“Excellent”

Ranked #137 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My partner and i stayed here in December and this is by far the best value for hotel in downtown LA. The last time we stayed at the Sheraton downtown, room were crap and service was bad. We stayed for 2 days in the deluxe queen room and loved it! The decor in the hotel is classy and tasteful. The rooms were spacious, modern and comfy. The hot shower in the bathroom though a tad bit complicated was something to look forward to after a long tiring day of shopping! The location of the hotel is also perfect cause if you decide to rent a car, there is a parking right next to the hotel and a I-hop right across the hotel. Breakfast is served with fresh pastries and coffee. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and welcomes you with a smile anytime of the day. All in all, we had a good stay and would definitely return to stay here some day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RamaniB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff was great! Everyone was kind and helpful. The room was a bit pricey, but it was New Year's eve. ONE COMPLAINT: the shower head/nozzle is not easy to use and extremely difficult to maneuver! Otherwise, we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed December 2012
Erin_O_Hotel, Director of Sales at O Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your New Year's Eve in Downtown! I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us in the near future.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed January 7, 2013

For a hotel on a main street the rooms are quiet. Both my friend and I were allocated rooms which looked out to a brick wall which was depressing however better this than a noisy front room I guess. Decent selection of pastries and even fresh fruit (!!!) at breakfast. Reception staff are great, couldn't be more helpful. Great location if visiting Staples Centre (we booked to see a basket match which was great)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts in regards to your stay with us. We try to be as upfront as possible in regards to the view from our queen rooms - advertising them as "no view", and using photos that show the buildings outside. I apologize if you were expecting something different upon arrival. These rooms are geared toward the budget traveler, and the design focus is placed on the amenities inside the room, such as the flat screen TVs, top of the line bedding and mattresses, and luxurious bathroom amenities.

We do offer upgraded rooms on the front of the building, facing Flower Street. These rooms have King sized beds and large bright windows.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast offering, the staff, and the location. I look forward to welcoming you back to The O Hotel soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great modern hotel - nicely desgined lobby and pretty good complimentaty breakfast. Rooms are small but nicely decorated. The bathroom shower design is a little weird....I understand the design was to be very contemporary and open concept helps make a small space appear larger but leaving a door off the shower is silly. Water sprayed everywhere if you didnt hold the shower wand just right and you need to hold the wand in order to rinse. Aside from that its a nice hotel. Parking was $12 at an attached garage (not operate by the hotel)/. you can get ot the Staples Cente by foot and its a short drive to Rodeo.... I would go again.

Nice perk was the daily pass to Gold's gym which was just around the block.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesnt face the brick wall!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast offering, and the hotel design, as well as the Gold's Gym pass. We enjoy reading feedback like yours as it gives us an opportunity to improve our product and offering.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

California
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We chose this hotel for New Year's Eve because it was a 5-minute walk to the Staples Center show we were attending. The hotel's location is perfect for Staples/Nokia/LA Live events, and you can park directly next to the hotel in a garage for $12 a day, which is convenient. The staff was very nice too. The big con for us was the hotel room itself. I realize it is a very old LA building, but the rooms are so tiny and I didn't like the sliding door for the small bathroom. The decor is minimal and we felt like we were inside a dorm room. The AC and tv were fine and I hear their food is good, but we didn't try it. Overall, we probably wouldn't return just because we know we have paid less at other hotels for nicer rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MariaBCalifornia
Hello Maria,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope you had a fantastic New Year's Eve at the Staples Center!

Unfortunately the one thing we can't control here is the room size. As you mentioned, this is a historic building, built in 1925. Though the entire hotel was remodeled in 2007, the original room size remains the same. That being said, it's nice to hear that you were able to take advantage of the proximity of the hotel to the local entertainment options, and that the staff exceeded your expectations.

I hope to get the chance to welcome you back to The O Hotel in the near future.

Sales and Marketing Director
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I travel for work constantly and to have a comfortable place to stay while away from home is so important. O hotel is amazing. From their service, to their food and everything in between they are great! For starters generally parking at hotels in DTLA you're looking at $31-$40 per night even as a quest at the hotel. O hotel uses a parking structure connected to the building for $12. Very easy access. The rooms are great, comfortable bed, and very modern design. My particular favorite part was the shower! Amazing water pressure and finally a hotel that has enough shampoo and conditioner to be useful. The shampoo and conditioner is incredible,I forgot my brush that day and after using the hair product's I got many compliments on the volume and shine! They also have great extra's like happy hour, continental breakfast, and full access to Golds gym including classes.

I'll end with my other favorite. You know how after a long day and you're nice and comfortable in bed, finishing up work or reading. Then you realize you've turned on lights in the room when you came in. Well there is a great little square of switches right beside the bed that controls the rest of the room, you don't have to get up out of your nice comfy spot!! Oh this simple things! I will be staying here for all future travel to DTLA!!

Angela S.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angela W
Hello Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay at The O Hotel. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it! We're looking forward to welcoming you back to The O on your future trips. Next time, I'll be sure to send you home with some mini bottles of those Bee Kind bath products. Our guests love it!

Director of Sales + Marketing
United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a review of The O Hotel's bar and restaurant. It's tucked away in the part of Flower Street that makes it difficult to just come across it while walking down town, but it's an interesting little place nonetheless. Think of it as a hotel lobby that is a diner. The ambiance is somewhat unique but fitting for a boutique hotel.

I tried the grilled mushroom sandwich and mac and cheese, and they were quite good. The pricing is also very reasonable for what and where it all is.

Sadly, the variety in the menu left quite a bit to be desired. It's a very small menu with very few options, and you can't expect to have it your way.

If I do return, it'll be for items noted above. A more expansive menu would make this well worth going to more often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your review of our restaurant, Bar | Kitchen. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal as well as the ambiance.

We offer a seasonal menu that, while small, is focused on fresh ingredients. We change the menu four times every year to coordinate with the seasons. The Winter Menu was actually just launched last week, and is being featured on the current DIneLA Restaurant Week menu. I hope you'll take the opportunity to try some of these new items. The short rib grilled cheese is a personal favorite.

Director of Sales + Marketing