“A perfect spot for me!”

Ranked #137 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Santa Rosa, California
“A perfect spot for me!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I needed to be in LA for an art show and this was a perfect spot for me as a single woman.
Best is when I was so hungry, I got to eat right there with lovely food to nourish myself. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: I had no view and it didn't matter…I wasn't there for that. As a solo I didn't need much...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lizbeth H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for three days for a fun trip with my friend. My friend had the reservation but didn't have her card, so I put the room under my credit card. The next day, my friend put her credit card under the room to fix the issue. At the end of our stay, my friend checkout under her name to double check that they charge the correct credit card. Within two business days my card was charged $730.00. My friend call the O Hotel to fix the issue again. Two business days later they charge my account $589.69. I finally called them to resolve the issue and discovered they charge both my friend and myself $589.69 each. Grand total of $1,179.38. Seriously??!! The front desk didn't know what was going on. The communication at the hotel is horrible. I would never stay in that hotel ever again. The best thing about the hotel is the TV. The bed was not comfortable and the showers had mildew. They serviced our room once and we had to ask for towels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Justin B

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed the first time based on location and price

I would stay again based on service

PROS

1. Service

All the staff and seemed genuinely happy to be working there. Knowledgeable and helpful, especially Chris the concierge

2. Location

Perfect access to everything I needed

CONS

1. Unexpected "resort fee"

I was quite happy to pay $14 a day for Wi-Fi and Golds Gym access

Still, if I had been on a tighter budget, I might've been annoyed when told after check about this extra fee

2. Noise

Ironically, because of the new bar in the basement, the street facing rooms are probably quieter

Every night, I was awoken around 3 AM when the downstairs bar is closed

I think they could offer further discounts on alley side rooms, or at least warn folks

Better yet, give us a free drink coupon so we can join the fun for a nightcap :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TokyoVince
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is my second time staying in LA and I wasn’t keen to stay in downtown again. The O hotel surprised me and showed me that downtown isn’t as scary as people think. We arrived early and we were able to get into our room straight away. We read previous reviews which said the rooms were small but there is plenty of room! The showers are small and they go get water everywhere but that isn’t really an issue. They give you really nice bath products, not your standard soaps.

The hotel itself is actually beautiful and the restaurant is fantastic. The food each morning is perfect if you just want to get some energy before your big day starts. There are a lot of different food options around from the IHOP across the road to stunning roof top restaurants.

We were close to buses and trains and were able to get wherever we needed to go. We got a cab to LAX and it was about $60.

This is a beautiful hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller-Jes
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Positives: location, trendy decor, free gym access to golds gym, good customer service.

Negatives: weird smell, maybe sewer problems, but the entire hotel smelled horrible. At one point their only elevator stopped working. Lastly, no hotel parking. Parking in the garage next door is $20 a day for in/out access.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My stay here was great, It was my first trip to LA and after a 14 hour flight from Australia I arrived at the hotel a lot earlier than check in time, Early Check in was no hassle and super easy. Christopher at the front desk was fantastic and helped with any question I could ask. The room was clean and modern and had everything I needed, the only downside was one night there was a load droning noise that went on for a few hours but after that It got a lot quieter and I didn't hear it again, but the super comfortable bed and pillows make up for that. It was a short walk to walt disney concert hall and getting to hollywood was easy enough. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
South Pole
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When my friend wanted to stay at the O Hotel near Staples Center, I was shocked that I had never heard of it. Apparently there was a relatively recent name/ownership change. It is pretty small (5 floors), nestled between buildings in a pretty busy block. The location could be near perfection for some, which is one of the reasons I feel it is over priced by about 20%. It is 2 blocks from Staples Center, a block from Macys, Ralphs and the Los Angeles Metro and 2 blocks from Target. The rooms are well sound proofed, based on the fact that I had a Flower Street facing room and hardly knew I was on a busy street. Additionally, I heard little activity from rooms on my floor. Speaking of rooms, they are small. The bathrooms are even more unacceptably small. If you're one person, they rooms are fine. Two or more people will be bumping into each other. They are now affiliated with a boutique/small hotel chain frequent guest program called Stash. They are part of a larger network of hotels, but the locations are hit or miss (for example a lot of properties in California, few in Arizona and Georgia). The one area I feel was completely lacking for a hotel in this price point was the aggressive hospitality one would expect from a hotel charging around $200/night. I've recently stayed at The Westin Bonaventure (read revue), and for about the same amount of money as here, I feel the Bonaventure had better rooms (view), guest stay options and definitely better customer service. You expect a hotel with 1,000 rooms (Bonaventure) to miss the mark when it comes to good customer service and a smaller property to really pay attention to the details of your stay. That was the opposite here. I didn't feel recognized at all and the few staff seem to go about their work as if you're not a part of their job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends