“EXCELLENT STAY”

Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
Ranked #46 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff made us feel at home our entire stay. They offered to print out directions for places of interest. Each morning and evening we were greeted with smiles. Breakfast was good and there was always enough for everyone. Security was great with presence of Jose each night. Hotel had a "homey" feeling and look. Making it a very comfortable place to just sit and relax. I would highly recommend and would definitely return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. There is a Target supermarket within walking distance. There are also several dining choices within walking distance. The only problem is parking when the hotel is full you can use the free valet service. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband, my friend, and I stayed here on a combination vacation and family visit. Gaby at the front desk was extremely personable. My room was ready, but my friend's room was still being cleaned, and Gaby offered to have my friend's key brought to my room when it was ready. As it turned out, I returned to the lobby at the same time the key was ready, and she gave it to me and told me that my friend could come down later when we went to dinner to sign the registration. Every employee that I encountered was friendly, whether I met them in the hall or the elevator or actually had business with them. The hotel was easy to get to from the 405 and there were a couple of convenience stores were close by as well as a Target. We had an early morning flight out of LAX and left the hotel about 5 a.m. We were at LAX, returned our rental car, checked our luggage, and were through security by 6 a.m. The only down side to this hotel is their parking situation. We returned to the hotel by about 9 p.m. every night, so we were able to park, but one night we got just about the last parking space. They allowed you to park along curbs in order to get more cars in the lot. They do have free valet parking if you get in later but since we did not have to use it, I can't comment on whether that works well or not. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. Everything worked well except that the temperature shown on the thermostat seemed to be inaccurate. We were able to keep the temperature comfortable, though. The room and bathroom seemed very clean. The bed was a little soft for me, but the bed linens were nice and there were plenty of pillows Overall, I was very please with this hotel. It is a bit out of the way for doing touristy things, but when traffic was flowing well, it was easy to get to and from everywhere we needed to go.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night while in the LA area for vacation. The staff was terrific and went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and the hotel was convenient to get to from the freeway. It was about a 20 minute drive to the WB Studios for our tour the next morning.

I had some worries about the parking situation, based off previous reviews. However, even though we got in late, the staff made sure we had a parking spot (right out front actually) and it was not a problem at all for us.

Even though parking is tight, we would stay here again based just off the service we received. I have complete confidence they will take care of any parking issues.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robcation
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The rooms were clean. The staff was courteous. And the breakfast was good, busy, but we found a table to eat each of the 4 days we were there. Plus the breakfast is served until 10! This hotel is minutes from the cheesy Hollywood attractions and Universal Studio's, which was are reason for being in the area. However, I will agree the area was a little to a lot sketchy.

Room Tip: we heard zero road noise unlike other guests.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jamie552
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent location close to 405 freeway made it easy to get in & out given the high volume of traffic on LA streets. Free valet parking and breakfast served until 10 am made it an easy decision to pick this hotel which was just a short drive down the freeway to UCLA. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

When you book on line the pictures of all hotels look great, but upon arrival it is sometimes a different story. Not so at this Hampton inn. Courteous staff, clean and quiet accommodations, a great selection of item’s at breakfast, a relaxing lobby, a nice pool and work out area. The room was clean and spacious with linin and towels in like new condition. Over all we were very satisfied with our stay and will stay again when visiting the area. Even if we have to drive a little farther to our activities, staying at this Hampton is worth it. We recommend it highly.