“WONDERFUL place!!!!!”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I just spent 2 wonderful nights here this past week. I normally am not one to review a hotel but the service at this place was 5 stars plus. From the time you pull up to the time you check out you are treated with nothing but the best service of any hotel we have stayed (we travel A LOT). We arrived early on Tuesday and we were able to check into our room at 10:00 a.m. instead of waiting for normal check in time. We stayed in a king suite with a beautiful view of LA and the HOLLYWOOD sign in the hills. The room was very clean and well decorated, the bed was the best. EVERYONE from the front desk, maids, bell hops, bartender and valet people were some of the nicest people we have ever come in contact with in the service industry. One really nice feature they have is a complimentary car service to take you to local spots such as Rodeo Drive. I cannot recommend this hotel enough...if you are going to LA this is the place to stay (wish I could give it more than a 5).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catlady3399
Write a ReviewReviews (2,080)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed on the weekend (Fri and Sat) and got a discounted rate on Hotwire, so it was an excellent value. Our room at the end of the hallway on 7th floor was spacious, nicely furnished, and had a balcony with comfy furniture, which overlooked the wedding area--very nice! The large bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower and attractive tiling. We received complimentary waters and toiletries typical of higher-end hotels. It's a nice area of LA conducive to walking if you want some fresh air and exercise--we wandered through some neighborhoods. (Of course you need a car in LA). There's a Starbucks down the street at the Plaza Hotel and a great Gelson's supermarket within walking distance at the Westfield Mall. Valet parking is pricey and pretty responsive, although they did forget us one night, but quickly got our car. We were pleased with this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyEarl
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This really is a top end hotel, superb public areas and rooms but the extras add up which is disappointing, in Europe, hotels like this generally recognise they are charging top rates and include small items (e.g. water in the room)
Room service is lovely but be warned, there is a 'delivery charge' (really!), added gratuity charge and local tax to be added to the listed prices!
Positives: Quality of hotel and rooms, staff, pool, free car service to 3 locations in LA (yes, free!)
Negatives: Extra charges

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Before checking in at night, I called the hotel in the afternoon to make sure they provide me a double-bed room, which they agreed to. However, upon check in, they informed me only king beds were available as the other double bed rooms were sold out. I was frustrated and complained, but led no where. The front desk did however promise me a double bed the next day, which he did.

There is no self parking in this hotel. It is only valet, $36/night with in and out privileges. They are pretty quick to. I don't think it ever took more than 5 minutes to pull up the car. That was convenient.

What I didn't like however is the outdoor swimming pool. It has no sense of luxury. Any other 4-star hotel around the area would probably beat it for sure including and especially the Beverly Hilton.I did like the weight lifting room. It's simple, has all the equipment you need to stay in shape.

Breakfast buffet is decent for a bit over $20, you have an OK variety to choose from. Location wise is OK. It's a 15-min walk to Westfield Century City Mall.

Staff was courteous and helpful throughout

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear lmasterz,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We appreciate the kind comments on our staff service. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, the comments regarding the room allocations and pool condition are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of another awesome stay at the Intercontinental Los Angeles this last weekend. At check in I got upgraded to a lovely corner suite and got delivered a nice plate of fruit and water as recognition for my Platinum Ambassador status with IHG. Every staff member I encountered were courteous, friendly and helpful and considering I don’t look like your normal 5 star hotel guest, the hotel staffs’ level of service and respect were never compromised. The room was awesome and extended out onto a large corner balcony so I had a panoramic view over LA and it was good to open up the large doors out onto the balcony and have plenty of fresh air. I had no issue with the room needing updating as some other reviewers have stated. I also don’t have any problem with the location, I find it quite relaxing and quiet and as a car is mandatory in LA, I never find the location an issue. Check out was dealt with by Joshua and he was attentive enough to pick up an overcharge before I had even spotted it myself. Value for money, this property is exceptional, considering Holiday Inn Express’s in Hollywood charge the same price for a fraction of the luxury. All in all, a great stay and looking forward to my next visit to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a terrific 3-night stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Century City, Los Angeles. The location is accessible to downtown, Westwood, Venice Beach via I-405 and I-10. Robin at the front desk was extremely helpful in accommodating our special requests upon arrival. Paul, a supervisor at the main entrance, was very gracious and helpful as well. He went out of his way Friday evening and Saturday morning to help us out. The room was spacious, bright and immaculate. Our room had a balcony with a great view, which we enjoyed. Inga was quite efficient in helping us check out and we appreciated her assistance. We won't stay anywhere else when we visit Los Angeles in the future. Great value, too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barton41
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've stayed at Intercontinental hotels in other cities. Some are better than others (avoid the one in Wellington, NZ at all costs). I booked this one for the location, and I was delighted to find myself checking into a world-class place. I felt very special for getting to be there. It's beautiful, the staff is lovely and professional (I was upgraded to a suite for no reason), and the rooms are rich. Last time we were in LA we treated ourselves to a stay at the extremely expensive Beverly Hills Hotel. At 1/3 the cost, the Intercontinental was every bit as good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!