“Good location”

Ranked #11 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chandler, Arizona
“Good location”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We chose the InterContinental because of our terrific experience with their Chicago location, but were a bit disappointed with the Century City experience. Later at night when my kids went to bed, I tried to take a bath and found that the stopper did not work. So, I tried to take a shower and there were three shower heads out of which only one worked. We did not call the front desk since it was very late and my kids were sleeping and we were checking out the next morning. When I checked out, I informed the gal of the issue so that the next traveler would not be inconvenienced. She just asked us why we didn't call the front desk. Location was great, and friendly staff - although valet personnel were not as friendly. For the price we paid for our room, I guess I at least expected to be able to have the bathing facilities working.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cubbie2332

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've been visiting this hotel for many years, in fact, back to the days when it was The Park Hyatt. Recent trips have in my opinion showed that standards are declining although at least superficially this remains a fine hotel. Biggest issues are: some rooms have poor facilities (my recently only had a shower in the bath, not a separate cubicle, and the temperature was impossible to keep constant through the mixer tap! The air conditioning is old and very noisy. The dining room is too small to accommodate enough guests at breakfast leading to long waits or having to move into the bar area. Prices for food and drink are very high although the quality is pretty high. On the plus side, staff are generally all great and the gym is well equipped, free to guests and available 24/7. Perfect when jet-lag strikes.

Room Tip: Insist on a separate shower and check the noise level of the aircon. Inter-connectring doors are pa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Richard C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

In LA, I like to stay in Century City for convenience (great stores/restaurants nearby) and ease of access to places I enjoy (BHills; Melrose; The Grove, etc). And when in Century City, I definitely prefer the InterCon.

Arrived at 7:30 in the morning completely discombobulated and was treated royally by Efrem at the front desk. Not surprisingly, given that it was the crack of dawn, they had no room for me, so I was given a key to the pool/spa area and hung out by the pool enjoying the wifi and some early morning rays.

Then I hit the spa for a serious deep muscle massage. Thanks to Jacqueline the muscles that had been perma-tense were actually in a state of relaxation and I donned bikini and hit the pool again. By the way, kudos to Aggie in the spa for awesome customer service and keeping the place in tip-top shape (loved the fact that the women's area had all the amenities one might need, including disposable razers!).

About 11ish, I went back to see Efrem, who got me my room, and then went up to take a boo around. The suites have all the bells and whistles one expects; however, I was a bit disappointed that my room seemed to be slightly less impressive than one I had on a previous trip (bigger space, fresher looking). For instance, the wallpaper seams are starting to give way, the furniture looks a bit more used. I will admit, though, that I'm probably being a bit picky.

Checked out the breakfast at the Park Grill. Lots of options for the diet-challenged, including some good options for my vegetarian colleague.

All in all, another good stay .. thanks to the first-rate customer service!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times, and have also planned several meetings here. Always a great experience! Staff goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Last time I really tested that bc I was coordinating a wedding and I had the concierge/staff running like crazy to help us set up - they did everything quickly, efficiently and with a smile. Its a convenient, easy location - love how close it is to the mall, just a great west LA option. The meeting space has been renovated - everything is modern and beautiful. Love the LED lighting - sooooo awesome! The food in the hotel lobby restaurant is delicious. I do wish they had more on prop eating options but honestly with the mall so close you dont really need it. Overall great experience, and I highly recommend as a West LA hotel option.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I recently spent four weeks in this hotel whilst working next door at Fox studios.
The breakfast buffet made a great start to the day and I'd particularly like to single out Akli, one of the servers in the restaurant for whom nothing was too much trouble and made my long stay there all the more enjoyable thanks to his care, friendliness and attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Most of the guests appear to be musicians or performers. The people watching in the lobby is quite entertaining. Hotel staff are extremely service-oriented. Sunday brunch was outstanding; the best smoked salmon, endless bacon, delicious sausage, bowls of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. If you are visiting someone in the Century City area, it is a great location, but a little remote from other parts of the city. We had a lovely room with extra space for a desk. Watched the sun set over the pacific (which was miles away, of course). There is a nearby malll with a good grocery store, if you do not wish to be captive to the hotel kitchen. Also food delivery is available, the concierge will give you a book of restaurants that deliver. Lovely pool and gym.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife picked the InterContinental (Century City) due to how close it is to our home. We wanted a two night "get away." The hotel is right next to the 20th Century Fox Lot (between Pico Blvd to the south and Santa Monica Blvd to the north). Century City is an "office building city" with the main attraction being the Century City Mall(shopping, dinning, movies and walkable from the hotel).

We had room 1134(corner, main view to the west, but able to see from downtown to LAX to the ocean to Santa Monica, over the Fox Lot). And for you aviation fans, the hotel is just "north" of the approach to Santa Monica Airport. The twin apartment buildings are a visual land mark for the airport. With that said, there was some small jet noise as they passed the hotel. But, it was not bothersome.

We had a king bed, with a great balcony (a bit chilly to sit out on, but great views). Large flat screen tv and a very well stocked mini bar. Bottled water was priced from 5.00 for a small bottle and 10.00 for a large. Two easy chairs. On the balcony there was two recliners, two chairs and a small table. There was a small screen that divided the balcony from the next room, but overall, it was a good size.

The bathroom was nice, a separate tub and separate shower stall.

The room was clean, but there was some wear and tear on the curtains(holes at the bottom), but nothing that was a turnoff.

Our first full day we spent in the room enjoying each others company. We had room service (breakfast at noon!) and enjoyed the food and the view. But at 12:30, that was broken up by flashing lights and the speaker in the room saying "Speaker test, speaker test." A staff person at the door said they were doing a fire dept. test for about 10 min. The upside, if there had been a real fire, we would have known about it!

That night we walked to Century City Mall (about a 5 min. walk) and had dinner and saw a movie.

Of the hotel, we saw our room, the lobby and the elevator!

When we checked out (via phone) they made sure our car was ready and they were kind enough to drop the charge for internet usage.

My overall feeling about the InterContinental is that it is good for the work traveler or as a get away. Other than the mall, the hotel is not close to much and you would have to take a cab to get into Hollywood or Santa Monica.

I would go back again if I had a west facing room with a balcony.

Room Tip: A west facing room on the upper floors would be great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westside
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
#16 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!