“Worth a repeat visit”

Ranked #40 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth a repeat visit”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on West Century Blvd instead of the Marriott (a couple of doors down) where the rest of our family was staying. So glad we decided to do that. Not only was our room significantly cheaper, we had free wifi and a more intimate environment during our stay. The staff was very accommodating and professional. I enjoyed having two rental car companies a stones trough away as well as free shuttle to the airport. This will be a repeat hotel for future travel to Los Angeles.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The one issue made me very dissapointed. When I booked it on Expedia 3 days before arrival, there were 2 options: queen room (2 queen beds) and thhe king room (1 king bed). King room was 10 dollars more expensive. For 2 of us I prefer 1 king bed and made the reservation for it. But, when I came to the hotel I was told that no king rooms are available and that hotels are not able to provide "special requests" sometimes. But, my king bed was not "special request" it was promissed to me during the booking process and was a little bit more expensive than the queen's one provided to me. One can say that there is no big difference, but for me it was significant sign that the hotel is not honest to customers.
Rooms are clean and spacy, Beds are comfortable. Lack of soap, shampoo in a bath (the must in airport hotels). Very poor bar (compare to the nearest Sheraton). Service is acceptable for 3 stars (if we do not consider equalness of promisses and reality to be the service).
20 dollars for valett is acceptable in this area (no options for free parking), but some hotels in this area (i.e. LA Airport Marriott nearby ) provide free self parking

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Love the proximity to the airport. It's comfortable and smooth for simplicity. Nice little restaurant downstairs and it's the best choice in the area at a good price. Plus you get your Marriott Rewards points.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Denver
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this Courtyard hotel the night before flying to China, and obviously needed a good night of sleep before the long journey. Everything about this place delivered for me, and I was able to sleep in comfort. It's a fairly newly refurbished property, and the beds are very comfortable. Also, I asked for a quiet room (no easy feat near an airport like LAX) and got it. The room was on the 7th floor, room 727, like the old commercial aircraft. But there is nothing old about this room in look or feel, and it was spotless. It looked out over an alley, not Century Boulevard, and I heard no traffic or airplane noise.

The lobby facility is just fine, with a casual dining area that had a good selection of comfort food to order if you aren't inclined to go out to a real restaurant the evening before a flight. The seating area is large, modern, and includes private flat panel TVs with remotes so that you may watch the channel or your choice while eating. I thought this was a fairly unique and welcome setup.

In sum, nobody likes staying at airport hotels, but if you must, this Courtyard fits the bill perfectly. Finally, I should mention the 24-hour free shuttle that picks up and drops off every 15 minutes. The hotel is very close to the airport proper, so you won't miss your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up such as 7th floor, away from Century Boulevard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here when I flew in for a quick dinner meeting. I was impressed with the renovations, and the rooms. Although super close to the hotel, the noise was faint at best, and I managed a good 8 hrs of zzz's. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Inside rooms seem very quite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mario m, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Dear Guest,

Courtyard by Marriott LAX Guest Experience Team
KL
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Without a doubt, this's a very good hotel for transit compare to other airports. The hotel is nice, bed comfortable and the service is just as good! This hotel do provide complimentary wifi as well as shuttle to and fro from LAX and hotel. The shuttle is fast and efficient, you don't have to wait too long just in case you miss one! I'll recommend this hotel to anyone who's going for transit, else it will be a bit inconvenience without a car, for public transport definitely a bit difficult to find except taxi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ser-Eng
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Me and my friend wanted to stay 2 nights in LA for a short trip after our business meeting. We chose to stay in this hotel because I'm a member of marriott and we got an online promotion rate(U$93++). Well, I tend to trust the Marriott good services too :)
The location is very convenience. From the airport take their free shuttle bus to the hotel. But nearby doesn't have much choice of restaurant.
The frontdesk was very helpful. We changed our room from 1 Kingsize-bed to 2 queensize-beds without any surcharge, happy! The room is very big, the bed is comfy, but the bathroom is small, the hair dryer not function :( Well, we only stay to sleep, so it doesn't really matter to me.
The next day morning, we took the free shuttle back to airport again to take another free shuttle to metro train station. Btw, they have complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby, very warm! And the frontdesk again, was very helpful to give us the metro map and guide us thru on how to go to Hollywood. And there we go, with a metro day pass(U$6), after a few stops changed, we were in the centre of LA Hollywood! We took the 24hrs hop on hop off bus(U$40) and surf thru most of the hot spot sightseeing places.
The next day we check out early in the morning and leave our luggage with the frontdesk, and we continued the hop on hop off bus. We went back to the hotel to claim our luggage before our flight. We were very happy with the hotel for keeping our luggage safe and also the ease of transportation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends