Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
  • Beachfront
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$309
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$271
$212
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsvan nuysindoor poolfree parkingbreakfast staffuniversal studioscomplimentary breakfasteasy accessconvenient locationla areaclean roomsgreat place to staystudio citywill stay there againthe breakfast arealate at nightexcellent stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The entire staff was great, the location of the hotel was perfect for what we wanted to do. The parking lot is small, but valet parking was offered by the staff. The room was clean and if I come back to the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Little quirks kept me from really liking this hotel. Yes, the rooms were clean, hotel staff friendly enough, but I would probably not stay here again.

First, we had to be careful about the door lock. It was accidentally left ajar once because we didn't realize how difficult it was to close. A lot of shoving and pulling was required.

The breakfast was awful. Sure, it looked like scrambled eggs, or a muffin, or fruit, but it didn't taste like real food (maybe flavored cardboard). I gave it a chance for a couple of mornings before defecting to the cafe around the corner.

I also did not like the room layout, as the bathroom door sticks out too much into the entrance hall. It should have been a pocket door.

The parking situation is a little ridiculous since there are often more guests than parking spots, but the complimentary valet makes up for it.

In terms of location, there is a Target, Petco, and some food establishments within walking distance (Zankou Chicken is right next door).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Cristian O, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

I would first like to thank you for complimenting us about our staff and room cleanliness. As for the door mechanics it seemed well closing itself but I did notice that if the door is shut with little or no momentum then it tends to stay open.

We take pride in serving our complimentary breakfast everyday because we know that having it really means a lot to our guest who stay with us. This is why on a daily we make sure that the quality of our items are always up to standard.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel does not have a parking lot large enough for the hotel- dangerous and too small- tight with double parked vehicles. We were surprised LA would allow the hotel to be built without enough parking spaces.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Our parking situation may be a little out of balance for the moment and this is why we do offer free valet whenever our lot does get full. At times we have two valets working together because we know the importance of having our guests check in as soon as possible. Our valet is available in the night because this is when our lot gets full. Also, we are aware that because of the lot being full only on sold out nights we will be constructing our parking structure this year and once its complete we know that parking will never be an issue.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn last week, and I have to say I'm shocked this hotel has gotten so many positive reviews. It is, in my opinion, a dump!
The only reason I'm giving two stars is for the staff. They try very hard to be helpful, but if you have little to work with, you can't do much.
Let me start with the room. It was not clean. Carpets were stained and needed a good vacuuming. Bathroom also needed a cleaning and the shower curtain was worn out.
When I initially took a look at the room, I complained and asked for another, but the other room was in worse condition, so we wound up staying in the first room.
What was most annoying, though, was the heavy-duty deodorizer in the room. I asked the housekeeper to stop spraying our room, which she did, but the smell was so overpowering, we left the windows open for the four nights we were there.
As for breakfast, it's a bit dirty and disorganized, and, on one morning, a homeless guy walked in and helped himself to some fruit. Good for him, I guess, but keep in mind the hotel is located in a pretty seedy part of Sherman Oaks.
I give it a thumbs down.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If you're looking for a nice place to stay in Sherman Oaks, I'd look into places closer to the Galleria, such as the Courtyard, which is comparable in price to the Hampton. Westwood is also an option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback regarding your stay. Also, we thank you for giving us a positive review about our staff and our service and we greatly appreciate it. I would like to apologize for not being able to notice the homeless man on time to have him escorted off the premises as well. We would also like to apologize for the stain that was found in the room and we thank you for letting us know so we could get to it right away as it is now clean. After looking into the matter I would like to add that our housekeeping staff is highly trained in making sure that the entire room is clean especially the restroom and beds because we know that a clean room is a room with a perfect bed and restroom with a touch of Febreze.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this wonderful hotel since our family of 5 was visiting Universal Studios. We booked a queen suite and loved all the space we had for our 3 teenagers. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The breakfast was great and really had something for everyone! Valet parking was complimentary and we loved that feature. Great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family