“Not for a business traveler”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 21, 2012

we stayed for 3 days, room nice and clean,nice balcony, watch the shower,it might burn you,it was changing from ice cold, to hot,spoke to house keeping,they couldn't help me, no business center the only computer they have,is standing in a closet and try to work from there

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David F
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear David F,
Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback after a recent stay. It's feedback like yours that helps us improve both our product and services. I am happy to learn you enjoyed one of our all guestroom balconies with spectacular views of Los Angeles and the cleanliness of the room met your expectations. However, please accept my apology if you were only made aware of our lobby kiosk, primarily used for small tasks such as printing a boarding pass. If your travels return you to the InterContinental Los Angeles - Century City, please be aware we offer business center services through our Concierges in addition, we offer a private VIP Lounge equipped with a PC and laptop with a multipurpose device for printing, scanning, and faxing. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.

Best Regards,

Dir of Room Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,080)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel is located very well in Century City with easy access to Beverly Hills and Hollywood. It is easy to find and the drive from the airport isn't difficult (save LA stop and go traffic). Check in was quick and painless and I was informed that as a Platinum Ambassador, I was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite, and when I went up to the room, VOSS water and a fruit basket were waiting for me as my welcome amenity. The valet was very efficient and friendly.

The suite itself was large and well furnished, and the bed was comfortable. I will say that the decor and furniture look worn, tired, and a little old, as does the bathroom which looks a little cheap. Tile and wallpaper are more reminiscent of a Holiday Inn than an IC.

My last night, I ate at the restaurant downstairs called "Park Grill". When I walked up, the Maitre d' was nowhere to be found, so I walked in and was greeted by the waiter who profusely apologized for my having to wait and proceeded by having me choose a table. I ate off the "tapas-style" menu and ordered a beer. The waiter brought me two tastes of beer for a blind taste test and asked me which I prefer. Upon my choice, he went about ordering me a glass from the bar, but the beer didn't make it from the empty bar to the empty restaurant for at least 5 minutes. Eventually I flagged down the bar tender and told him that the beer siting on his countertop was intended for me, at which point he brought it to my table. I ate two salads which were both excellent and was warmly sent off by my waiter. To summarize...poor reception, great waiter, very good food, decent value.

All in all, I enjoyed my 2 day stay at this property, and they honored the free internet for Platinum Ambassadors, so I had a good, fast internet connection at all times. Check out was painless.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Stephen P,
Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Los Angeles during your recent visit to Los Angeles. We are delighted to have you experience our Hotel and welcome all our guests' feedback. We take pride in recognizing our loyal Platinum Ambassador members and appreciate your business. My apologies on the delay of receiving you into our Park Grill Restaurant and delivery of the beer. I am very happy to learn our staff was friendly, professional, and expedited a timely check-out. Your comments will be shared with the staff as a training tool. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of servicing you on your return visit.

Dir of Room Operations

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last month -- after years of staying at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza -- I was forced to try something new when they were all booked. Luckily, my stars were aligned on Avenue of the Stars! I stayed at the Intercontinental and had a *fabulous* experience from start to finish for five reasons: 1) rate was very competitive for the area; 2) check in and out was smooth and easy with sweet and efficient staff ready to help; 3) when I politely inquired about a possible upgrade, one was offered at no additional cost; 4) the lobby was always lively, festive and fun and 5) best part -- the swimming pool is one of my all-time favorite places to do rooftop laps. What a treat in the evening to swim under the stars! I will definitely return to this hotel next time I am in LA -- a great hotel at a great price. Very good value!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When we arrived in the lobby of the hotel we were wow-ed. We loved the décor, the ambiance and the vibration. Check in was very efficient, although we were first downgraded from the room we reserved, when we found out and mentioned this to the reception, we got excuses and the room we reserved.
The one bedroom suite is large. We had a view over Fox studios. The room is classic and is not in balance (Style) with the lobby. The lobby is colorful and modern, the rooms are classic and bit outdated. The wow effect was gone in the room.

Our bathroom did not have a sink, this was in the bedroom where there is also carpet, this is not very hygienic. The living room is large and comfortable. It contained a sofa and chairs. The curtains are full with holes.

Dining in the restaurant was good. They serve a tapas menu. We did not like breakfast, it was very expensive for the quality you get. No normal bread, no eggs to order, coffee that tasted like water. When we asked for other coffee they did not want to bring this.
Gym is good, the sauna is also good, but we missed the rest area.

Check out was the most efficient check out ever. When we asked for the car Valet brought is, but nobody was there to help with the luggage. The valet staff and doormen were busy counting the tips they received.

Location of the hotel is in a quiet neighborhood. Rodeo drive, Santa Monica etc are very good reachable from the hotel.

Hope the hotel will upgrade the rooms to more modern, then this hotel can be one of the top hotels in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Spacious rooms with balcony overlooking century city were nice. Free wifi in the lobby area and car service which was available regularly. It also does pick up which I think is unique. The only negative is that I wish the rooms were a little more modern. They have Ipod speakers and such, but things like the carpet and furniture weren't really the modern taste I was looking for. Overall, nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am giving this hotel 5 stars, which I rarely do. I've stayed here about 12 times over the past 8 years. I recently stayed for 3 nights at the end of November. This hotel is centrally located to downtown Los Angeles and the Staples Convention Center, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly, the hotel is well staffed. Very little wait time for anything. The reception, guest services, room service, fitness/pool, dining at the restaurant and bar, and valet are all services I used. They responded immediately and with friendliness.
The restaurant is very good; the bar is excellent, serving terrific food and unique drinks in a lovely yet calm atmosphere. The pool is divine. They open the pool at 5 am. This was important to me due to my meetings. It is very tranquil and has a spacious area with alcove. Don't hesitate to try it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Balcony overlooking pool