“Great access to Downtown Los Angeles”
Review of Royal Pagoda Motel

Ranked #159 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel offers free WiFi, parking, micro, frig. Easy walk to downtown, city center and Union Station (with numerous connections to any part of LA). Staff friendly and accommodating, easy access to 110 Freeway, supermarkets close by and numerous restaurants, bakeries, coffee outlets to satisfy all one's cravings.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EasyTrvln
baseboy, Manager at Royal Pagoda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for choosing our property.

There are newer reviews for Royal Pagoda Motel

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed in this motel for one night. The reception was a Chinese guy who barely could speak english. The room and bathroom were so dull and dirty. I could hardly connect to wifi. The only positive point is the location of the motel, which is close to the main train station. I also had problem with getting taxi(again, reception couldn't get his word across to the taxi company), so after waiting 20 minutes, I had to walk to the train station. I would not recommend this motel at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

I'm sorry with your experience at our property. We have started a new training program for the front desk clerk to help with their English skills. I hope you give us another chance to earn your business.

Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

For people and families who want to stay and walk around and eat in Chinatown its OK but in this Motel I definetly WOULD NOT RECOMMEND to my friends because first of all the rooms are smelly after you spent overnight your entire body beging to itch.

Do not go in person and make a reservation in the front desk because tthey will rip you off right in your face may be if you reserve your room online are cheapper but anyway I don't like front desk attitude.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I'm sorry about your experience with our property. In the future, please ask the front desk to change rooms for you. They will gladly accomodate this service. Sometime, rates differ because of events in our area.

The best way to reserve your room is through our web page.

Regarsds,

Royal Pagoda Motel.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I found this hotel while searching for something near Downtown. It is in Chinatown and has Free Internet & Free Parking. The Room is Great! It is freshly Painted with a very comfortable bed and Fridge. For LA this Price & location can't be beat. It is near all the Major Freeways and very clean. The bathroom is small and only has a shower but really you cannot expect the Ritz at this price. Quiet, Staff has been nice & location is Excellent. All in all I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank diamond6Phoenix_AZ_

Thank you for staying with us. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This motel was absolutely horrible. When we got there the staff was rude and hardly spoke English, we asked if we could have an iron and they said we had to make a down payment of 25$ on it. The room was horrendously tiny and reeked of smoke. The bathroom was filthy, I had to wear flip flops in the shower because I was afraid to go in with my bare feet. It was so small, they was literally no room to walk. The pillow cases hasn't been washed and had stains all over them. The sheets too were dirty and spotted. It was a nasty, dingy, dirty place and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank Bre S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room may be a bit small, but it is clean and inexpensive. The room has a mini fridge, closet, and desk. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and parking is free. Excellent value and I never felt unsafe in the neighborhood. p.s. the old Chinese guy was not rude, maybe a little hard of hearing but never rude.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank michele l
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The rooms are small and dated. The customer service is non-existent. However, for the price, it was what I anticipated. I was curious because of the Chinatown location and the Royal Pagoda's history. The Pagoda's "golden era" has long passed.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor to avoid some noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business