“Central location, friendly staff and great for meeting other travellers”

and 1 more site!
Banana Bungalow Hollywood
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and my friends from England has a great stay at Banana Bungalow, we actually came back three times. It was a very short work to the centre of Hollywood and the famous stars begin right outside. Staff were great, we did a day tour with them and it was money well spent.

There was something different on every night, all for a small donation. Breakfast was good, lots of cereal, fruit and yoghurt. There were pizza nights, movie nights, nights out.

I would return and I recommend this place to anyone travelling on a low budget.

Room Tip: We had a family sized room, much more space and kitchen area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lowennapascoe

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I liked the Banana Bungalow very much! I wouldn't recommend it for families though. It's kind of a party hostel. I didn't try to sleep at night so I don't kow how loud it really is. I slept in a six bed mixed dorm, there weren't any other rooms left by the time we booked. So I guess it's pretty popular. The room was okay (even a TV!), clean but not outstanding. But that's alright, because we didn't spend too much time there! And everyone knows that hostels aren't five star hotels! I can comprehend why they were booked out though. The location is perfect. The Walk Of Fame is close, walking distance. People offer tours to Beverly Hills etc there in case you are not by car. But the hostel does too!!! :) I didn't do it because there was no tour offered on 4th of July.
I also liked that not only the breakfast was included but also a free bbq at night, which was damn good! The staff was always nice and helpful. And actually sooo much fun! They did party along with everone else, so they didn't dissociate themselves. Even the staff comes from all over the world. So you get many different impressions. That's what I like most!
Moreover you don't need to bring any towels or sheets (comfortable, when you have a lot of baggage already anyway!) and they have laundry maschines...
The only bad thing I can say about the hostel is that the internet almost never works at this place, which sucks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is brilliant, staff are friendly, rooms are clean and there are always activities planned at nights.The hostel is on Hollywood Blvd and is so close to all the activities in L.A.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have never stayed at a backpackers place overseas before, and did this on the word from my sister who has stayed with them previously. I did have a private room, and let me tell you it was just what I needed for the 4 days I was in LAX. The location was great, just a short walk to Hollywood, and had public transport options out the front of the hostel. It was secure, fun, vibrant, and also the staff went above and beyond to help with things to do, transport options, and the tours they organised, where professional and in a great price range. The only thing that did bug me, was my room was right infront of the basketball hoop, so when others played basketball at night, it kept banging the door, but that was the only thing that I felt went wrong. It didnt bother me that much, as it didnt happen when I was sleeping. I would use this hostel again, and will be telling my friends about it if they are travelling to LAX.

Room Tip: It is really personal preference, but I do prefer the private rooms. But the share rooms where clean...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Juzzy123
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We were greated with a very warn welcome from Jim on reception, got some information about what was happening at the hostel in the next few days and where everything was.

We were stying in a 6 bedded mixed dorm with a kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen had a the pots and pans you need, a massive fridge and freezer, oven, gas hobs and a microwave. The bathroom had a bath and shower. The rooms get cleaned every day which was nice. Satelite Tv in the room was a nice addition.

The only down side was the common area was in the middle of the rooms so when people were pre drinking before going out, you could hear all the noise, also the basketball hoops were in the same area so that was a bit nosy at night when your trying to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Myself and 4 friends stayed in Banana Bungalow for 2 nights. We were all very impressed and enjoyed our stay here. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, and the free breakfast in the morning, as well as free pizza one night for dinner, was great. Really good location - literally 2 mins away from the stars. Great facilities with a kitchen and bathroom in each room. I would recommend this hostel and would stay here again if I ever return to Los Angeles!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hcmknight
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Banana Bungalow was ideal for our short stay over in L.A. Located very close to the start of the 'Walk of Fame' it allowed for easy access to town and the local attractions. Clean rooms, great spread for breakfast and friendly helpful staff! Recommend to any young travelers looking for location and a clean nights stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends