“Very good boutique hotel, amazing service.”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #140 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Very good boutique hotel, amazing service.”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our check in took two minutes, even though we were walk-ins without a reservation.

Upon going up to our room, and noticing that the AC was loud, we called the reception and were immediately upgraded to a suite with a better-operating AC unit.

Love the simple yet chic decor, as well as the experimental Google TVs in the rooms.

Way to go, O Hotel! Amazing staff and a property we will definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Monterrey
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and me stayed at the O hotel on september 2011. We were advised not to stay around downtown area but after a two week trip we found this hotel to be a perfect choice for our budget. I was really impressed when we entered, I totally loved the decoration and the vibe of the lobby! The room was also very modern and clean, a little small but it didn´t matter to us.

The bed was very comfy and clean, the gym area is a little bit small but I was told I could go to the Gold´s gym. We had a car so access to subway and/or bus wasn´t important to us, but I noticed that in L.A. it is hard to get around the city without a car (I asked the front desk if we could get to Disney´s concert hall by foot or bus and apparently there isn´t a bus that would take us directly to it) so we decided to drive.

One minor con: the parking lot is EXPENSIVE! but that´s L.A., not the hotel

The breakfast was included and was ok..bagels, coffee and jam...just be careful with the bagels! It didn´t say what kind of bagel it was and after I took a bite (with cream cheese and strawberry jam) I realized it was ONION AND HERBS! hahaha I certainly do not recommend that combination!

The hotel is very close to a Subway (as in sub of ham and cheese) and an Ihop which was convenient, and there were other restaurants nearby so I liked the location.

I would definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I found the hotel to be run-down and noisy and the staff not accomodating. I knew I was in trouble when I got off the elevator and there was no a/c (on a very hot day) in the hallway. The room was small, which was ok, but it also seemed dank and dirty. I don't think the management has spent any money on the hotel since it opened. The linens, etc. were threadbare and the carpet was dirty. The kind of place where you don't take off your shoes until you go to bed. Expecially the bathroom, which seemed permanently dirty. The television only had about 8 channels and the a/c turns itself off after a few minutes. The a/c units are in the wall like those cheap hotels you see in Europe. There was no view from the window. Just a dirty brick wall with trash thrown on the sills. The wifi in the room didn't work and be aware that you get no cell service inside the building. Kept having to go out on the street to use my phone. Really??

There must be no sound-proofing between floors. You can hear the folks upstairs clomping around as well as every door opening and closing on your floor.

The staff, what little there was, was what I would describe as "disinterested". There is no bellcap or concierage. Just a scruffy guy sitting at the desk playing Words With Friends on his phone. There are a million great hotels in L.A. I should have stayed at one of my regular places but I thought I'd take a chance and try something new. Never again.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Orange County, CA
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was not impressed when i made my reservation. Was disconnected twice so had to call back. I was told when i made the reservation that parkign was via valet parking. Not true. Hotel guests have to park is crowded garage next door and haul their own luggage over.

The room was small and minimalist but I like that. It was okay but the TV remote did not work. Nice to have a fridge in the room.

The Bar & KItchen Restaurant is great for dinner. Good food, great service, wonderful wine! MMMM.

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at The O for two nights recently for a sort of urban getaway, and it was perfect. The location makes it walk able to anywhere you may need or want to go downtown. Lobby is gorgeous, hip, relaxing. The front desk staff is friendly, fast and efficient. My room was cool. As others have noted, they are not huge, but how much room does one person need. It had great lighting, really nice bed and linens, even an iPod dock for my own music! A nice touch is that, rather than an expensive mini bar, they provide just a mini fridge. With Ralph's just across the street I could stock up on my own wine and snacks, and they even gave me a free cork screw! I ordered room service one night....the tuna melt is amazing!!!! Free coffee and breakfast in the lobby every morning is also a really nice treat. All in all, a great experience, and value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Love the staff, very accomodating. Love the restaurant, great cuisine and ambiance. Rooms a bit tight but it's ok if you are not staying for long stays. Located in Downatown La if you are there for business great atmosphere. Close to some of the best restaurants.

Room Tip: Call the hotel.