“Great beers and awesome sliders”
Review of Prohibition Burgers & Beer - CLOSED

Prohibition Burgers & Beer
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place opened up slow but keeps getting better every time I go. Beer is always different and the burgers are pretty good. My fav is Frank Costello. Atmosphere could use a little more Prohibition theme, but im still liking this place

There are newer reviews for Prohibition Burgers & Beer

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is an odd one for me I keep going back and forth did I like it didn't I lol. I loved the garlic fries and the mac n cheese appetizers I loved the atmosphere the bluegrass music and the speakeasy feel. I even loved my beer which I can't usually find one I like. The problem was the waitress who was more interested in the taking to the guy at the bar and the burgers they were juicy and perfectly cooked the condiments fresh but the meat was bland, good quality, I'm sure but just no seasoning and it is a burger and beer place so you know I want a properly seasoned burger. Also they have this 5 dollar of special on their site but I texted to get it and no reply to either my text or my husbands and then we're told well it must be old well the update your site or at least text me back saying it's no longer valid. I guess that in writing this I've figured it out I'd rather drive four hours to get great service a great burger and cocktail at burger bar in Vegas then to go back to this place.

1  Thank Darin_and_Christi
Reviewed February 3, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! First off, I had purchased a Groupon a couple of months back for their Secret Menu Taster for two with two sliders, garlic fries, cheese platter, and two beer flights for $22. I thought this was a great deal until I tried using the Groupon. The first time I tried using the Groupon back in November they stated that I needed to make reservations, so they did not allow me to use it. So we ended up just eating their and having their regular menu. I thought, "sure, i'll just be making reservations a couple of months later, it won't be a problem." Little did I know...I tried making reservations on Feb 2nd and called them at 12:30pm. No one answered and they said to leave a message if I wanted to make reservations with my name, number and time in which I wanted the reservations to be at and they would call me back to confirm. I made the reservations for 8-9:30pm but never received a call back so I decided, "fine, I'll just wait till tomorrow and try to make reservations then". So on Feb 3rd, I called them at 12:54pm and a woman picked up the phone to take reservations. I stated that I wanted to make reservations for tonight at 8:30pm and gave her my name. She said, "ok, that's fine." I told her, "oh, I have a Groupon", in which she hesitated and said..."oh, ok..." after a long pause and said that she had me down for 8:30pm. At 8pm we headed to the restaurant and was stuck in traffic and ended up at the restaurant at 8:45pm. As we walked in, the sign at the reception table said..."take a seat anywhere". So we took a seat and when our waitress came up we told her we had a reservation at 8:30pm with a Groupon. She hesitated and said..."oh, let me go check." She came back and said..."we have no reservations at that time." I was shocked! I said, I called earlier and I have it logged on my phone and had spoke with a woman who took my name and what time it was for. Our waitress said..."well, we don't have it logged down." I said, "well, we're here for the Groupon", in which she said..."we need reservations in order to give you what's on the Groupon, but we'll be able to have you use this deal that we have for $32." I was like..."WTF?!?!" I explained to her that I had called and she said..."oh, I don't doubt you, but if you want to you speak to my manager." I said, "ok, let me speak to them, cause it just seems as though you guys don't want to accept my Groupon". So the manager comes over, and says, "what's the problem?" I said, "I have a Groupon and made reservations, yet you guys are stating that I do not have reservations and now it just seems like you guys don't want to accept the Groupon that I had purchased." She then tells me..."well, you guys are late for your reservations and someone else has used it." I was like..."excuse me? you gave my reservation to someone else?!?! But, how? It was under MY name!" She said, "Well, we don't have those things available without reservations." I said..."are you kidding me?!?!, we HAD reservations!" She said, "well you could always get the $32 menu that we have". I was like..."I paid for the Groupon, why would I be getting the $32 menu?" I was really upset at this point and did not want anything from them considering they did not call me back the day before and after I had made the reservations, she kept on stating that I had not. They would have probably spit on my food if I had said..."yes, I want the $32 menu", after making a fuss out of the Groupon that I am not able to use.

I am really upset with Prohibition Burgers and they will NEVER see me at their restaurant ,ever, again. I am also going to be calling Groupon and letting them know that this restaurant is not accepting the Groupons that they had signed up for. This is totally unacceptable for an establishment. The manager was also very rude and did not help us or tell us what was going on with their Groupon deal.

Do not go here...there are so many other places that are better established.

Go to UMAMI BURGER!

1  Thank SPCYTYE
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love love e coming to this restaurant. I'm a vegetarian, so I always order their veggie burger slider with fries and basically any beer they recommend. The bartenders know their beers, just ask what goes well with what. Everyone is super nice here..... Did I mention how good their food is. The fries is to die for!!!!! Must try!!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ate at Prohibition last night for the first time. It's got a "prohibition era" theme to it. The menu is mostly appetizers, salads and burgers. They have a good line up of maybe 20 draught beers. Our food was very good and the service was also good. Each of our burgers was priced around $10.