“Dream trip for an American Girl Doll love”

American Girl Place
Ranked #17 of 223 Shopping in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went here for my daughter's bday. It was GREAT. We also dined at the Cafe and had a bday celebration. I actually enjoyed the lunch/cafe. We had 3 girls and 2 adults. The upgrade bday price is expensive but I think it's worth it - each girl gets a goodie bag and the dessert/cake was fantastic. Get to the store at opening if you can - much less crowded. We did the 11 am lunch which I recommend b/c we looked, ate, purchased and were out of there in 3 hours with plenty of shopping at the Grove afterwards.

5  Thank Lauren H

Reviewed December 28, 2012

With four granddaughters, this should be one of my favorite places; but sadly it is not. If I were to review the Cafe independent of the store I would give it zero stars. The store alone I would give four stars. Tried the cafe three times, three bad experiences, will not dine there ever again. The cafe is reservation only with set seating times. You wait in an area with too few chairs for your seating time. Not fun with active and restless little girls and no activities to keep them busy while waiting. Huge cattle call when the doors open. Since everyone is seated at the same time, you may be unlucky enough to have extended wait for drinks and appetizers. The appetizers are a joke. Tiny skewers of fruit and vegetables and minuscule little sweet buns. My four year old granddaughter does not have a big appetite and it wasn't enough for her. We were promised extras, that showed up after we finished eating.. Lunch took forever to arrive each time we visited and was a huge disappointment. The pizza is about as good as store bought frozen. The picnic lunch of mini hot dog and hamburger had the taste and texture of microwaved snacks. Salad featured processed pre-cooked chicken and was not as appetizing as what you'd find at a fast food restaurant. Macaroni and cheese was lukewarm and flavorless. The decor is charming, prices are high, food is awful, and service is comparable to a high school cafeteria. I kept thinking I just visited on the wrong day, but three strikes, this place is out! last time we visited the store we had a festive lunch afterward at Maggiano's right around the corner. Cost was roughly the same but the food and service was 100% better. Sad that a store with such high quality dolls has such low standards for food and service.

3  Thank 3SBTraveler
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This store is ENOURMOS!!!!!!!!! Three levels of complete fun. Absolutley a little girl's dream. I took my daughter here for her birthday to get a doll and to have a birthday meal at the Cafe. She LOVED it and was super excited when she saw the store. She ran right in. She purchased her ninth doll and she bought clothing and furniture. She got a picture of her and her doll on a souviner issue of the American Girl Magazine at the Photo Studio, got her doll's ears pierced at the salon, shopped, and then we went to the American Girl Cafe, the food was delicious and there were little Treat Seats, cups, and saucers for the dolls. The food was excellent and the wait staff was friendly. YOU MUST GO HERE IT'S AMAZING DON'T HESITATE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Emily F
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This place is out of control. It is a must see. It is 2 levels of dolls and accessories. Dolls are $105 and accessories range for $8 to $60. There is a cafe which looks like a giant doll house and the meals were surprisingly good. The grove shopping strip is great to see as well.

3  Thank Coconut_dog
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My 9-year-old loves to look at all the cool products and it makes her feel so happy when she leaves with a big red bag full of treasures. She saves her allowance and loves to spend here!

2  Thank Stacy F