“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #10 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Winnipeg, Canada
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the minute we arrived till the minute we left the staff were friendly, helpful, and ensured that we were enjoying your trip to Beverly Hills. We had an amazing room with a huge sun deck, the pool is in a great location, and the beds are very comfortable. Even arriving on the weekend, when they had a wedding being hosted in the hotel, we felt like we were important guests. When I had to follow up with the hotel regarding misc. charges, they were extremely helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay near Beverly Hills.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best - floor to ceiling windows on both sides and a sundeck!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarahd-mc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The position is perfect (particularly if you have business with the agents, lawyers and bankers who cluster around Century City), meaning everywhere is in easy distance. The staff are unfailingly polite and efficient, and the whole feeling of the place seems right. As a colleague remarked 'it might not be the most luxurious hotel in LA, but it ticks all the boxes'. My room was very spacious, and apart from the slighly loud aircon, was a pleasure to be in. The restaurant, whilst not overly elaborate, has a very interesting and reasonably priced menu. The bar is fun, and there is a gym and an outside pool and terrace. Overall, it worked for me!

1 Thank harbottle
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel. The room we were allocated was HUGE. Very clean.
The balcony overlooked the FOX TV studios. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows great.

What we really liked about this hotel were the staff. They were so helpful. The bellman in particular was excellent. He was great at recommending restaurants in the area. The barman too was very helpful.

The location was excellent. The car also runs a car which will take you within a 2 mile radius.

All in all a great stay. The only thing which would have made it better would have been free wifi in the room. At least wifi was available in the lobby

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donnamc28
England
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good location halfway between Santa Monica and Hollywood with easy access to Beverly Hills and other locations. We had a problem with room type allocate not being what was booked but it was sorted. Nice spa and pool area and you can walk to century city in 5 mins with huge range of shops and restaurants. Restaurant in hotel limited as only 1 and chairs in bar v uncomfortable!
Missed things at breakfast which is to cheap and gave up waiting!

Room Tip: Ask for higher room with view towards Santa Monica as get sun in afternoon then
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle0404
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just checked in this intercontinental hotel in LA and found my room is for people with disability telling from the equipments in the bathroom. I am a normal person and feel deeply humiliated! I requested to change the room but was refused by the front desk because of the obvious excuse of 'no other room available'. By the way, I did received their 'apology'. I booked the room via Hotwire. Although I realized it usually give me some bad room of a hotel, I didn't expect such a famous hotel will break my heart so deeply by giving me a room for people with disability!

To the hotel manager who will response my review below, don't say 'Sorry', please. I am sick of that.

Best,
Feng

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank nextstreet
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear nextstreet,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I consider this an average Intercontinental. It is a struggle to write this review because there is nothing memorable positive or negative.

The hotel is huge (seems like a big conference venue). Room was large and clean, though I think the rooms and overall hotel have not had an upgrade in quite some time. Good front desk service.

This will meet your basic expectations for an Intercontinental.

Biggest drawback was no cabs in the morning and took about 5-10 minutes of bell hop trying to flag one from the street before obtaining one.

I don't expect this review to garner too many "helpful" votes. If you are looking for an Intercontinental in Century City or LA area, this will meet your needs. If you are looking for a memorable stay or a stay that lets you know you are in LA, this will likely not be the right hotel.

1 Thank jb1234567
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear jb1234567,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects. Nevertheless, I want to assure you that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Though the rooms could use a bit of renovation, the services provided and the staff make all the difference. I spend 10 months out of 12 in hotels and I do not see this quality of service in many other hotels... The staff are all very friendly and helpful (from the cleaners to the reception). You can see that it has good management and they pay attention to detail. It is located in a very quiet and safe area with the Westfield Mall within 10min walking. A bit far from everything else but that is LA. Pool area is very pleasant and the gym is open 24h which is convenient. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I stayed here for 3 weeks and I would definitely consider this hotel next time I come to LA.

Room Tip: High floor on the East side!
1 Thank M M
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!