“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

After a long trip and finally got through customs, I picked up my bags and activated my US simcard . I gave the hotel a call to organise the shuttle to pick me up. After about 45 minutes I got picked up and arrived at the hotel...Greeted by the lovely Bree, did all the particulars, got my room key and when into my room.

The room although on the small side was very nice for the solo traveler. I like the LED mood light (just remember to switch it off before you go to sleep), I had a view of the city but it's not the best site (go for a view of the airport) and there was a coffee maker in the room as well. The staff were very friendly and I can remember having a chat and a cup of tea with Bree on my final night (because I took a nap when I didn't want to) and then not realising it was 2am and that I had to go to sleep.

For a hotel near the airport it's great for a overnight/2 night stay....I might stay here longer on my next time in LA but I'll need a car to get around or use public transport (I used the bus to get to Santa Monica from the hotel).

All in all...If I do return to LA, I would stay here again

Room Tip: pay the extra money and get a Elevated Room so you get a better view of the city or the airport (I r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello Jason C

Thank you for taking the time to post of review of your stay at Custom Hotel on TripAdvisor. It brought a smile to my face to know that thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again should you r travels bring you back to Los Angeles due in part to a 2am conversation over a cup of tea with our Night Audit Supervisor Bree. We do hope you come back to visit us soon.

Best Regards,

Custom Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room are small but adequately furnished. Nice touch of this amazing network of hotel is in the in the room. Free wifi is good and service friendly.

One of the best hotel in LAX and in nice place of town (taking into account LAX) close to shopping and restaurants.

The only negative things about this hotel is the pool that is way too small and most importantly parking that is charge $20 a day way too much as normally is free at LAX airports. However free street parking is available next street just after Ralf’s

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PalmS0098
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello PalmS0098,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. We're glad to read that your experience at Custom Hotel met your expectations. If there is ever a way we can improve in our service, product or overall operations, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Guest feedback allows us to constantly improve and we couldn't do so without the voice of valued guests like yourself.

We invite you to return to Custom Hotel the next time your business or leisure plans return you to Los Angeles.

Jabbeke, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel is well situated near to the airport. To get to the valet parking you have to drive around the block. There is a very nice swimming pool and lounge area outside with good live music. The lobby is very modern, as is the breakfast area. The room was also ok, just the bathroom was quite basic. Everything was very clean. Further renovation is still necessary. The room was quiet.
The hotel is situated along the hotel shuttle to the hop on hop off buss, so you do not need a car to get to this bus. Venice Beach and Santa Monica are on the next loop of the hop on hop off bus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello IngeJabbeke_Belgium,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor. As you mentioned we are lucky to be situated in a great location near LAX and just a few miles away from several beaches (Santa Monica & Venice) which are easily accessible by public transit. It was great to have you as a guest and we do hope that you come back and join us the next time your travels bring you to the states.

Best Regards,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a mixup with my reservation at my arrival to the Custom Hotel. Oliver, the manger, quickly provided my a new reservation at a better rate and handled the dispute with the travel agent for me! Great customer service and very convenient hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hello AHWhiteside,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Custom Hotel on TripAdvisor. It was great reading that our Assistant Front Office Manager Oliver was able to assist with the mix up you experienced with your reservation and provide the great custom service our guest have come to expect when staying with us. Please do keep us in mind the net time your travels bring you to the LA area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was only at the Custom hotel for quick sleep before an early morning flight but it was a great hotel. The rooms are very large with lots of working space. The bathroom was spotless and a very good size. The bed was so comfortable and the hotel itself was very quiet, which is a lot to say of an airport hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello Monstar5,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Custom on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you consider us the "Best Airport Hotel" and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, although short. Please do come back and stay with us again soon.

Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable (not so huge for 4 people but fine). Staff really kind and helpful. There are some great services, like valet parking, fridge in room, nice swimming pool, free wifi, business room (great to print boarding pass), relax room (with free massage chairs), well equiped vending machine room (microwave), complimentary bus to the airport (which is really close). It takes only 10 minutes to go to Marina del Rey beach and 20 minutes to the Walk of Fame!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Hello, laraq85:

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it helps us to evaluate our product, service and operations. It was great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Custom Hotel the next time your business or leisure plans return you to Los Angeles.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

In some ways this is a really good hotel but is let down in a few areas.

Ive stayed here with my brother, the hotel itself is smart and clean and offers great services like valet parking, the rooms are well kited out, we had a standard room which had a fridge, safe, wifi, alarm clock and radio with a smart bathroom and TV, the beds were very comfy too. The hotel would probably compare to a 4 star hotel in europe if it had a bigger swimming pool. The hotel also has a Ralph's supermarket next door.

Service wise, this hotel is a real let down, the receptionist was rude and arrogant, which is not what you need when you have not slept for 24 hours after 13 hours of flying, the cleaners are rude and even asked if me and my autistic brother were gay lol when I certainly aint, lol.

The pricing off this hotel on the company's website vary's like the stock market, one minute expensive, the next not so expensive, id like to think am paying same price as everybody else.

Compared to the other Hotels in L.A, its not too badly priced but is in a shocking area, miles away from anything , I would recommend using the buses, they are very cheap, like $1.5 dollar to Santa Monica, dont use taxi's, there well expensive just like London and NYC cabs.

This hotel definetly needs a bigger swimming pool lol, the bar is good but drinks could do with been a bit cheaper especially when ya got Ralph's next door :)

Id like to rate this hotel very good but compared to other places ive stayed, ive rated this average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello, Mark_R_1983:

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. It was disappointing to read that your experience feel short of your expectations. Guest feedback is critical to our operations as we use it to improve our product, service and operations. Rest assured, your feedback did not go unnoticed. I have already forwarded your concerns to the appropriate management team members for their review and follow-up.

I do wish that myself or another member of the Leadership Team were made aware of your concerns during your visit so we could have instantly remedied the situation and made you more comfortable during your visit. Nevertheless, we thank you for bringing the concerns to our attention via social media and I wanted to ensure you that we're listening and will work hard to remedy these matters and prevent a re-occurrence.

As evidenced by the many satisfied guests in other reviews on this site, I am confident that your experience was the exception and not the standard. Therefore, I invite you to return to and give us a chance to win you over on your next experience. I am confident we can turn this "ow" into a "WOW" and restore your faith in our product and service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of personal service.