“Helpful and friendly - great place for wedding room blocks!”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #12 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Helpful and friendly - great place for wedding room blocks!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We choose to get a room block for all our wedding guests here due to to its location and price but ended up being presently surprised by their customer service. Kathy Chu, our group coordinator who worked for the hotel was beyond helpful. We had shuttle transportation info cards that we needed to give to all our guests which were delivered by the staff to the guest rooms for smooth shuttle service. We were able to use their patio for first look photos which was intimate and gorgeous. The front desk upgraded everyone they could, all the workers that we ran into were courteous, congratulatory and helpful and we just couldn't be happier that we chose your hotel. Our guests were also blown away at every turn.

I would absolutely choose them again for event like weddings or just to stay in LA in general!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed on the last leg of our california vacation for 3 nights. Front desk was indifferent at best; they need retraining in customer relations especially if you're not dressed in a business suit. Concierge service over 3 days was not in tune for vacationers, although if you pressed them with more questions they came up with the info requested. Again, somewhat indifferent to the vacation traveler and seemed hurried all the time. Surprisingly, the best trained and most helpful were the outside doormen and bellmen, including the valet parking team. Very polite, helpful and fast. Small suite was overpriced but clean with a nice king bed. We knew about the parking add on and internet charge in advance so were not surprised with that. Bigger issue is the staff attitude at front desk and concierge.

1 Thank Robert R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Robert R,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

I was disappointed to hear that we were unable to give you the typical high level of service which we are renowned for. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience and regret the poor customer service that you have encountered. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving our level of service.

Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed here on the last leg of our holiday. It is situated some way from the centre although most places are. We had a quad room which was clean and well appointed. The staff were friendly and it had good facilities includin a pool and jacuzzi and gym which were all free. The restarant was good howere if you are on a budget use the mall nearby. They have a crazy wifi policy in that wifi in the room is $12 dollars a day in the room but free in the lobby. This means that everyone crowds into the lobby and avoids using other facilities. Although we we booked in as 4 people the coffee making facilities were mainly just for 2 we did get some extra on request.
Some small changes would make this hotel so much more enjoyable

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you have booked
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a deluxe suite for just about a week. The room we first got was alright in size but almost nothing worked. The internet didn't and after half an hour of dealing with the tech support ("funny, but nobody else in the hotel complained") they fixed it only for it to collapse again half an hour later. We picked up the cordless phone for a conversation and after some 5 minutes its battery ran out of juice and rendered it useless. Not before they charged us $5 per minute long distance. We used the landline because the coverage of the mobile phone was lousy. We called for maintanance and they told me "the engineer will be right up" -- and didnt make it until today.Regardless, $5 a minute is really taking it to an extreme.

So we finally complained and were transferred to a different room -- identical in size -- but now internet was working as did the phone both landline and mobile. the only complain I had here was that several of the lamps had burnt out bulbs and the hide-a-bed had a mattress that was not fit for humans. They brought me a roll away (hey, at no charge!) which solved this issue at the expense o fa less roomier suite.

What can I say? for this price I expect more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear PaloVerusa,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the internet connection as well as the service rates. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The property itself was great. Clean rooms (very detail oriented cleaning staff), nice large balcony with large sliding doors, comfortable beds and linens, and very well appointed rooms (modern TV, ipod compatible stereo, ethernet jack). I also used the pool and hot tub at the property as well. Both were maintained very well, ample towels and chairs available.

Many people are complaining about the prices for additional services like internet, parking, breakfast. I didn't really care. I didn't pay for internet (I have an iPad and smartphone that don't need wifi). Parking, well worth the money. It's a secure parking facility, never took more than a few minutes to get my car when I wanted to go somewhere, and the staff sprinted up to the vehicle anytime we arrived to open to door for all passengers. All in all, if you don't think the price is right for extra services, don't use them. $25 for breakfast is crazy. I didn't complain about it though, I went somewhere else and ate.

The staff was awesome. Answered any questions I had, were very attentive to any needs me and my group had. They really pushed this property from a 4 to 5 for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I used to stay at the Intercontinental when it was a Park Hyatt. When it was no longer a Hyatt I moved down the street to Hyatt Century Plaza as I am a Gold Passport platinum level member. On my most recent trip to LA the Hyatt was sold out so I gave the Intercontinental a try. The reason I was in LA was that our son was having disc replacement surgery at Keck Center of USC and we wanted to have him recuperate with our assistance post surgery. I booked two rooms, one junior suite and one king room with a competitive rate that included valet parking and breakfast. The day before our arrival I called and spoke to the Front Desk Manager, Tim, and told him of the importance of getting connecting rooms due to our son's surgery. When we arrived I found that Tim had upgraded our room to an executive suite with a connecting King room. This extra space made the stay much more enjoyable. Next year when I go to LA I will stay at the Intercontinental

1 Thank Patrick L
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

$36 a day to park, $13 a day for internet, and they even billed me $14 for a can of Red Bull that I didn't even drink. We passed on the $25 per person breakfast. Combined, that took the value out of my stay. Too bad, it was a nice suite. The finisher was calling the hotel to find out about the extra charge on my credit card and being told that I had to leave a message on a voicemail and then somebody from billing would get back to me.

Room Tip: If you don't have to park and don't need to use the internet, this has better value.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Todd W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, CA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!