“Fascinating for tourists”

Los Angeles Ride to the Beach
$149.00*
Self-Guided Santa Monica Tour in a California Roadster Rental
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live there so it's routine for me, but I enjoy the interest that visitors have when I show them the various parts of Hollywood, from Hollywood Blvd. and its famous sites to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery where Rudolph Valentino and many other stars are buried.

2  Thank Jacques C

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had to do the Hollywood thing just once! The Chinese theater was my favorite thing! The rest of it was just a tourist trap! Stay away from tours they are way over priced! The Roosevelt hotel is also worth stopping by it is beautiful if you like old architecture. Really wanted to see the Max Factor museum but found out its closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so missed it! Hollywood is only really a half day trip if your not into souvenir shopping!

1  Thank Smjanusz
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we went to see hollywood by Starline tour ( combo tour of los angeles city tour plus hollywood); we booked the ticket online through a web site named Kijubi; over all service was good with hotel pickup; we went first to hollywood; i was very excited to see the place of which I know the name from my childhood...its hollywood; you will see the handprints and footprints of all great film personality and actors at Chinese theatre; also you will see the hollywood bowl and the famous stage for open air concert; from there you can see the world famous hollywood sign; you will see that again several times;we went hollywood just 1 week before the oscar so that the famous dolby theatre was almost ready with red carpet; and taking pictures standing on the red carpet ( obviously covered with plastic sheet) was very exciting; as we went with tour company they spent very little time in each place; but you can cover lot of place; we went to see the famous beverly hill (from the bus) where hollywood star have residence; then we see the market where stars do the marketing; I couldnt see any price tag on any item in those shops probably to prevent dizziness of the tourist and I had no courage to ask the price; if you want to spend some time then you can go by metro red line and get down at Hollywood/highland station;one sided fare is $1.50 per person; always keep your camera ready; if you are lucky you can see any hollywood star in your vicinity

1  Thank jayasish
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The only tourist attractions worth seeing are the old Grauman's Chinese Theater (with the stars' footprints and handprints in cement), the Lasky-DeMille Barn -- a film history museum opposite the Hollywood Bowl, and the Firehouse Museum south of the Boulevard on Cahuenga.

1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Yes, it is tacky, but it is Hollywood. The Grauman Chinese Theater forecourt has hand and footprints of old time actors as well as new personalities. The adjoining Hollywood/Highland complex has views of the Hollywood sign. There are plenty of tacky shops to buy the must have souvenirs.

How can you say you went to Los Angeles and not visit Hhollywood?

1  Thank Cavydad