“Surprisingly impressed.”

Ranked #50 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Portland, United States
“Surprisingly impressed.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When you book on line the pictures of all hotels look great, but upon arrival it is sometimes a different story. Not so at this Hampton inn. Courteous staff, clean and quiet accommodations, a great selection of item’s at breakfast, a relaxing lobby, a nice pool and work out area. The room was clean and spacious with linin and towels in like new condition. Over all we were very satisfied with our stay and will stay again when visiting the area. Even if we have to drive a little farther to our activities, staying at this Hampton is worth it. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
San Diego, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were in LA for a Stare Championship Cycling event and stayed at the Hampton Inn. There was good security for our bikes in the parking lot. Staff happily arranged late check-out after our event. Pre-race breakfast had great variety and was quick. All-in-all very good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Seward, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Overall we had a good experience. Like other reviews the parking was tight but we had a space every night. We stayed during the week. Would have liked to have a refrigerator in the room. It was clean. Room was very clean. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Sherman Oaks, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really appreciated the staff when I checked in. I opened the door to my room and was greatly surprized by the size of the room from floor to ceiling. I had a balcony in my room which was very nice especially at night. My bed was extremely comfortable. The pool was nice, a bit cold but it felt so good. When I checked out after a 3 night stay the staff again was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Los Angeles
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in May. Everything one would expect from the Hampton brand, so pretty standard with regard to the facilities and the breakfast. A nice advantage to this property is that it does not back right up against the 405 freeway like the Best Western does, so the quality of the quiet and sleep is better here. A big disadvantage to this property is its parking situation. Its quite simply a zoo. There is a small parking lot available on site. If that is full, a complimentary(in LA no less) valet service is offered. Where the cars go, I did not ask, but their system seemed to be working well. Fortunately I was able to find parking on both nights, so it saved me the issue of dealing with a very busy front desk more than I needed too. Speaking of staff, they were friendly, readily available should any problem or concern arise. The price point can be somewhat high in my opinion, but it will provide a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raff622
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a convenient place to stay if you're visiting from the Valley, it's near to the Sherman Oaks Galleria and, south on Sepulveda, the Getty Center. Street side of the hotel is noisy, due to heavy traffic on the bouevard, suites on back side are pefectly quiet and pleasant. Staff was helpful and patient on our visit, changing us from the front to the back of the building. As other reviewers note, parking can be crampy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Parking lot is small with small spots. I got a scratch from another car even though I was within the lines. We had to move rooms because the room we were in had a TV stuck in Demo mode and the door wouldn't shut. I also was billed more on my credit card for more that what I was quoted over the phone. The construction was also a nuisance since I wasn't told ahead of time about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Josh G
Cristian O, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I would like to apologize for your car getting scratched during your stay I wish it wouldn't have happened. Also, I am going to research and call our cable provider to see why one of our televisions has a demo running while watching television. I can also explain why it seems like we have charged you more for your stay. When we check guests into our hotel our system authorizes credit and debit cards for the full amount plus an additional $25 per day in case if any incidental charges were to be charged to the room. At check out we would then make a payment for the full amount of room and tax and the remaining authorization will be a pending amount that is released from our end and then returned back to the credit or debit card within 3 to 5 business days depending on the bank.

I would also like to add that at this time the hotel is not under construction and that it has not been since the last time that we renovated our lobby which was 9 months ago. In the future when we anticipate renovation or any upgrades to the hotel we will post it on our website like the post that we have added to it a few days ago stating that our pool will be under renovation July 8 to July 19. You can find these type of alerts at the top of the page.