“Excellent - Front Desk Staff Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #20 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent - Front Desk Staff Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I checked in today and was very surprised as to how nice this particular InterContiental was. I have stayed at several other locations primarily in Toronto but this is one of the nicer properties.

Additionally, Ed at the front desk was great upon checking in. He was very knowledgeable about the area and also followed up with me after I was in my room to ensure that I was satisfied.

Definitely would recommend this hotel and you will enjoy the location and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed at the InterCon for a wedding in the LA area. Overall, we found the service to be very good - particularly the concierge and room service. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is a very corporate hotel, but it was well-located for our needs.

My biggest gripe was that the hotel was lacking in maid service. We stayed three nights and only once was our trash emptied; we felt like they sort of phoned it in. If I were to stay there again, I'd be a little more active about making sure they clean all they are supposed to.

The gym is pretty nice, but the women's locker room could use an upgrade - I was unable to use the steam room or sauna b/c it didnt get warm enough and the attendant said both rooms were already on thier highest setting. I've heard very good things about the spa treatments, but skip the steam/sauna. The pool is also nice, but nothing interesting.

It was a huge help to have the car service that drops you up to 1.5 miles from the hotel -- this gets you to the Westfield Mall - which has a very nice selection of shops. It was a nice answer to constantly taking your car our of valet -- which also can get pricey w/constant tipping.

I would say the rooms are a bit dated, but perfectly nice. We stayed in 628, which has great light - nice balcony, but it overlooked the Fox lot - not terribly interesting.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and/corner room for really good light. If you can, make use of the car service...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank townsend416
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for 10 nights and had a great time we arrived from a long flight and the check in process was so easy and the staff were very helpful the roon was great and clean and they also provide a house car to take you to and from the hotel on a first come first serve basis but I think we only had to wait once for it and that was only for 10 mins the breakfast was a bit over priced for what it was but the guys on the desk recommended a fantastic place called John o'groats which was just round the corner and we just used to jump in the house car every morning ang go simples. Also taxi cabs are always just outside and the hotel is on a tourist bus route , we had a great time and Would defo stay again .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed at the InterContinental for 1 night in feb 2010. Nice big room with 2 queensize beds on the 10 floor with a nice view. Bathroom with seperate shower and bath tub. Very helpful staff at the front desk. A short walk to Westfield mall, with a nice selection of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Petter L
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Just checked in last night, and decided to stay another night.

I have probably stayed at this hotel 30 times over the past 7 years or so. THis hotel was formerly a Park Hyatt, and has changed very little since the conversion to Intercontinental a few years ago.

The rooms are comfortable and very clean. Beds are awesome. The decor is a bit dated though, being much the same as when then i first stayed here many years ago. There seems to be a clash of styles between the VERY traditional feel of the hotel rooms and suites....and the more contemporary decor updates (cheap) that were added to the lobby and exterior a couple years ago. Leaves me wondering what this hotel is trying to be???
LED wall washers behind the front desk change the color of the back wall like a "W" property of similar. Doesnt fit with the rest of the hotel. Other visual clashes make less sense. Intercontinental usually has a more seamless design......

Pool has a nice, large deck...although again could use a bit of updating. Seems a bit 80's, as does the gym. Again, everything is clean....works well... but it is dated.

Restaurant was fine for breakfast....great. Thats the only thing i tried there, as there are SO many wonderful dining options outside.

The location is great, almost residential. Just south of Century City on Avenue of the Stars...the Mall is a short walk on a nice day. Great proximity to Beverly Hills and all Highways. Quiet.

I was not so impressed with the Concierge, as he seemed a bit rushed, and gruff. The hotel has a car that will take you anywhere in close proximity of the hotel, and i inquired yesterday morning to use the car to head to Beverly Hills. I called downstairs to ask the Concierge about using the car at 9:30 yesterday morning. I was told "Car Service begins at 10:00". OK....i proceeded to ask how i reserve the car: "Car Service starts at 10:00" and is 'first come first serve". Where do i meet, or inquire" "Car service starts at 10:00....in the lobby". OK, i got it. He was short, gruff....and i wanted to shout " I got (expletive omitted)...the car service starts at 10:00, I'm not stupid." I bit my tongue not to rip his head off verbally. I really was not impressed with the concierge then, or later when i when to get the car. Again, he probably had a tough morning.....we all do.

In short, i like this hotel...but i dont LOVE it, and i usually LOVE intercontinental.

Room Tip: The hotel is has a huge number of suites. The suites offer 2 rooms, and a huge bath with separate s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JamesE339
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed at The Intercontinental Century City during my trip to LA in January 2012. It was a pleasant experience - since I booked the hotel by calling them up, the staff was cordial enough to provide me with the best room possible - booking for smooth and easy, check in was equally smooth - they knew of my arrival in advance and my room was neat and clean. I was on the 4th floor and my room gave me a great view of the city. The service at the hotel was quick, the food was good whereas I found the bar to be bit more expensive than normal standards - however the hotel's proximity to the Westfield Shopping Place (I hope I am remembering the correct name) is a blessing - you get everything there from food to drinks and even grocery and other shopping needs. I had a complimentary internet service at my room, which was a blessing for me.

Room Tip: Ask them for a room on the higher floor facing the Hollywood sign.......its worth it
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nitinkalra
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

was promised a room with 2 queen beds but ended up with 2 doubles. Arrived from a long flight at 12, the front desk said that our room will be ready for us at 1:30, at 3:00 it was still not finished. Key card hardly ever worked. Excellent maids except when they took away my contact lens case.. I was expecting free wifi since the room was expensive but sadly not.. the wifi didnt work anyway and when i called how to work the internet they sent me through to an internet support. i was talking to them for an hour and after that the internet still didnt work. The front desk service was poor.. there were holes in the net curtains, the phone by the desk didnt work.....
I will never stay at the Intercontinental again because of the high price for bad rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Christian M
InterContinentalLA, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Christian,

We really appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay and deeply apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

We take all feedback very seriously and will look into and address the matters of concern. If you would like to contact us directly regarding this matter, please email iclareplies@ihg.com.

With kind regards,

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#17 of 347 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 stars 2,960 reviews

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!