“Fairly Nice!”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 21, 2009

the hotel is fairly nice, the rooms are somewhat in the small size, but the hotel is in a good location near Westfield shopping center (three blocks away-a walking distance). there is a 35 dollar a night parking fee

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MONTES
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed here on Priceline for a very low rate... so I definitely got my money's worth. The hotel looks fancy from Ave. of the Stars and the large lobby, with all the fresh cut flowers and soaring glass ceiling, is very impressive. The rooms are not large, not small, but probably last decorated about 10 years ago. They're well-kept and clean, except for the lumpy, spring beds. A/C is hard to program (thermostats have been used incorrectly) and a little loud. Definitely subpar for a 4-star hotel.
On the plus side, we were treated really well even though we were staying for less than 50% of the rated listed online. Parking is only valet, and that will set you back $33 plus tax. We opted to park several blocks away in a residential area, which was inconvenient but worked out well. The business center staff was a little less than friendly, and they charge you $7.50 for 20 minutes online... a little steep.
Loved the location, in Century City, 5 minutes to B. Hills and Westwood and 10 to the 405. Would definitely go back for the low rates... which should continue to exist until they finally model the hotel... it's definitely a trip back to 1989 as it stands now.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We got an awesome deal on Hotwire. The room was top notch as was the service. Actually, the service was almost too good! Our car was swarmed with people helping us unload when we arrived. But, as soon as I said "I have it," they were fine. And, when I realized I forgot my cell phone in the car while checking in, the person at the front desk immediately said "don't worry, we'll get it" and 5 minutes later they delivered it to the room. The room was wonderful - spacious and clean. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower and great Elemis products.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingLonghorn
Reviewed May 29, 2009

A visiting friend came in from Atlanta for a much needed vacation and got an excellent deal on this hotel....It is smack in the middle between LAX, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills-Hollywood and Downtown...He didn't drive ( a sin in LA but he is a New Yorker) but was able to get around to his vacation destinations via cab/bus and sch

Now I know West LA and I can say it is hard to find a good solid hotel at a decent price...
I like Century City but in this are you have a Lackluster Holiday Inn Express, A small roomed medicorce Courtyard, and TOO BIG trying so hard Century Plaza...all all usually run you $200 but I know you can get a deal on this place on hotwire/pricline if you look

The Pros: The ROOM: If you love lots of light and window, this place will suite you with their floor to ceiling windows. Spacious Desk. The bed looked comfy.Bathroom was large with a separate tube from shower ++++BALCONIES...if you smoke every room in this place has a balcony which is hard to find in LA..The only other I know in this are is the Sheraton Delfina. I liked how the bed was not the first thing you saw when you walked into the room ( ie, away from hallway and bathroom blocked having to hear people or maids). Plus, it just makes the room feel bigger...my friend loved that they had lounging robes for him.

If you are Middle Eastern/Arab...they adore you. Okay this is just an inference to the 4 or five television channels they had available...Oh and the hotel is also CLOSE to UCLA..I would recommend it for a stay if you are visiting someone there.

FOOD/SHOPPING: You are close to the Westfield Century City Mall...and restaurants. my friend said their food court was gourmet and delicious. You are also quite close the Beverly Center where we went to Dinner at the Grand Lux (YUMMY) (The Sofitel is ok but I think I preferred this one for a West LA location base if you don't HAVE to be in Santa Monica). The hotel does have a quaint little bar but I didn't really check out the facilites

When I walked in the hotel was quiet..now this is sorta an industry/biz area so it would make sense that is wouldn't be crazy busy on the weekend unless it has shopping ladies.

CONS: They only have valet which runs 30 or so a night but they do charge less for visits which is nice...Some places in Hollywood ( see my Ramada review) are $30 no matter how long you stay. After you park, it is straight up to the room...no crazy 20 minute walk to your room elevators like downtown la hotels. When I went to get my car it took a bit longer then I expected

BE WARNED: You could miss the hotel from the street...I did miss the small entrance the first time around. If you want a busy/happening hotel this is not for you...but for people staying in the area it is the best of the choices...

Cheers, Bella

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank pulgadelmundo
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I liked the location of this hotel and first impressions were good - check in was swift and we were upgraded to lovely suite - front desk at this point were delightful! Arrived quite late at night and wanted to grab something quick to eat in the hotel restaurant - food a bit fancy for our liking so we ordered room service and were able to grab burgers and grilled cheese (comfort food after a long flight when you're starving). Food arrived promptly, was well presented and tasty.

Hotel has valet parking - no problems with this - car always ready for us if we called down 10 mins before setting out. Hotel within walking distance to Westfield Century City Mall and, if you're energetic, walking distance to Rodeo Drive, Beverley Hills. LA is a car city and we found the hotel to be a good location for visiting Universal Studios, Griffiths Observatory, Getty Museum, Santa Monica - generally car journeys were about 30 mins allowing for traffic.

Hotel has a nice outdoor pool area with a hot tub. Pool a good size with towels provided.

My only negative experience of this hotel was at check-out when the member of staff was extremely rude and disrespectful - she treated me like I was inconviencing her as I was checking out and when I requested copies of my final bills (there were 2 rooms). After check out she very insincerely quoted the "I hope you enjoyed your stay at ... I hope you return soon" etc speech - I wish I'd said something to her at the time about her attitude. I later found out she had refunded the wrong credit card despite my clear instructions as to which card I wanted money returned to - I just knew she wasn't listening to me at the time!

It's a shame that the attitude of one desk clerk can sour a persons overall experience of what is fundamentally a good choice for LA.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gracie99uk
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Stayed here with our friends on the first 3 nights of our USA trip. Extremely welcoming when we arrived fom the moment the Car Valet gentelemn helped unload the car, explained the valet parking and directed us to reception. On arrival only 1 of the rooms was available, as we had requested close/adjoining rooms - this was not a problem as we said we would put all luggage in the one room for the time being. Massive room, large LCD TV, lovely Kind Bed with feather mattress topper, balcony overlooking the front of the hotel, large bathroom with tub, shower cubicle and large sink area. Actually ended up with interconnecting rooms with our friends which was great - they even had a double aspect room with 2 balconies. The car was always ready after we had called down to the valet and each time we arrived back at the hotel we were greeted with " Welcome back sir!" Didn't eat in the hotel as we prefer to try local restaurants etc (also the hotel was a bit pricey from food). Ideally located about 3 blocks from the Westfield Century City Mall, with a host of restaurants and good shops. Must visit Farmers Market and The Grove at Farmers Market if you visit LA. Would defeinetly return to the Intercontinental if returning to LA again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed at the Intercontinental for the weekend (Friday - Sunday). Booked on Priceline for $95 bucks a night. This is the second time I have been hit at this hotel. The lobby is nice and the doormen/front desk staff are very friendly. The Room is nice, although a renovation would improve my ratings from a B- to an A. The location is decent - about 5 miles from the Bev Hills/Rodeo area and about 5 miles to the Santa Monica/Montana area.

The big negative - hot water in the shower. Both stays - took literally 35 minutes of running the water. This is a huge negative for me.

Net/Net - a nice hotel with some issues - not trendy and more for business than leisure. However, at 95 bucks, I cant complain much.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!