I rarely ever stay at an Intercontinental-seems like a dated chain! But when I had to stay in a hotel in Century City for a week, decided to test it out, after staying at the Hyatt many times. Was looking for a park and stay rate, but neither offered one. Other than that, base rate very similar. I decided to join Ambassador, figuring I'd like the comp upgrade, internet, water, etc, since I'm staying for a week, Requested early check in. Figured a 2p check in wouldn't be difficult, as a VIP-the front desk couldn't accommodate my early check in, even though the lobby wasn't busy or crowded. Didn't seem like much was going on! No one seemed to be paying attention to my request to check in early. Finally, I initiated a request, and told them I had to leave to make an appt, which I did. Finally, after fussing, they let me check in after 3p. After that I received two
separate phone calls, asking if my room had been cleaned? Then I ordered room service, which
was quite good, far superior to Hyatt. But after that, trying to rest and chill, I had two people
knocking on my door, when my privacy sign was on, one phone call from room service, trying to
deliver food again, and I was trying to sleep that whole time! Could you please get with the program???
After the annoying and not so accommodating check in, I had a very positive stay. Manicure at
spa was great, valet, pretty good, upgraded room, quite nice, but in all fairness, feel that the hotel
is dated and needs a redo.
But excellent, quiet location, nice lobby, public spaces. And decent service! After all that, I would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, IHG and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental