“First time visit for lifelong fan”
Review of Dodger Stadium

Ranked #27 of 580 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Visiting Dodger stadium was a dream come true for our lifelong Dodgers fan who had never been to the stadium or the city of LA. What a thrill it was. The fact that the ballpark is still going strong for the many years of the franchise's tenure in LA, and still looks fantastic says a lot about the pride of the loyal base of Dodger fans. I liked the fact that its design reflected the land on which it sits, and that it has a unique Southern California feel - for a stadium should belong to its fans and their city in every way. My Dodger Dog was quite tasty. There weren't too many food hawkers in the seats, unlike most of the major league parks I have been in, so one did have to get up to get food. Not a big deal for us, but might be an issue for others. We were there for Friday night fireworks too, and the opportunity for fans to walk on the field for the fireworks was unbelievable to me. What a great show and sheer pleasure to watch the children dance on the field to the music being played! Paying for reserved parking was an extremely good idea, and getting there early and leaving as late as possible really helped us get out of the parking lot without any hassles. The real star though was the team and the game -- for we watched a great and storied franchise defend the top of their division -- while being part of a memorable night for a lifelong fan that had the time of his life.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We did a ballpark trip with another family of die-hard basball fans and started with Dodger Stadium. I was very impressed with how clean, bright and fun the stadium was. It was pretty retro, which I love. My friend has MS so we had accessible seating. We had bought a parking pass and along with her handicap parking tag, the crew directed us to a spot right outside where our seats were. She scootered in with ease, to find our seats were right there! no elevator needed. They nailed it. The other dad was a bit disenchanted with the fans, saying they had no interest in the actual game. Either way I thought it was a great experience. Beautiful backdrop of the palm trees, mountains, etc.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great place to watch a good Dodger's game!
hotdog and beer and all different kinds of drinks were great plus most of the brand new restaurant that opened up were different being a ballpark that it is.
Overall Magic did a great thing changing the Stadium around, OH yea lot of security!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

As a die-hard Mets fan, I was thrilled that they were in town the same time I was, playing the Dodgers on the weekend! Went on a Friday night, which also was fireworks night!

We got there at around 5 for a 7:10 game, so driving into there was no problem. My mom and I were wearing our Mets attire, so we expected dirty looks and people saying things to us off the bat, since usually when you visit another ballpark that's what you get. But actually, Dodger fans are really nice! The people in our section joked with us the whole game, especially when I was loud cheering for the Mets, but of course the Mets lost so in the end they were cheering louder.

There are a LOT of stairs and steps in this stadium, obviously because it's one of the older ones. If you can't do stairs, it's a tough one.

Prices of good and drinks were the standard pricey fare (about 10 for a beer, 5 for a water bottle, etc). I was surprised that not that many vendors came around out section (we were field level on the third base side). Had to leave my seat to get a beer and if I wanted something other than ice cream or cotton candy, which was weird. Didn't try a Dodger dog, I'm not a fan of hot dogs, but I did see a huge helmet bowl of nachos I would have loved to try, but couldn't find a stand selling it anywhere close to my seats, which was disappointing.

I loved the postgame fireworks show, and was amazed that they let fans on the field for it!!!

Overall we had a really fun night at a different ballpark, it can use some upgrades, especially escalators, but otherwise a really fun time. And they NEED to do something about leaving the parking lot. It took us about 20 minutes just to leave our spot, probably a total of 45 minutes to get out of the lot. I know traffic was bad in LA but I would never expect the worst of it was leaving a ballpark.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Loved the old classic feel and charm of Dodger Stadium! The food was the typical baseball food and they do it well. The dodger dog was great, was the longer dog hanging off the ends of the bun. Farmer John did good! Loved the scoreboards/screens being not the typical rectangle shape and having the diamond flair. The views are fantastic and access is easy. A great experience!