“Amazing Food & Amazing Service”
Review of WoodSpoon

WoodSpoon
Reserve with OpenTable
WoodSpoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I came into Woodspoon last night, we've been wanting to come in forever.
Our server Brad was amazing. He had so much knowledge on all the dishes and spoke about them with such enthusiasm.

I had the Brazilliand Steak with Egg on top and served with Yucca fries and collard greens.
It was PHENOMENAL. I finished the entire plate and I still wanted more!

My boyfriend had the fish on the grill plate. It was Phenomenal as well.

As an appetizer we had a very refreshing Beet Salad, it was delicious and cant wait to have it again.

As for drinks, we ordered the Sangria and few glasses of wine. The Sangria is a MUST HAVE. It's SO tasty.

At the end of our meal, Chef Natalia who is also the owner, came out and spoke to us about her food and thanked us for our visit.

I would rate this 10/10, We had a Fantastic time and cant wait to go back there again!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We came to this storefront place because Umamicatessan around the corner was too crowded. Talk about no ambiance! Waited about 15 minutes for a table, sat down to jug of cinnamon water to drink. OK, unusual, looked around to see what others were eating, couldn't really tell, but lots of vegetables. My wife ordered the chicken pot pie, I had the nightly special of 'organic steak'. The chicken pie was just OK, but the side salad that came was very good, unusual dressing. The steak was definitely in the top ten I've ever had - it was really what steak should be, fibrous and soft, not mealy, and the grilled side greens were very edible, but I'm not sure what they were. Definitely worth a return trip. And the service was very good, although it took over 45 minutes for our food to be served in a place that wasn't conducive to lingering.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Just happened to stumble apon 'woodspoon' restaurant yesterday and had an amazing meal. The staff were very friendly and great for advice (as we were only staying a couple of days in LA). Great food at a great price. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Marty180
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The menu was hardly readable but that which was on it was not very descriptive. When we asked the waiter what something was, his response was a "typical Brazilian dish", not helpful. All of the small plate food was fried and the filling, whether it was potatoes, chicken of beef, tasted old somewhat like two day old potaoes reheated. The art that one reviewer said graced the wall amounted to two paintings that were amateur as best. Diffinately, not a come-backer.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

The chicken pot pie was what we came for. We also had the pork burger with yam fries and the mix plate appetizer. The mix plate was good and cooked very well, but the I wasn't blown away. The plate did have a great mix of flavors and all of the pieces were good. However, the meal we shared were two of the best entrees we have ever had. The pork burger (you'll use a knife and fork, it's not a typical burger) is a very thick patty on cabbage between a thin and tasty bun. The pot pie crust is very delicate both on top of the pie and underneath. The flavors of each ingredient really comes through. Eating it with the salad only made it better. The flavored water was a nice touch.
For us, the service was spectacular. We arrived before the restaurant's stated opening for the evening, but they opened up and let us in early. We ordered our dinner and our servers were very attentive. To top it off, the chef came out and talked with us about growing up in Brazil and her mother's recipes that she brought with her to create the amazing food we had just enjoyed.
I don't know that I have ever had a better dining experience.

1  Thank TheFranci