“Interesting Place to Visit, Lots of Clothes”

Melrose Trading Post
Ranked #137 of 559 things to do in Los Angeles
MA
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Interesting Place to Visit, Lots of Clothes”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Visited on a recent hot Sunday (bring water!). Found parking easily. Bathrooms clean. Lots of vintage clothing and racks and racks of teeny tiny cut-off jeans. Prices not the cheapest, but given the location, not surprising. I expected more vintage furniture and vintage home décor items, but there weren't that many furniture vendors. It was interesting for one visit, but I'm not sure I would return quickly. Better prices and more fun hunting at yard sales and thrifts.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BooKat

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fun and funky Sunday morning”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went with my teen daughter - what an adventure! We went fast and still spent nearly three hours wandering the aisles. Not always a bargain but many stalls were well-curated with vintage clothing/shoes/accessories, costume jewelry, repurposed furniture...and a few food options too.

Park a few blocks back and walk in (double check parking restrictions on the signs!) , it's alot easier than dealing with the lot.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank VousAllez
Melbourne, Australia
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“DO IT!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

What a great way to start our sunday.

CIVIL coffee was heaven, the stalls were wonderful and the plethora of choice is amazing... If only i had tons of space to take it home to AUS. Definitely a must do if you're in the LA area on a sunday.

We strolled for a few hours, chatting to locals and inspecting all their was... Needless to say, I will be going back this may.

Happy exploring!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rohan E
Preston, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Essential trading at the Trading Post”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I planned to visit Melrose Avenue on a Sunday, not knowing about the Trading Post. You pay $2 (I think) to enter the car parks of Fairfax High School which have been transformed into a wonderful world of vintage clothing, jewellery, art work, antique and retro furniture etc. I had a fab time wandering around and picked up a 70s vintage prairie dress for much less than I would have paid on ebay. If you're into this kind of scene then a trip is essential.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank northerngrrl
Helendale, California
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Interesting mix of prices, items, and visitors”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was the first time I have been to the Melrose Trading Post - although for years I have always thought of it as the Fairfax High School Swap Meet. Passed by the place many, many times but never stopped. This was my first visit. What I found interesting about this swap meet was the variety of prices and the variety of items available for purchase. Some items were grossly overpriced (in my head), and other items which I would think I'd be paying top dollar for were well within anyone's budget. Not nearly as large as the Rose Bowl Swap Meet or the Pasadena City College Swap Meet (held in their multi-level parking gargage!), but certainly someplace I'll be frequenting again in the future. Lots of interesting items - an undocumented prop from "some Charlton Heston movie" to hand made wooden eyeglass frames to vintage clothing to almost anything you could imagine. I'm glad I didn't take a lot of cash with me as I'm sure I could have easily emptied my money clip. Oh, and we were fascinated at the variety of interesting food that was available in the "food court." Not your standard hot dogs and yellow-sludged nacho chips. Next time I go back will certainly be to try some of the food selections. Parking is free, but $2 entry to the swap meet - which support Fairfax High School programs.

Visited October 2012