Su Casa Venice Beach
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$263
$229
$116
$104
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
$289
$202
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshomeless peopleocean frontfig tree restaurantbeach cottagestreet musiciansloved our staycorner suitegreat roomour honeymoonliving roomcomfortable roomsreception staffflat screen tva great stayapartmentkinneyskateboarders
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at Su Casa for several nights as a stopover before flying out of LAX. Venice beach is very convenient for this, as it's so close to the airport. If possible, arrive during the day as a nighttime arrival can be a bit intimidating in this area (the boardwalk has a much different vibe during the day vs. night!). We had booked a 1-bedroom suite, but a toilet overflowed before we arrived so were switched to their several-room cabin. Although this was technically an upgrade (it had a full kitchen and lounge area), I think we would have been happier in the suite - the cabin was in the middle of a much-needed renovation at the time.

The first bedroom we tried (1st one on the right): it was very noisy, especially in the morning, as there was a road and parking area directly outside the window. It was also a bit unnerving that there were gaps to either side of the window coverings so people could see into the room. We asked to switch rooms, and chose the 2nd one on the left: the mattress was horrible and the bed frame creaked noisily. There were also some plumbing issues in the cabin - one sink was clogged and one toilet didn't flush. We also had a couple minor problems with the cleanliness of their towels. The cabin was all tiled, which I love, although the manager said they were going to carpet the bedrooms (unfortunate, in my opinion). The kitchen and living room area was very spacious. The people who worked there were very friendly and helpful. The location was great, right in the center of the boardwalk.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a_wanderer777
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Boardwalk is just steps from the front door and at a nice part of the beach, just what I was looking for. The walls are thin, so noise travels, but no usual LA traffic and sirens noise. I preferred the interesting noise from the Boardwalk. Room had great amount of space, kitchenette was stocked for simple meal preparation. The complimentary breakfast didn't start until 8 AM, and was slow to arrive. I like my coffee earlier. I will stay again, but plan on preparing my own breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MOUNTAINLUPINE
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Most of the below is correct...parking down the Speedway Alley. I think it's a great place, I'm staying here due to damage to my own home less than 1/2 mile away. They take dogs, up to very large ones (unlike most places that allow mini-dogs). Jonathan and the staff were very accommodating...and they did give me a GREAT room, but mentioned that to fit us in they were moving someone coming in today to a different room (see other reviews about reservation issues)....My advise be sure to get in writing your room reservation in advance including room #, and re-confirm one day a head.

Walk up to a max of third floor (2 up). Room 11 on the third floor is to die for...5 large windows facing the beach, with panoramic views of Ocean, Malibu hills, surfers in the early AM, etc...funky very good evening eaterie down the 'boardwalk' called Candle Cafe and Grill - excellent beer selection on tap plus outdoor patio with heaters. Beds, kitchenette, etc all very nice. The AC wall units didn't work by the way...something you rarely need at the beach, but in summer would be a major consideration.

However, at night, if you are uncomfortable around homeless and 'burnt out hippies', then you might not like this place despite all of the above. It is directly across from the Phoenix Rehab house, and there is a lot of noise from the residents hanging around outside smoking and playing their music. A reason why the AC might be nice if you want to shut your windows...quieted down by 11, and I slept with windows open to hear the surf. At night walking our dog along Venice Beach, there are a lot of displaced folks...very friendly/cool, an occasional panhandler, etc, but these folks live here and hang out all over the place. I happen to like this environment, but wanting to paint a full picture...For families, amazing by day, a little 'sketchy' at night.

Room Tip: Room 11, be sure AC works, and get written confirmation of the room assignment in advance
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrugDoc
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked the hotel on 12/05/12 and send an email confirming my reservation after I called to the hotel to verify if they received it. The never answer that email and I supposed that all was ok. When I arrived to L.A. after a 12 hours traveling (from Puerto Rico to Los Angeles) I called the hotel and Johnathan told me that there was a problem with my reservation and they do not have a room for me. Then he ask me if I can wait until he try to solved the problem, and I said that I can and in the meantime I will go to Hollywood and eat something. After a few hours he called back and told me that he was unable to find a room in his property and offered me a room in the Holiday Inn Santa Monica for $200 per night (when the 2 nights in Su Casa Venice was $261) and I said yes because it was almost 11:00pm and I do not have a room to spend the night. He also told me that he will work my case on Saturday and try to find a room. I spend all day sightseeing the the city until he looks for a room. At 5 or 6 o' clock he communicated with me to tell me that he found a place but the room was almost $200 per night but he will include the dinner to compensate for their error. I told him the that price was out of budget because I would have to pay more than $400 for 2 nights instead of the $261. Then I decided to look a room near Hollywood area for less.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carlos R
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We booked two rooms 1) studio 2) one bedroom appartment.
The studio was really small and not recommended for a longer stay in this area. The one bedroomappartment was spacious and light and windows looking out on Ocean Front Walk and the Ocean. You can spend hours here watching people go by.
We had one morning breakfast in the room. The (free) breakfast was not our style of breakfast, the other mornings we made our ownn breakfast in the appartment.
On the pictures the furniture looks nice, but in reality you can see that a lot of guests have visited the rooms and it doesn't look as smart as on the pictures.
You can park nearby and get a discount as a guest from Su Casa. Don't worry about the rehab facility, they don't bother you at all.
For the location I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: For the best experience stay in a one bedroom appartment
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple