“So-so”

Travelodge Sylmar CA
Ranked #200 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hollister, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very clean Iooks to be remoded. Had a great stay will do it again soon. Pool still needs work but kind of cold this time of year anyway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank Keith P
MURRIETA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This property is still a wok in progress. It isn't any better than when we were there a year ago. A handicap was requested, confirmed. When we arrived it was not a handicap ready room. I called the desk regarding the room and said we needed to be moved to a handicap room and was told they didn't have any. I then requested a riser seat for the toilet and he didn't know what I was talking about. I explained what it was and he said he would check. Next a nice man from their staff came, saw the bathroom and siad that it was not a handicap room. Offered to move us to one of the 2 available handicap rooms. I told him that the man at the desk they didn't have any. He took my husband to see the rooms and were moved. We will never stay there again even if we have to drive further. If they want to have return customers, they better stop the lies. We are not the stupid, just seniors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Hendersonville
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The continential breakfeast was poorly arranged, menu selection & coffee horrible. The entrance of Hotel hasn't any decoration deco, computer access missing in lobbly, fireplaces board closed.

No Hotel accessories, pool dirty discoloration cloudy & un-inviting. Exterior building need painting and parking lot swept. No gym (excerise equipment). No lobby music, cold environment.

Employee's not customer friendly or uniformed for Wyndham Presentation.

Room clean and appearance presentable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We drove here from Yosemite, approx. 6 hours. When we arrived, we were immediately concerned...there were a total of two cars in the whole parking lot!!! That was very eerie! Then we thought, well maybe everyone is at Magic Mountain? When we walked into the lobby it was very quiet and no one was standing at the front desk (it was 3 p.m....typical check in time). Just as I was about to walk out, a gentleman walked out and got us checked in....no problems there. The hotel seemd to be in a state of a major renovation...more than half of the doors were covered in plastic and the rooms gutted. We got to our room and found it to be very well appointed, with cherry wood finishings. Unfortunately, the advertised fridge and microwave were missing, as it seemed the room was just finished recently. The front door to the room had a huge gap between the sides and bottom, so geckos could come in. The bathroom was really nice and the water pressure, perfect. Soon after we checked in, my daughter and I went down to get refreshed in the pool. There were a total of two chairs (not lounges) and one table. The pool was refreshing, but a little dirty with leaves, etc...but that happens...
Around 5:00 p.m. a huge semi pulled up in the parking lot, right next to the pool, and several guys and two women started partying...right there in the parking lot! My husband was very uncomfortable with this and kept checking on us from the room (which overlooked the pool. Later on into the evening, after we got back from dinner, the parking lot then had around 15 cars in it...a bit better!
The breakfast included in the stay was not worth even going down for...pre-packaged muffins, juice and coffee. Again...no one was down there!!! But I do have to say the recent renovations were beautiful.
All in all, I think that once this hotel is all completed, it will be a very nice one, and I would consider staying again...it was approximately 15 minutes to Six Flags Magic Mountain, and the huge Valencia Town Center mall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinggirl1968
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I reserved/prepaid a non-smoking/2 Queen bed online directly from the Travelodge site for $85+. I selected 2 adults & 2 children. Upon arriving @ the motel, the night manager asked for our ID/cc, he then proceeded to swipe the cc & had my husband sign. I have stayed in other pre-paid hotels & never had the clerk swipe my cc, only check to see if the id/cc matched the reservation. I asked for a receipt, he said 1 will be given @ checkout. We went back to the car, got our bags & coming back in noticed 2 flipped-over roaches in the lobby near the pamphlets & one in the elevator. Upon entering the room, we noticed a "handicap assistance" buzzer outside of the room next to our door. (This was later pushed 2x throughout the night waking us up with a flashing red light & a 10 sec loud buzz similar to service elevator bell. On the 2nd time, we called down to the office & no one answered.) The room had a musty air-conditioner smell & no toilet paper, just the roll with left-over scraps. There were 2 hand towels, 2 wash clothes & 1 FULL BODY towel for 4 guests. I went down to ask for paper & additional towels, he said that he will send someone up with the paper(1 roll by the way) but towels are an additional fee. There was no sanitary plastic wrap for the ice bucket & you could tell that it had been used before. There were ants against the tub wall, the tub slowly drains & to top it off no hot water. Yup, NO HOT WATER!! There is nothing better than taking a shower @ 5am in freezing cold water & standing in it too. The water knob stops between cold & warm so you know its not a water heater issue, you just cannot get hot water. Oh, and the "free continental breakfast"? Cereal/warm milk in a carafe/stale, hard sliced bread/whole fruit/juice/tea/coffee/ pre-packaged muffins. In my state, it is a health code violation to serve warm milk & stale bread. To top it all off, no receipt was given to me on check out. I asked & was "read" my charges. I am currently in the process of having my cc bank look into any possible double charges.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HaveSpoonWillTravel
Carson
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is located just off the 210 Freeway in north Sylmar, California. I stayed here three nights and found the hotel clean with nice furniture and convenient to the Freeway, but quiet as well. There is a small pool and play area. The staff were friendly. The rate was good. Breakfast offered cereal, apples, OJ and muffins and toast.

On the Con side, there was no coffee maker, fridge or microwave in the room, and just one issue of soap and shampoo (for the two of us, which I guess is OK but modest). There is coffee in the lobby which was a short walk from our room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple