Isolation is the only drawback of this beautiful hotel (originally built as the JW Marriott, but now an Interconti). Century City is the problem, not the hotel. This vast area abutting Beverly Hills was once the back lot of 21 Century Fox Studios, In fact, all the room on the back side of the hotel look over the studio. The movie company had to sell this land after the disaster of Cleopatra way back in the 1950's. And developers back then never thought that anyone would want to walk when they could drive. So Century City is pretty inhospitable to foot travel. The broad avenues span the distance between high rise office buildings. At night it is deserted. There is a Westfield Mall at then other end of the tract with restaurants at the far end of that, but it is a good 20 minute hike from the hotel. So you are kind of isolated here, and if you do have a car there is nowhere to park except the $35 a day valet parking. The plus side of isolation is a great hotel, first class outdoor swimming pool, and if you are on jet lag, spectacular views of the sun rising over LA and setting over the Pacific Ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental