All reviewsclose to the airporttypical courtyardrental caran early flightfree shuttlemanhattan beachshuttle runsnext morningvalet parkingshuttle servicean airport hotelbetween flightsstarbucks coffeean overnight stayrooms are largeother hotelsshort stay
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The one issue made me very dissapointed. When I booked it on Expedia 3 days before arrival, there were 2 options: queen room (2 queen beds) and thhe king room (1 king bed). King room was 10 dollars more expensive. For 2 of us I prefer 1 king bed and made the reservation for it. But, when I came to the hotel I was told that no king rooms are available and that hotels are not able to provide "special requests" sometimes. But, my king bed was not "special request" it was promissed to me during the booking process and was a little bit more expensive than the queen's one provided to me. One can say that there is no big difference, but for me it was significant sign that the hotel is not honest to customers.
Rooms are clean and spacy, Beds are comfortable. Lack of soap, shampoo in a bath (the must in airport hotels). Very poor bar (compare to the nearest Sheraton). Service is acceptable for 3 stars (if we do not consider equalness of promisses and reality to be the service).
20 dollars for valett is acceptable in this area (no options for free parking), but some hotels in this area (i.e. LA Airport Marriott nearby ) provide free self parking

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Love the proximity to the airport. It's comfortable and smooth for simplicity. Nice little restaurant downstairs and it's the best choice in the area at a good price. Plus you get your Marriott Rewards points.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this Courtyard hotel the night before flying to China, and obviously needed a good night of sleep before the long journey. Everything about this place delivered for me, and I was able to sleep in comfort. It's a fairly newly refurbished property, and the beds are very comfortable. Also, I asked for a quiet room (no easy feat near an airport like LAX) and got it. The room was on the 7th floor, room 727, like the old commercial aircraft. But there is nothing old about this room in look or feel, and it was spotless. It looked out over an alley, not Century Boulevard, and I heard no traffic or airplane noise.

The lobby facility is just fine, with a casual dining area that had a good selection of comfort food to order if you aren't inclined to go out to a real restaurant the evening before a flight. The seating area is large, modern, and includes private flat panel TVs with remotes so that you may watch the channel or your choice while eating. I thought this was a fairly unique and welcome setup.

In sum, nobody likes staying at airport hotels, but if you must, this Courtyard fits the bill perfectly. Finally, I should mention the 24-hour free shuttle that picks up and drops off every 15 minutes. The hotel is very close to the airport proper, so you won't miss your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up such as 7th floor, away from Century Boulevard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here when I flew in for a quick dinner meeting. I was impressed with the renovations, and the rooms. Although super close to the hotel, the noise was faint at best, and I managed a good 8 hrs of zzz's. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Inside rooms seem very quite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
mario m, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Dear Guest,

Courtyard by Marriott LAX Guest Experience Team

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Without a doubt, this's a very good hotel for transit compare to other airports. The hotel is nice, bed comfortable and the service is just as good! This hotel do provide complimentary wifi as well as shuttle to and fro from LAX and hotel. The shuttle is fast and efficient, you don't have to wait too long just in case you miss one! I'll recommend this hotel to anyone who's going for transit, else it will be a bit inconvenience without a car, for public transport definitely a bit difficult to find except taxi.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends