“Expensive for no particular reason”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #12 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New Haven, Connecticut
“Expensive for no particular reason”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my son stayed here a couple of months ago and for the most part I don't feel as though I got enough bang for my buck for the most part.

The main drawback was parking. They charge you about $36 dollars a day and if you lost your parking ticket, like I did at one point, they'll double charge you since they align your ticket number to your room #. When I checked out, something was wrong with the computer so the front desk guy informed me he could e-mail me the bill. To my surprise a couple hours later when I see the e-mail and saw that my credit card was charged $181 for a 3 night stay for parking. Anyways, after 3 different phone calls over a couple of weeks they finally refunded me the difference of what they owed me.

As far as the actual hotel, it's basically a standard US hotel in my eyes. More like a 3* establishment masquerading as a 4* due to name recogintion and reputation. The room I had was a decent size and had a small terrace that was pretty beat up for the most part. The best thing about the room was the bathroom which are huge and obviously recently renovated. Great shower, decent bed.

The service was pretty much non existance for the most part as well. Outside of the front desk clerk who I met when I checked out, I wasn't really impressed with the rest of the staff. They were a little too pretenious for my liking and goes for valet as well.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again unless it was for dirt cheap and/or I had no other options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DeityAllah
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear The_Deity,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback about our bathroom feature. I am sorry for any shortcomings you had experienced with our staff. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Despite your disappointment I hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aussie living in Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hadn't stayed in Century City before, but was very impressed with the Intercontinental. I stayed here on a work trip and really enjoyed my stay. I have stayed at the Intercon in Fiji before so had high expectations which the property delivered. The service from the staff was absolutely amazing. The rooms were quite large and the bathroom was huge with loads of room which I really liked. The breakfast here was very good and the location of the property is excellent with a Major shopping Mall down the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the start of a California trip while visiting friends in Beverly Hills.

Pros:
- great service, everyone is kind and helpful
- large, sunny room with huge bathroom (shower & tub- bonus!!)
- speedy room service that was delicious and surprisingly affordable
- beautiful lobby
- GORGEOUS pool area with comfy loungers and towels to sit by the pool or hot tub
- gym had a variety of machines and equipment and overlooked the pool
- balcony with sliding doors
- car service to take you where you need to go
- bed was super comfortable!
- quick walk to Century City mall

Cons:
- paying for wifi ... Come on. McDonald's has free wifi, so should the intercontinental.
- bathroom product was not fantastic. I expected better quality.
- patio chairs on the balcony were uncomfortable and rusty
- wallpaper had dings and tears
- no fridge?! So surprising. This also means no cold minibar, so good thing room service is quick if you want a cocktail
- you're not close to anything but the mall

My room looked into the parking lots and back of Fox Studios, which was pretty cool. You couldn't see anyone, but as an out-of-towner I still enjoyed it.

Overall, a pleasant stay and one I would come back to depending on the price.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent three nights and we ate out at a five star restaurants and wanted to put the leftovers in the fridge in our suite, which was chock full of stuff. The hotel team was great and provided us with a loaner fridge for the evening. Exceptional service! The overall service was excellent but the pancakes need work and the bacon needs to be "juicier".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff and a pretty decent location. It's not super close to Hollywood, but would be a great hotel for business travelers. All rooms have balconies and come with good TVs, a nice coffee machine, etc.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richierich84
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my partner. We had a corner suite room that was perfect for just the two of us. The bed was extremely comfortable. Check in did take a while, but once we were checked in, we were promptly escorted to our room. We didn't have a chance to try out the restaurant since we went out to eat in nearby Beverly Hills a lot, but it looked nice. The bar has a great ambience to it; as well as the outdoor area with a fire pit. Planning on staying again in a couple of weeks, when we are back in LA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamie P
Hazel Park, Michigan
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My buddy stayed here and said he didn't reallly care for the location but I thought it was ideal. It seemed secluded but was a short drive from practically anywhere. Beverly Hills was right around the corner, along with Sunset Blvd. and Santa Monica. The staff was friendly. Valet parking was mandatory and pricey. Over $30 a day, plus tipping. That can add up quickly. Didn't take advantage of the house car (wish I would've). Gym facility was nice but small. Too cold to use the pool. When we checked in our room wasn't ready which was surprising since we booked it so far in advance! After waiting an hour and a half we got to our upgraded room and it was very nice. Very large balcony with a view of Hollywood and L.A. Unfortunately the weather was cold and we couldn't really enjoy it the way we would've liked. The last night we were there they hosted the Los Angeles Film Critics Awards. I got an opportunity to see lots of celebrities. They had the red carpet rolled out and it was exciting to see it all firsthand. Definitely cool for a celeb nut like myself. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!