“Excellent Staff- Thank you, Amy!”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #39 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Outstanding service from front desk- Amy! I thought I had made a room reservation at this hotel along with my team from work. We had just spent several days at a trade show about 2.5 hrs north of LA and had been in bumper to bumper traffic for nearly 2 hours. We were exhausted that evening when we arrived at the hotel. I checked in at the front desk with Amy on Feb 14 and after not finding my reservation, she told me the hotel was full. I frantically searched through my email but couldn't find the reservation. When I realized my mistake and that I didn't have a room for the night, she acted quickly and in a matter of minutes, Amy had contacted the Marriott down the street, booked me a room, and asked the shuttle driver to take me to the hotel. Wow! I was really impressed and I will never forget that!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very close to LAX which is great when you come in from a late flight. The room was spacious & comfortable. Check in was a breeze, the have us extra bottled water & made sure the crib we asked for was already in our room.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nothing fancy or special about this hotel. Average hotel. Front desk staff were quite nice & helpful and managed to get us a city tour to Los Angeles. We were on the second floor & I constantly heard this annoying "Ting" noise at all hours. Later discovered that is was a sound from the "elevator" area. Need to tone that sound down a bit. It is close to Airport. Bathroom was very cramped.
Overall grade B-/C+.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank M_D_Saab
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the spacious and clean room at this hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable as well, bathroom was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and the check in and out was smooth. There is only valet parking but at $20 overnight it was not that bad. I noticed parking meters behind the hotel too so that is another option. The hotel is only 5 minutes drive from the car rental and there are no airplane noises. It is about 20 minutes drive from Beverly Hills but admittedly we lucked out with no traffic jams. What a difference from airport hotels e.g. in London Heathrow....!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have always stayed here, however, this time around was exciting because of the snack bar in the lobby. The staff (evening and day) were extra helpful and cheerful. The food was delicious and prices affordable. I tried to purchase some snacks because they are not a 24x7 operation. Nice place to enjoy a quiet drink, or light dinner, albeit the packed and boisterous bar near the elevators. Breakfast is also good. Walking distance to other places including Amtrak (just over the freeway).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CPFam
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Upon entering the hotel it was clear that this was a nice place! Only caution is finding the correct driveway....
The rooms are very large (ours was) and clean. The bathrooms were clean and the sink was not in by the toilet or shower.
Rooms are quiet and the internet was good.The bar area and food was slightly pricey but lots of places close by.
I would recommend this to all. Another bonus would be the free shuttle to the airport which runs about every half hour ,note leave early enough because it is not a dedicated Marriott bus and will be crowded.

Room Tip: Very close to LAX -
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here just for one night on arrival at LAX, as I suspect many people do. On arrival at midnight, the welcome was really warm and professional and we were soon in our room which was really nice and comfortable, plenty of space too. The only 'feature' I didn't like was that the bathroom had no basin, instead this was in the main bedroom itself, not a great feature! There was a little bit of corridor noise during the night but after a transatlantic flight I soon fell asleep again.

Next morning we went for breakfast and whilst before we got the the process seemed a little officious, with a card telling us we could have 1 of this and 2 of that etc. it became clear getting there, basically it was a counter service, a bit like a coffee shops and you selected what you wanted and presumably paid for extras. The breakfast was great, all quality stuff and the breakfast area was really nice too.

Finally, we asked the guy on reception for advice about getting to the hire car place about a mile away, should we get a taxi or hotel shuttle bus to the airport then car hire shuttle there, he immediately said 'no problem, I'll drop you there myself in the hotel bus'.

So all in all a great choice, we walked out of arrivals at LAX straight onto the hotel shuttle bus, via another Marriott, got great service at reception, a great breakfast in the morning and a fantastic 'extra' service with the ride to our hire car place too.

Couldn't have made a better choice, and it was one of the cheaper mid options too...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple