.. just an observation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has everything you need in order to work, relax and have fun. Free internet, full breakfast and parking plus a heated indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks Hotel Los Angeles
- Hampton Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Van Nuys