Comfort Inn & Suites Near Universal - N. Hollywood - Burbank
Ranked #120 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 25, 2012

For the very reasonable price, this place goes above and beyond my expectations! Room and lobby seemed newly remodeled, and there was even a complimentary granola bar and bottled water waiting in my room for me...definitely never seen that at a Choice Hotel brand before! The surrounding area isn't the best, but you could do a heck of a lot worse in LA! I wouldn't recommend walking a lot of places, but its very convenient to whatever you'd want to do/see in North Hollywood. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2012

rooms smelled and beds were not comfortable. Good service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John Y
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Nice place close to everything comfortable beds problem is if next door to you are loud partiers you can hear through the walls, if location is most important this is good choice
Only couple miles from Universal studios & CBS Studio City

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

when you arrive and the desk person is asleep in the lobby. Your instinct is confirmed when you receive your room key and it was from the Holiday Inn Express. When you asked about the elevator and was told "it's outside, behind the lobby," it added another measure of discomfort, particularly when it was behind doors that are apparently locked in the nighttime hours. Then you noticed the 'movie theatre' or 'bank tellers' window between the lobby and the elevator doors. WOW, where am I?

After driving 475 miles and being tired we decided to venture up to our 3rd floor room. Large enough, but unlike other Comfort Suites (we had stayed at a Comfort Suites in Sacramento the night before- fine place), no Fridge or microwave and a carpet that may not have been cleaned in 20 years. We dared not try the breakfast.

Fortunately, we had not prepaid for our 5 nights so we escaped the next morning to a Marriott Suites in Burbank.

Are there worse places? Probably, but this is pretty far down the list.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank efband
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have to admit that when I drove up to this hotel I was making a mental note of other hotels I had driven by in case I needed to stay at them - I think I drove by three or four adult bookstores on the way from the Burbank Airport . . . most of the buildings nearby are not in good condition and the whole area is dingy . . .

The lady that was supposed to check me in was a lot more interested in talking with her friends on the phone and took two fairly long phone calls during the 10 minutes I was standing in front of her . . . when she finished the last one I had to remind her that she was checking me in . . .

That said, though, the hotel itself is fine for the one night stop over I am doing - but if you have a family or like to go out after dark this is probably not the place for you . . .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank raffin
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at this motel for 3 nights so we could spend 2 full days at Universal Studios which are less than 5 miles down Lankershim Blvd. (no need for the freeways). The staff was very friendly, our room was clean, and the breakfast area was roomy and more than adequate. They served hot eggs, sausage, waffles, and the usual assortment of cereals, fruit, etc. A stack of complimentary Wall Street Journal was at the front desk every morning. Parking is inside under the motel with some degree of security since the office is at the street entrance to the parking area. Lankershim Blvd. has a wide variety of restaurants within a few blocks of the motel. A Burger King and a large grocery store are directly across the street. We would certainly stay here again if we were in the area. There is an indoor pool which we did not use.

Room Tip: We asked for a got a room on the top floor in the back away from busy Lankershim Blvd.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil P
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We want to stay over from our Hotel were we stay but no available room at that time. They refer us to this Comfort Inn. The rate is very reasonable & the location is not that far from Universal. Free parking & breakfast too.

Room Tip: Rooms in this Hotel is clean from the moment you open the door
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple