“Great LAX location”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #45 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rooms are large, the shuttle runs on time ( and just for Marriott and Marriott Courtyard guests), and parking is easy. Their in house bistro does a good job but has limited hours so be aware. The desk personnel ( and Carlos in particular) strive to help you with whatever your situation. We went to the re-opened Encounter Restaurant...the old central "Space Ship" for a surprisingly good dinner that it is within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tootbelle

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My room at this hotel was absolutely beautiful! I ended up with one of the corner front rooms with glass block in the massive walk in shower. I booked a standard room so I must have been upgraded, although they did not mention this at check in. I asked for hypoallergenic bedding and was surprised to find an air cleaner machine in my room. I have never seen that in a hotel room before and the air smelled very clean. I wanted to take the room along with me! The location was perfect for my connection the next day for my international trip. Very clean and update. I believe they had undergone a recent renovation. Free shuttle to LAX which is only one block away. The shuttle is shared with the Marriott hotel down the street. The Courtyard is near the LAX lighted sign - good photo op. I ordered a take out sandwich from the Bistro to eat in the room and it was delicious. I would have booked this same hotel for an overnight on my return from my international trip but the price was significantly higher for some reason so I booked elsewhere. I did use the Ocean Express Trolley to get to Manhattan Beach before my flight. Be careful of your time, however, since they only stop every hour and the ride back was late. You wouldn't want to miss your flight. I think the cost was only $5 and it was a nice way to spend a few hours. I would highly recommend this hotel due to it's location, shuttle and cleanliness. Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Ask if a corner front room is available along with an air cleaner.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank travmama
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and modern the hotel was. Guest rooms were spacious and quiet. To those of you traveling as a group....the sinks are outside the bath area in the main living area. Not great if privacy is your thing. The made to order breakfast was very good and not outrageously priced. Starbucks coffee is great. Valet was prompt and professional. I'm giving this hotel a 4 star rating instead of 5 because the business center is missing a color printer. Great computers, weak black and white printer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NoreliB
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Not much to say really. Nice place. Just outside of LAX so you could walk actually. There is a Subways just next door, but not much else. The shuttle comes fairly frequently to LAX. It goes to Marriot first, then courtyard. The two are around 5 minutes apart.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hassanScott
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here on our last night of our trip before flying out the next evening. The hotel is great. the rooms are very clean and modern. We had some time to spare before our flight, so were chose to catch an a bus to visit Manhattan Beach. Breakfast is not included in this hotel. You can purchase foods in the lobby though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard on Century Boulevard in between an evening flight from the East Coast and a morning flight to Hawaii. Because it was a layover stay, my expectations weren't high; I just wanted a clean, comfortable place to sleep.

The hotel shuttle was extremely easy to find from the terminal, and the hotel is close to the airport. Maybe a five minute drive, which came in handy in the morning. And the shuttle bus was just that, a bus, not just a small van, so it could accommodate lots of people during the morning rush back to the airport.

Check-in was easy, and we were given a king size bed. Service at the reception was pleasant, though they seemed to be slightly frazzled and short-staffed. For a busy Friday evening, I would have thought they'd have the hotel lobby better staffed.

The lobby featured a mini-mart (which I think you could purchase from 24-7) and a snack bar/restaurant/bar. We ate at the snack bar, and the food was both overpriced and mediocre. But when you're hungry from traveling, food is food. And despite the lackluster food, the staff at the snack bar were great. Really friendly and honest about the dishes.

The room itself was incredibly clean and spacious, and definitely fit the bill for what we were looking for that evening.

The only drawback? The sink was outside of the toilet/shower area in the main part of the room. This isn't really the hotel's fault, just a personal preference of mine, but hate not having that privacy for washing up. Not a big deal, but maybe something to think about if you're sharing a room with others. The bathroom itself was clean, and the shower had good water pressure.

Most importantly -- free wifi! And it was good wifi to boot! Two thumbs up for this.

Overall, it was a good stay, though unremarkable. If we ever have a similar overnight between flights out of LAX, I'd definitely stay here again. The price was right and it was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edythevieve
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I chose this hotel for our 8 hour layover from Kauai back to OKC at LAX. The shuttle service was a piece of cake even though we didn't know what we were doing. There is a red sign in the shuttle area (above the loading area...look up). A blue shuttle bus runs continuously between the Marriott and Courtyard and LAX. We were pointed towards the red sign loading area and just then the shuttle pulled up. While I wish we had been dropped off first because the Courtyard is closer on the map, it really wasn't too long to get to the hotel.

The hotel renovation is nice! The staff was friendly (which I didn't expect in Los Angeles). The grill in the lobby closes at 11, but we had plenty of time to go to our room, call down an order and then go back to pick it up (they don't deliver).

The beds are great, the room was clean. My only improvement would be better access to coffee early in the morning (before 6:00).

If I have to stay over near the airport again, I WILL choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you arrive hungry like we did, be sure to order your dinner from the grill before they close at 1...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple