“A great stay w/ an amazing view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #20 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Atlanta, Georgia
“A great stay w/ an amazing view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Well lets see even before I even arrived at the hotel, the hotel reservationist made sure I had a room which fit my needs. Trying to fit a room with 3 people is a bit hard. I was placed into a suite with great view of Beverly Hills which I loved looking at, even more so at night. The bed was so comfortable I took a nap thinking I slept for hours and I only slept for like 20 mins. Best type of sleep there is. Lastly and my favorite part of the hotel was the staff. They were very responsive and very friendly. This was my vacation and I did not want to leave the hotel or LA. Thank you for making my first trip to LA one I will remember forever and never want to forget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 9th floor or higher.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ariversd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cut on foot after stepping on broken glass littered on carpet after checking in. Room maid can't see glass fragments and did a cursory sweep and declared it is ok Athough there are still fragments on the carpet! Coffee/tea service not refreshed. No free parking or free wifi. Location not great away from tourist spots but anyway, this hotel caters to business people.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank drlawrencesoh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear drlawrencesoh,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Checked in late and reception clerk could not locate my reservation. Her supervisor helped her and right in front of me scolded her. I just felt so bad for the young lady.
It is an old hotel with outdated room furniture, bathroom does not look good either. I think it is about time for them to spend serious $$$ to upgrade the hotel. The all day dining restaurant's service was good as well as the club sandwich.
I will go back if they upgrade the hotel but for now I would not without the major refurbishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NewPort57
Dear NewPort57,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while checking in. We have since reviewed our internal procedures to ensure that such a situation does not occur again.

On the other hand, I am terribly sorry that the decor did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback. Comments like yours enable our continuous pursuit of improvement in our services and facilities. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

At first I thought this would be a conference hotel only but leave it to LA to make it chic and very friendly! Great food and amazing service! My husband was there for a conference and I tagged a long to get to know LA. The concierge, the drivers (all of them) as well as all the other staff were so helpful for first time LA visitors. Great location for the price as well!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FishChipsandSalsa
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel with generous room sizes, great service and great staff. My room was luxurios and spacious with a small balcony. I always prefer the fresh air option to air conditioning. There was a little noise from the next room (kids screaming at 8am on a Sunday), but generally nice and peaceful. I didn't like the location of this property. Whilst a short stroll to a Westfield shopping centre (like Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast), there was not much else in easy walking distance. I felt a little out of things, maybe that's just L.A.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Robbo91
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was a little underwhelmed by the LA intercontinental. Upon arrival, 3 of us were placed in a room with only one double bed and no room for a trundle. We then had to contact the front desk and it was quite an effort to get moved even though we had booked a double suite. Room we were finally placed in was very nice though, spacious bathroom and living area.

Upon leaving a friend discovered that she had left a coat behind in the wardrobe - it was very difficult to contact the hotel to ask whether or not it had been found. Very difficult to get a straight answer on the coats whereabouts. It was then extremely difficult to arrange for the coat to be collected by another travelling friend. Overall I would have expected better customer service from a hotel of this calibre.

No free wifi was also a surprise.

Overall, the hotel has good facilities and is located in a great position, close to Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Blvd and other attractions. Great shopping centres 'The Grove' and 'Century City'

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear RichmondCW,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our first trip back to Los Angeles in 20 years. The InterContinental Century City certainly helped make this memorable.

Arrival at the hotel was certainly an eye-catching event, with the swoop up Avenue Of The Stars folllowed by pulling up to the sweeping driveway. The foyer is large, the staff all universally friendly and obliging.

We had previously joined the InterContinental's preferred-guest program, and so were upgraded to a suite on the 9th floor. This gave up some other sweeteners, such as 1 free in-house movie and a 4pm checkout on the last day (very handy as our flight home was leaving at 10pm).

The suite overlooked the 20th Century-Fox backlot, so as children of the 1970s we had great fun picking out which sound stages were used for the TV versions of M*A*S*H (Stage 8) and Starsky And Hutch (Stage 17 and the "old New York" outdoor set).

The foyer bar was a pleasant spot to unwind at the end of a work day, and the light-meal menu was actually quite sufficient (for us) for an evening meal.

LA is not noted for its public transport network, and Century City is no exception. As far as I can tell, this hotel is not adjacent to the current extent of the new subway network. There are local buses, but I failed to decipher the bus trip planner web page (it seems to assume a lot of local knowledge).

The hotel has a car service that will take you to places within 3km or so of the hotel - included as part of your tariff. This includes the nearby Westfield Centre (a big shopping mall, including a comprehensive supermarket) - but this is only about 10 or so minutes' walk away, so you might consider this as some walking exercise (the neighbourhood seems quite safe). Also, Rodeo Drive is within the hotel car service area.

There's not a lot else handy so you will find yourself either using taxis (on tap at the door), driving yourself, or using tour buses (book via concierge). We rented a car for our last day - organised via concierge and delivered to the front door. Be ready for the valet parking charge, over USD $30 per night (but with in-out privileges). Taxis are actually relatively cheap and plentiful in LA (compared to what I am used to), unless you are going a long way.

All in all - the InterContinental Century City was an excellent way to help us get re-acquainted with Los Angeles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 2,957 reviews

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!