“Best Christmas Eve in a looooong time”
Review of Candy Cane Lane

Candy Cane Lane
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Christmas Eve in a looooong time”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went Christmas Eve 2012.. it was great! A house even had Santa nd his elves to pictures with. Traffic was crazy! Me and my girl parked on Oxnard and winnetka nd just walked the neighborhood. It was cold, but I recommend walking because u can see more things. Not all the houses were decorated I'd say 60-70% were. I felt like a kid again looking at all the lights. Great experience!

4 Thank l56carter

Palmdale, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth it? Based on 2011 Dec 23 visit, that is a Big N-O!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went last year 2011. Biggest disappointment. Don't understand the other reviews. Maybe it was the time I went. Couple days before Christmas. Perhaps the homeowners were protesting or something. There was traffic down the street, but no lights to mention. Seen much better places. Dont understand how they got the landmark sign. Perhaps living on past glories? I wasn't the only car making the cruising up and down the street. It was a bust. Might give it another chance this year. I did not take pictures it was such a let down. I often take lots of pictures. 2012, one more chance. Maybe.

2 Thank galahad17
Los Angeles, California
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Kids love the lights!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Worth the visit! I've been taking my kids here year after year for about ten years now. Although not as many houses are participating, it's still fun for the kids to see the lighted houses and extravagant Christmas decorations. My tips are to go during the weeknights and avoid weekends. Go about two weeks before Christmas to see most houses lit. Drive with your low beams on once you enter Candy Cane Lane....and finally, put some Christmas music on to get into the spirit!

3 Thank Caroline L
Lawton, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice but very crowded”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We always go there when we are there at Christmas, lots of beautiful displays and nice homes to see, but the traffic is not worth the time sometimes.

1 Thank popcrnluvr
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Legendary, Christmas lights.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have been going to this Christmas light display as long as I can remember. It was a can't wait for Christmas, Just to get into the van and wanting to see Santa at the corner giving out Candy canes to every car went by. I live in Vegas, NV. Now and take the 5 hour ride to Woodland Hills just for the light display. Their is light display here in Vegas, but when you grow up near Woodland Hills, and you now have kids, you would show what decorating means for Christmas block after block after block. . and the funnel cake truck is the best. . So what we do is right to the funnel cake truck first fill up every one with hot chocolate and funnel cakes and then start from the end to the beginning it just makes it easier with traffic. It does get pack fast. The most I love about this is that you can roll down your windows let the kids be kids, Lots of people and young children yelling out Merry Christmas to cars and some passing out candy canes. . it's a few hours of what kindness that's hard to find now a days. I say it's so much fun to get out of the house or town and get the kids together for family time again. The only thing is that their is no restrooms, or I have not seen any yet. But just around the corner are places that you can. CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!! EVERY YEAR THEIR ARE SO MANY NEW THINGS AND THEMES AND YOU ALSO HAVE YOUR OLD THAT BRING BACK THE FAMILY MEMORIES. . . THEIR IS THIS ONE HOUSE THAT HAS BEEN DOING THE SAME THING FOR YEARS AND I LOVE IT. . IT BRINGS BACK MY FATHER IN MY MEMORIES.

5 Thank Jcy J