Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airporttypical courtyardan early flightrental carmanhattan beachfree shuttleshuttle runsnext morningvalet parkingan airport hotelstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicean overnight staybetween flightsrooms are largecheck in was easyshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was clean, nice big rooms, helpful staff and we really enyojed the fitnessroom - which was empty our whole stay! Very modern and good equipment! Overall good!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or spa?!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julia A
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband stayed here in March on a business trip and suggested we book it again the night before an early morning flight at the end of our recent trip to California. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Arrived around 4pm and really needed some coffee but were told that Starbucks didn't open until 5 pm...huh? At least there was coffee in our room. The room itself was very clean and spacious enough for a lot of luggage. Agree that it would be better to have the sink enclosed with the bathroom but it wasn't a big deal for us. King-size bed was very comfortable. Good hotel for business travel and/or to catch an early flight. It's the last stop on the shuttle which arrived as we reached the lobby and we were at the airport in no time. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hotel is only five minutes from LAX, but one can not hear the airport noise day or night. Valet parking is $20/night, with in/out privilages, while self-park is ~$17 - might as well pay the extra $3 for the convenience. The hotel has shuttle service to LAX and the Marriott every 15 minutes, which is very convenient. This hotel has had a complete renovation, unlike some Courtyards which have only remodeled the lobby. The lobby is the Bistro concept which Courtyard is rolling out, and is standard fare. We walked to the Marriott, which has three restaurants on site, and took the free shuttle back after dinner - very convenient and better options if looking for a proper sit-down dinner. The floors looks beautiful and the newly remoded rooms are spacious - however, and this is the only reason I did not rate this hotel as "excellent", the bathroom sink is not enclosed and is right next to the closest in the main "living" part of the room! It is very strange configuration, is unsanitary for one person but is just gross for two people or more in a room! . There is a total lack of privacy with this concept and I really don't understand what was on the minds of the designers with this. I understand that this hotel caters to one-night only, business travel, which usually indicates one person in the room. I would not feel comfortable AT ALL traveling with my husband with this concept - I need a bit more privacy than this room afforded! As long as people are aware of this issue upfront, and are OK with it, this is a great hotel for an overnight near LAX. For a couple or family, not so much.

2  Thank MarilynMonroe97
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I visited the Courtyard LAX for business this week and had a very positive experience. The hotel is literally right next to LAX, which is convenient for travel into and out of the airport, but it is also relatively central to other LA locations. During my trip, I was in South LA, West LA, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Downtown, and North LA, and I was able to get from the hotel to each location in an hour or less, even with LA traffic.
The room itself was very nice: a standard spacious and clean Courtyard room. The hotel was very convenient for business travel, with a business center, free, fast wifi, etc. Parking is valet and costs $20/night; I have to admit that it was very convenient to hand off the car in front of the hotel after a long day of driving!
While the hotel itself was excellent, the aspect that made it special and would lead to my returning on future trips was the staff. Whenever I returned to the hotel, there were kind, welcoming, and helpful. The valet staff always asked when I'd be needing the car and had it close and ready when I came to pick it up; I never waited more than five minutes. The front desk staff was very helpful, sorting out a small billing issue with ease. I want to mention Toyia in particular, as she went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. She was always ready with a welcome and a smile whenever I returned to the hotel and provided assistance with everything from wake-up calls to local transportation and attractions. In short, the staff made this already positive stay even better, and I would recommend this hotel as a result. I'll certainly be returning the next time I'm in the area!

1  Thank LaurenandRyan
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Booked a standard room, which came with two queens.

Clean and spacious room.
Very comfortable bedding, decent internet bandwidth (2 megabit down).

This hotel is no exception @ $20.

Room Tip: Be aware that most hotels in the LAX region have a mandatory valet policy ~$10-$25. This hotel is no exception @ $20.